Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chelsea actually have Fulham - it's Leicester that have Southampton. But if we win on Sunday - wouldn't we technically be hoping for a Liverpool win?

On Sunday, if we beat Sheff Utd, let's just say the worst happens and Everton, Man City and Leicester all win.

Liverpool win would leave the table like:

1. Liverpool - 36
2. Man Utd - 36
3. Man City - 35
4. Leicester - 35
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5. Everton - 35
6. Tottenham -33

Draw would see it like this:

1. Man Utd - 37
2. Man City - 35
3. Leicester - 35
4. Everton - 35
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5. Liverpool - 34
6. Tottenham - 33

Would we want a draw knowing 4 points behind United is catchable with them still to come to White Hart Lane, Stamford Bridge, Etihad etc. and only being 1 point behind Liverpool or do we want a Liverpool win knowing we're just 3 points off top with both Liverpool and Utd to come to the Lane?
still a long long way to go. the title is there for the taking still, however we need a proper CM this window and probably a quality CB who can play out from the back too...get them two players in and we are bang in it. a quality CM to put in with hojbjerg and ndombele/gio would make the world of difference, wed actually be able to get hold of games properly

He will stay until 2022
This is my feeling too. The wheels would really have to come off next season for him not to see 21/22 out fully. Levy has coveted him for years and finally got his man (whether this was him getting starstruck rather than using his full judgement replacing Poch is a different question) and he's going to be incredibly reluctant to sack him if he feels things can improve. Oh, and if we manage to win a cup this season then it also makes him bulletproof in the short term.

I also see little evidence so far of Mourinho having lost the dressing room. Individual players might want more game time etc but the feeling behind the scenes still appears positive.

Jose rationalizing and lamenting is getting tiresome. Yes, I think us as a team have a somewhat soft mentality, but Jose is getting the tactics all wrong especially with teams we are superior to on a man to man basis. There should be no reason we are sitting on 1 nil leads. We need to develop a killer instinct and really pile on against the Fulham's, Crystal Palace's, and Newcastle's of the league.

Chelsea actually have Fulham - it's Leicester that have Southampton. But if we win on Sunday - wouldn't we technically be hoping for a Liverpool win?

On Sunday, if we beat Sheff Utd, let's just say the worst happens and Everton, Man City and Leicester all win.

Liverpool win would leave the table like:

1. Liverpool - 36
2. Man Utd - 36
3. Man City - 35
4. Leicester - 35
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5. Everton - 35
6. Tottenham -33

Draw would see it like this:

1. Man Utd - 37
2. Man City - 35
3. Leicester - 35
4. Everton - 35
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5. Liverpool - 34
6. Tottenham - 33

Would we want a draw knowing 4 points behind United is catchable with them still to come to White Hart Lane, Stamford Bridge, Etihad etc. and only being 1 point behind Liverpool or do we want a Liverpool win knowing we're just 3 points off top with both Liverpool and Utd to come to the Lane?
You're right, it's Leicester, which is even better for us. That means all teams (except City) between us are playing each other this weekend.

I'm not too bothered about the League at the moment but I’m not sure we’d fare well against Liverpool with the coming off a lost to United, so a draw would be preferred. Assuming we beat Sheffield on Sunday, best case scenario from the latter two matches would be two draws. That would have us in the top 4 on GD.

Next three matches for Leicester are Southampton, Chelsea, Everton.

Southampton-->Leicester, Woolwich, Villa

Everton-->Villa, Leicester, Newcastle​

We've got Sheffield, Liverpool, Brighton. 7pts at the end of the month could see us in 4th(?)

LC aren't getting all 9pts. Southampton are behind us 1pt, their fixtures is pretty brutal from now until March, I could see them dropping off a bit. DCL is out with a hamstring injury, Everton will struggle without him.

Checked some of the upcoming matches

United v Liverpool
Southampton v Leicester
Aston Villa v Everton
Win Sunday and a couple draws from those 3 would do us some good.
United, leicester and villa will all win and city will win the league, city are better at the low block than us, kinda frightening.

