Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy will weigh up the cost of sacking him against the cost of a disgruntled fan base.
If sacking him gets the fans back on board for another couple of years that's what he'll do.
He'll recoup that with the sale of 1 player
Levy knows how to play the fans. Got them blaming every manager & never the guy that picks them & usually doesn't back them.

If that's true, which is debatable, then why do we keep setting up to defend 1 goal leads? We look threatening when we are taking the game to opponents but are susceptible to conceding when sat off - if the managers too stupid to spot what's going wrong then he's not showing himself in a good light
I think his tactics rely on having a rock-solid back 4 particularly centre-halves. He doesn't have Terry/Carvalho/Ramos/Lucio or anyone on that level here now. Unless he finds 2 world-class centre-halves it's not going to work.

Redknapp has, at the time, our greatest squad in the Prem era. Gets us to a cup final and a few semi finals. Can't win us a trophy.

Fast forward to Pochettino who moulds a team into arguably our greatest team in the Prem era. Gets us to a cup final and a few semi finals. Cant win us a trophy.

We now have Mourinho. Not only does he now have arguably our best squad of the Prem era. He always wins a trophy in his first full season at clubs. Has us into a final...

If we don't win a trophy this season and end Mourinhos streak... Is it a Spurs thing? What's going on?

Redknapp has, at the time, our greatest squad in the Prem era. Gets us to a cup final and a few semi finals. Can't win us a trophy.

Fast forward to Pochettino who moulds a team into arguably our greatest team in the Prem era. Gets us to a cup final and a few semi finals. Cant win us a trophy.

We now have Mourinho. Not only does he now have arguably our best squad of the Prem era. He always wins a trophy in his first full season at clubs. Has us into a final...

If we don't win a trophy this season and end Mourinhos streak... Is it a Spurs thing? What's going on?
I think we see if we can sneak the main team into the Women's Super League and hope for the best.

If we can finish top4 and no trophy , it will be a success.

If we can finish top4 and no trophy , it will be a success.

Wasn't really my point.

My point was, does there come a point where we stop blaming managers for our lack of silverware?

Redknapp, Pochettino and of course Mourinho aren't bad managers - two of them have been significant in our rise to where we are today yet neither of them have won us anything.

Redknapp and Pochettino were both managers during a team we had (during their times) Tottenhams best teams/squad in the Premier League era.

During times where the likes of Swansea, Wigan, Sunderland, Birmingham etc. were all winning trophies instead of Tottenham Hotspur.

Mourinho has this record if never failing to win a trophy in his first season at a club. This is his first full season at Spurs and if he fails to win us a trophy that record ends. Coincidence?

We need better owners & chairman. Goodnight all

Wasn't really my point.

My point was, does there come a point where we stop blaming managers for our lack of silverware?

Redknapp, Pochettino and of course Mourinho aren't bad managers - two of them have been significant in our rise to where we are today yet neither of them have won us anything.

Redknapp and Pochettino were both managers during a team we had (during their times) Tottenhams best teams/squad in the Premier League era.

During times where the likes of Swansea, Wigan, Sunderland, Birmingham etc. were all winning trophies instead of Tottenham Hotspur.

Mourinho has this record if never failing to win a trophy in his first season at a club. This is his first full season at Spurs and if he fails to win us a trophy that record ends. Coincidence?
Jol/Redknapp/Poch all suffered mostly because we had great teams and not great squads, so come the business end of the season we came up short as league took priority because of the £££s, that said latter 2 defo should have won things as the teams were that good. Mourinho is just past it and we're the dumbe cunts who couldn't see what was blindingly obvious to the rest of the footballing world when he slinked away from United. Does mean anything in relation to a wider issue - wrong appointment, it happens.

I know there's a lot of dislike for Levy on here but i look at it as the stadium being all important up untill we were fully moved in, yes even above trophies as it's laying down the foundation to be a genuine force in football - from now onward will be the time to judge on what the club delivers.

Though i do think we've made a massive error in appointing Mourinho and am worried about the supposed fawning over him in the Amazon doc and whether that means Levy will have trouble pulling the trigger.

Wasn't really my point.

Levy and Hitchen got their part ..

Leicester are doing better than us since few years .

Cmon using Sissoko to play like winger ... when you have Bale , Moura , Lamela .
I am sur he told to Levy why they are still benched ..

Something about us.

This season is becoming very painful.

In a Cup final which is great but since the Palace draw, another match where we led and surrendered a lead we have been nothing short of Jekyll and Hyde. I fcuking hate it.

Can Mourinho change it or is he another falling foul of the inexplicable- who knows but right now I find it hard to back us against any team let alone win a trophy.

Checked some of the upcoming matches

United v Liverpool
Southampton v Leicester
Aston Villa v Everton
Win Sunday and a couple draws from those 3 would do us some good.

Last edited:
Checked some of the upcoming matches

United v Liverpool
Southampton v Chelsea
Aston v Everton
Win Sunday and a couple draws from those 3 would do us some good.

Chelsea actually have Fulham - it's Leicester that have Southampton. But if we win on Sunday - wouldn't we technically be hoping for a Liverpool win?

On Sunday, if we beat Sheff Utd, let's just say the worst happens and Everton, Man City and Leicester all win.

Liverpool win would leave the table like:

1. Liverpool - 36
2. Man Utd - 36
3. Man City - 35
4. Leicester - 35
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5. Everton - 35
6. Tottenham -33

Draw would see it like this:

1. Man Utd - 37
2. Man City - 35
3. Leicester - 35
4. Everton - 35
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5. Liverpool - 34
6. Tottenham - 33

Would we want a draw knowing 4 points behind United is catchable with them still to come to White Hart Lane, Stamford Bridge, Etihad etc. and only being 1 point behind Liverpool or do we want a Liverpool win knowing we're just 3 points off top with both Liverpool and Utd to come to the Lane?

Back
Top Bottom