Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the exact same thing keeps happening,

Palace
West Ham
Newcastle
Liverpool
Fulham
Wolves

You have no choice but to blame the person in charge.
You can make it complicated, but it's not. We know what's happening, we can all see it and time after time he's allowing it to happen by either not making subs earlier, making negative defensive subs or just setting us up to hold on.

I can't continue to support that, we would be clear at the top this season if not for his negativity.
Blown a golden opportunity again.

Btw not saying the players aren't responsible either, because beyond Kane and Son who carry this team on their shoulders we have a lot of dross players who make mistakes and can't find any creativity or consistency to their games. I can't make a case for any one of them fulfilling their potential.

I personally am a big Jose fan, we,ve had all these other so called top men at least lets give the guy a fair chance. dont understand all this" beautiful football" that died years ago win as ugly as shit as long as we win. still in with a shout in a few comps, already in one final, lets not be asking for the managers head, im sure the employment of him is a long term statergy by Mr Levy.
I don't think you can use the words long term and strategy with Jose. Unless the strategy is how do i replace him? He's the ultimate short-term manager really.

I put as much blame on the players as I do Jose but eventually you can’t keep blaming players when we have different lineups out there and they do the same thing.

I’m not saying Jose out because there are no other options ready to step in right away and we can still win a cup but after this season we really need to reevaluate if Jose staying is best for the squad.

No, I've been online in general a lot less for a while now. As well as victories, I wasn't here when we lost to liverpool, Leicester, Some europa team or in some of the dropped pts games either.
So my plan to only come when we lose or disappoint isn't going well.
I also posted all game against marine & Fulham which is foolish as of course we would have beat marine & I genuinely thought we would beat fulham.
If I kept just coming on after we concede or lose etc then Id get your point.
So I've missed good & bad form.
So I think you are very wrong on that!

I also think frustration at someone blaming everything on levy isn't a valid/good reason to personally abuse someone & tell them to top themselves.
I can't imagine getting that nasty because a stranger online criticises a chairman.
Obviously you can understand it & gave reasoning for it. I can't get on board with that. So I think we are both very different.
You must have a lot of hate inside of you to be that nasty just because someone criticizes your clubs chairman.
But as I said, we all different. Different amounts of empathy & coldness. So he is only being himself when he posts abuse & tells people to kill themselves. I am just glad I am not like that & full of hate, ready to unleash it at the slightest thing.

Make that 3 things I disagree with you on ha. I haven't known so many other fans be anywhere near as defensive towards their chairman & owner. & to the extent they personally abuse people & tell them to top themselves if they criticise the owners or chairman. I am sure some do, but not as much as our fans in my opinion. Usually its the opposite. They love certain players & sometimes the manager. & they blame owners & have no real connection to them. So its another agree to disagree.

& as for your not needing to apportion blame comment. Thats fair enough. I can only say how I feel & I feel the owners, levy aren't good enough & nor is jose anymore. So I feel ready for us to try new owners & chairman. I don't think there's anything wrong in me feeling that way.
Equally some love levy & ENIC which is their right, but I am not going to tell them to kill themselves because I feel differently.
& your we all win or all lose together view is fine too. I obviously don't agree. I think its more complex than that. & how would you ever get rid of anyone if they alone aren't to blame.

Also it's interesting you don't like the blame game in football but your all for it when it comes to personal abuse & telling people to commit suicide. Its my fault apparently he behaved like that. You message me but not him I see. You seem more bothered by my way of being a supporter than his abuse & urging me to kill myself.
Why else take issue with me directly but not him hmmm. But to be fair you did say it at the start of your post it was out of order him doing it to me.

Anyway. Good we can share different opinions without personal abuse & the urging of the other to kill themselves!
I don’t understand why someone would want someone else to top themselves over a football opinion. It is completely out of order and I said so. In what way am I “all for it” in blaming someone or otherwise when it comes to personal abuse? Hopefully you’ve just misunderstood my post and aren’t being deliberately obtuse.

As for engaging with you, I did that on the football side of what you said, not on the comment the other poster made. I didn’t engage with him as I didn’t feel it worthwhile, although I did foul vote the post.

Obviously, my point on football was completely lost in my post, so I’ll leave it there.

As I've said before.
I'm convinced it'll be used as a case study in psychology classrooms in decades to come.

20210114-112648.jpg
I am the same. Its fascinating. I'm not angry, just really curious about how people can feel that way about said owner/chairman. Imagine telling someone to kill themselves because they criticised a football clubs chairman! Crazy stuff!