You're right, it's Leicester, which is even better for us. That means all teams (except City) between us are playing each other this weekend.

I'm not too bothered about the League at the moment but I’m not sure we’d fare well against Liverpool with the coming off a lost to United, so a draw would be preferred. Assuming we beat Sheffield on Sunday, best case scenario from the latter two matches would be two draws. That would have us in the top 4 on GD.

Next three matches for Leicester are Southampton, Chelsea, Everton.

Southampton-->Leicester, Woolwich, Villa

Everton-->Villa, Leicester, Newcastle​

We've got Sheffield, Liverpool, Brighton. 7pts at the end of the month could see us in 4th(?)

LC aren't getting all 9pts. Southampton are behind us 1pt, their fixtures is pretty brutal from now until March, I could see them dropping off a bit. DCL is out with a hamstring injury, Everton will struggle without him.

I honestly don't know why you are going through the various permutations, we are fucking shit. Trying to assign us wins in games going forwards is ridiculous, we've won 2/8.

We are a great team to play for the lower teams, who are happy with a draw, they just need to let us score one, as that's the trigger for us to completely stop playing. They then have the rest of the match to equalise.

What i would love is a fan of Mourinhos stint with us to say what we are actually doing right under him that gives them that faith? To me his league pts to date are average at best, performances are dreadful, game management is poor, improvement of individual players is minimal if at all, entertainment is zero. No deflection about Poch, or Sissoko and Aurier....what is he doing right?

Last edited:
Stubborn man getting it repeatedly wrong and will leave us with the distressing 'what if' scenario. These players have a moment in time to succeed and it feels like groundhog day again.

Mourinhos record against last years relegated teams and this years bottom 3 so far, won 3, drawn 4. None of those 3 wins were by more than a single goal, Bournemouth 3-2, Norwich 2-1, WBA 1-0. Draws with Bournemouth, Norwich, Watford and Fulham.

3 or 4 years ago we were absolutely battering the lesser sides.

Nothing stays the same but we really are letting slip am opportunity......... again.

Different manager same outcomes looking very likely.

Falling into the same traps as Pochettino really.

4231 without the required personnel the biggest trap of them all.

I'd rather see us play 352 than that fucking 4231.

Its beyond embarrassing that a manager, with the honours list of Mourinho, can manage a team so poorly.

I've been one of the biggest supporters of Mourinho and I've been one of the most optimistic on here when it's come to our chances this season, but he lost me tonight.

Its at the point where despite beating shit, for the most part, and getting to a League Cup final (which at this rate we'll have no chance of winning), I'm actually dreading playing a team at the weekend who have ONE win in 6 months in the league.

If he delivers us a trophy this year. That should be him done and he should do the honourable thing and walk. Itd be a great achievement to win us our first trophy in 13 years but we can't go in like this.

And we cannot go into a third season knowing what we all know from his past.

Thing that annoys me is we had an amazing transfer window, we now have really good depth, at least as strong as United who are at the top of the league. I accept we have one or two issues at CB but why does he allow in the second half all the pressure to come on them. Every game it’s the same.

If we can finish top4 and no trophy , it will be a success.
No, us getting top four, would be a failure, and is based on the notion that all are opponents play like leeds.

Villa, Leicester,Everton all have a more balance style of play and thats not even including man city, liverpool and man u, who if push comes to shove will always be a threat with fernandes and those dodgy penalties.

We have dodgy centrebacks, toby is getting on, a really poor right back, including doherty and a non existent right hand side.
We have no brains in the middle of the park, and teams will catch on to marking ndombele out the game.

Jose will never change, as has been evident all season, and now his only strength is working against him, and many teams are doing a better job at it than him 'address late goals'.

Jose will be gone by the end of the season, there's no way he can make the defence or mdfield work without transfers.
Haasehutl will be his successor.

Playing sanchez, winks, sissoko and aurier and even dier, is a recipe for disaster, you can afford to carry one, without the chance of a none of them ballsing it up, coumpound that with tactics, and you are just pilling on unneccesary pressure.

Back
Top Bottom