Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sam Allardyce could probably win a cup with PSG in the French league, calm down Christ.
I honestly think Allardyce is underrated by most people

He's always been a very good manager.

The fact that he's a bit of a joker, fat and English means he doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Same as Moyes. Both really good managers who often over achieved.

Allardyce's behaviour in regards to agents, gravy and pints of wine is a different matter though..

In reality, the only thing he can do that matters is win the CL.
For the Owners and fans, yeah. But I think Poch went there to get the 'trophyless manager' monkey off his back, even if it's a couple Ligue 1 title and French Cups.

He'll be taking the first big job that is available once his 18 month contract is up.

For the Owners and fans, yeah. But I think Poch went there to get the 'trophyless manager' monkey off his back, even if it's a couple Ligue 1 title and French Cups.

He'll be taking the first big job that is available once his 18 month contract is up.
If he does well, he'd have no reason not to renew. The PSG job is a dream, insane wages, cake walk league and great city if you're rich. If Mbappe fucks off you're just left with Neymar to please as well and no drama.

If he does well, he'd have no reason not to renew. The PSG job is a dream, insane wages, cake walk league and great city if you're rich. If Mbappe fucks off you're just left with Neymar to please as well and no drama.
I sort thought him signing a 18mth contract meant he saw PSG as a stopgap, but apparently Tuchel was on a 2 year contract as well, so it might just something the Club does.

Otherwise, I agree with you. If he does 'well' (win CL or come very close), I don't see a reason both parties wouldn't renew.

Congrats poch. Already proved many on here wrong. Not that he will care about them. He deserves a winners medal.
I'm pleased for him, but its the local equivalent of the community shield. Which they've won 7 years on the trot.
And he's managing a team that has won 6 of the last 7 league titles . And everything domestic for the 3 of the last 4.
Let's not try and pretend that he's turned round a crisis club or any such nonsense. Yeah, they were having their worst season for a while, cos they weren't running away with it, and were in a title race.

Some people round here don't want to hear it, but if he doesn't win the league in his 18 months there, he's failed.if he wins everything domestically, he's performed to par. He has to win the CL. Hope he does, but to be classed as better than par, he has to.

Want him to fail or who can see he is failing?
Want him to fail. If someone thinks he is failing, fair enough. But there are people on here that the very least imply they would rather he failed.
I dont hide it, I detest the fucker. Since the eye poking nonsense when he was at Madrid
I woukd much rather we hadn't appointed him though I can see why we did.

. But wanting him to fail? Nahhhhh

I sort thought him signing a 18mth contract meant he saw PSG as a stopgap, but apparently Tuchel was on a 2 year contract as well, so it might just something the Club does.

Otherwise, I agree with you. If he does 'well' (win CL or come very close), I don't see a reason both parties wouldn't renew.

The directors know that no manager will be there for very long. They do not have proper discipline and the managers cannot control the dressing room. Eventually they will get fed up of dealing with Neymar and friends and the tension will become too much.

Poch is treating PSG the same way we are treating Mou. An easy way to deal with the albatross of never winning a trophy. It's never going to be a long term thing. He doesn't want to stay in the French league for too long.

Maybe you do.
But there's a very large, and very sad group of people on this forum who are desperate for him to fail.
Yeh some very bitter people desperate for him to fail. You can tell they were annoyed he has already won something. They will be super happy when psg get knocked out the CL!

Back
Top Bottom