Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IMO Levy had an influence in the team selection today.
Why Sanchez unless it's a shop window?
Big, big bucks paid for this player.
I have similar feeling.

While Levy may not tell Mourinho to pick who, likely they talk about keeping player value so they would eventually get some value back to reinvest. Similarly is Winks case (different purpose. We want to keep him happy for now). Both suddenly got back into the mix recently after deservedly limited on game time.

We are good enough ffs

The reason our 2nd half stats are poor is because we're usually in front by then and are sitting back on our lead, as per instruction. 10+ points we've thrown away by sitting off of lesser opponents in the second half of matches and letting them take the initiative - games where we look much the better side when not playing bullshit tactics that keep getting punished
It's got to be more tiring playing without the ball than if you're dominating possession. You have to run like a motherfucking dog and if your closing down or tracking runners fails for a fraction of a second you can give up a goal.

People think Mourinho's style is low-risk football on the basis that if you don't have the ball, you can't make mistakes with it. Someone like Pep thinks the more you have of the ball, the less chance the opposition have to score. I know which strategy i prefer.

It's got to be more tiring playing without the ball than if you're dominating possession. You have to run like a motherfucking dog and if your closing down or tracking runners fails for a fraction of a second you can give up a goal.

People think Mourinho's style is low-risk football on the basis that if you don't have the ball, you can't make mistakes with it. Someone like Pep thinks the more you have of the ball, the less chance the opposition have to score. I know which strategy i prefer.

I saw someone earlier say that the league is too strong now for you to play this way and I think it's a good point - more money in the league means the weaker teams are able to buy a higher quality player than they could previously (among other advancements) and so if given the ball are more able to punish you

I saw someone earlier say that the league is too strong now for you to play this way and I think it's a good point - more money in the league means the weaker teams are able to buy a higher quality player than they could previously (among other advancements) and so if given the ball are more able to punish you
Probably true and his last league title here was pre-Klopp or Pep arriving at their clubs. It's definitively a more competetive league than it has been at other times.

I think tonight more than any other time showed he is completely finished as a top manager
Picked a 1st 11 more concerned with stopping fulham
Didn't see that substitutions were needed 10 mins before they scored
He has no confidence in his own ability as a manager anymore
He goes into every game hoping Kane turns it on
Should be put into any managers contract if you make fulham look like prime Barcelona you should be sacked on the spot
Told you you'd turn on mourinho too. Always the managers fault!

Told you you'd turn on mourinho too. Always the managers fault!
The manager treats every team like they are Brazil when they do that its over
Your celebrating an an ex manager where we've all had shits that are a bigger achievement then a charity shield
You celebtating George Grahams latest achievements in his life? Or gross or redknapp or jol
Like i said clown

We have been saying this for 14 months, he's a Dinosaur

Done at top level
Yep. Many our turning on him. Even the one's who called poch a failure & mourinho a winner & the man we need.
We may as well give him to the end of the season & hope we win the league cup. Everyone playing crap so we can scrape top 4 would be appreciated too.

We have just enough for the top4 , not more. He is just rejecting half of the team and the regular are not fresh.
We can just expect a miracle top4 and a big refresh during this summer.

The manager treats every team like they are Brazil when they do that its over
Your celebrating an an ex manager where we've all had shits that are a bigger achievement then a charity shield
You celebtating George Grahams latest achievements in his life? Or gross or redknapp or jol
Like i said clown
You said no trophy for poch. Wrong!
Mourinho the serial winner to take us a big step forward. Wrong again!
At least you admit mourinho is wrong for us. A terrible decision from your boy levy. 15m a year too. No wonder you're mad & redirecting your anger towards me rather than the common denominator.

We have just enough for the top4 , not more. He is just rejecting half of the team and the regular are not fresh.
We can just expect a miracle top4 and a big refresh during this summer.

We could do much more this season and the points we have thrown away to shit teams because of his outdated tactics show it - 10 fucking points because of him.

Why would you look at what's he done here so far and say he's the man to invest in and take us forward? He's finished

Falling into the same traps as Pochettino really.

4231 without the required personnel the biggest trap of them all.

I'd rather see us play 352 than that fucking 4231.

Its beyond embarrassing that a manager, with the honours list of Mourinho, can manage a team so poorly.

I've been one of the biggest supporters of Mourinho and I've been one of the most optimistic on here when it's come to our chances this season, but he lost me tonight.

Its at the point where despite beating shit, for the most part, and getting to a League Cup final (which at this rate we'll have no chance of winning), I'm actually dreading playing a team at the weekend who have ONE win in 6 months in the league.

If he delivers us a trophy this year. That should be him done and he should do the honourable thing and walk. Itd be a great achievement to win us our first trophy in 13 years but we can't go in like this.

And we cannot go into a third season knowing what we all know from his past.

Yep. Many our turning on him. Even the one's who called poch a failure & mourinho a winner & the man we need.
We may as well give him to the end of the season & hope we win the league cup. Everyone playing crap so we can scrape top 4 would be appreciated too.
Poch did fail in england you
You said no trophy for poch. Wrong!
Mourinho the serial winner to take us a big step forward. Wrong again!
At least you admit mourinho is wrong for us. A terrible decision from your boy levy. 15m a year too. No wonder you're mad & redirecting your anger towards me rather than the common denominator.
The charity shield is not a trophy you absolute clown
If it is i won the kent cup twice so I've won a major trophy
Do the world a favour top yourself you cunt

When you think about it, that statement is technically correct for literally any question about any team in football...

leonardo-dicaprio-inception.jpeg

Not enough mental to keep our points.

If that's true, which is debatable, then why do we keep setting up to defend 1 goal leads? We look threatening when we are taking the game to opponents but are susceptible to conceding when sat off - if the managers too stupid to spot what's going wrong then he's not showing himself in a good light

Back
Top Bottom