Come what may we stick with Jose till at least the end of the season. It's madness to be on his back this early on. We clearly are 2 top class players away from a sustained challenge at the top. We don't have the triple threat up front that Liverpool have and we don't have the midfield scoring options that City possess.

Mourinho's style means you have to be clinical with the fewer chances you get. Think of who scores goals:

Liverpool: Mane, Salah, Firmino, Jota, with a decent chip in from the rest of the team

City: Sterling, Gundogan, Aguero, Mahrez, Foden, de Bruyne, Silva, Torres, Jesus

Spurs: Kane and Son

Sissoko's run on goal yesterday summed it up. We don't have enough players who know how to score.
Problem is its hard for a midfielder to get many goals if he has so many defensive duties. Would berg score more if he didn't have as much defending to do?

I’m not saying Jose out because there are no other options ready to step in right away and we can still win a cup but after this season we really need to reevaluate if Jose staying is best for the squad.
Agree. I don't think anyone is saying out now. We've made our bed and now have to see the season play out (unless the wheels come off completely). No one would come in now and as much as i hate the football he deserves a full season. I really think we need to move on in the summer regardless though before 3rd season Mourinho meltdown starts in earnest and we waste another summer chasing ageing 'leaders'.

You can blame Levy for Redknapp and Poch not being backed properly, i think they were both badly let down. However Mourinho has been backed like no other manager under ENIC. 9 players at roughly £100m plus 2 season long loans and no real first team players sold. Any blame should only really be heading 1 way on this one if we dont achieve our targets.
I just want to know if levy has told jose the priority is a cup or top 4? You'd think top 4 for financial reasons. But then again the theory is levy got jose in to get a trophy hmmm

Redknapp has, at the time, our greatest squad in the Prem era. Gets us to a cup final and a few semi finals. Can't win us a trophy.

Fast forward to Pochettino who moulds a team into arguably our greatest team in the Prem era. Gets us to a cup final and a few semi finals. Cant win us a trophy.

We now have Mourinho. Not only does he now have arguably our best squad of the Prem era. He always wins a trophy in his first full season at clubs. Has us into a final...

If we don't win a trophy this season and end Mourinhos streak... Is it a Spurs thing? What's going on?

Eh?

I'm guessing you're joking.

Problem for me is I don't enjoy watching us play when we win, let alone when we see the same old movie over and over as we did last night. Infuriating, dull and losing interest.

If the Stadium was open and I had paid £65 to watch that last night I would be fuming.

I personally am a big Jose fan, we,ve had all these other so called top men at least lets give the guy a fair chance. dont understand all this" beautiful football" that died years ago win as ugly as shit as long as we win. still in with a shout in a few comps, already in one final, lets not be asking for the managers head, im sure the employment of him is a long term statergy by Mr Levy.
i agree. hes still got to get another at least 3 players in for it to be a side he actually wants. hes inherited some really bad footballers....give the man a few players who he actually wants for his system and then judge him

I just want to know if levy has told jose the priority is a cup or top 4? You'd think top 4 for financial reasons. But then again the theory is levy got jose in to get a trophy hmmm
I’d bet both my bollocks on Levy caring about one thing, and one thing alone, Top 4. He follows the money.

Without opening the perennial discussion, if he did car about trophies, you’d have to agree he’s a fucking rubbish Chairman.

Well he’s not wrong, some of our players are incredibly limited. But nobody forced him to play Davinson, Winks and Sissoko tonight.

If the players don’t have enough skill then they shouldn’t be out there.
He’s managing the squad. If he plays the same players game in game out they will get injured. The other issue is, you don’t keep players in today’s game on the bench for the whole season and not use them at all. That’s how poisonous dressing rooms start.

But as you say, they should be out, and they are being taken out a window at a time.

Patience.

Problem for me is I don't enjoy watching us play when we win, let alone when we see the same old movie over and over as we did last night. Infuriating, dull and losing interest.

If the Stadium was open and I had paid £65 to watch that last night I would be fuming.
It would be worth the entry fee just so the fans could make their feelings known

I’d bet both my bollocks on Levy caring about one thing, and one thing alone, Top 4. He follows the money.

Without opening the perennial discussion, if he did car about trophies, you’d have to agree he’s a fucking rubbish Chairman.
The stadium was all important until it was delivered - now is the time we can start to demand real on the field success

Back
Top Bottom