Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The chance at the end was such a monumental fuck up from some very basic standpoints. It was our “get out of jail free” card, and a really easy chance to convert. But all our forwards managed to be offside. Hold your basic discipline and we score. Absolute shambles. That’s players not coaching. But the overall 2nd half performance has culpability with both.

Because he’s getting it wrong and subbing on and off the wrong players is my guess.

That doesn’t mean than Son not taking his chances is due to tactics though
Not interested in whether son takes his chances or not. Not the conversation we are having.

The conversation is: why isn't an experienced, 15 million pound a year premier League manager making changes that is 'plebs' can see need making.

You reply: he got it wrong...I'm sorry but he got it wrong doesn't cut it at 15 mill a year and with his experience so what is his psyche up to?

The chance at the end was such a monumental fuck up from some very basic standpoints. It was our “get out of jail free” card, and a really easy chance to convert. But all our forwards managed to be offside. Hold your basic discipline and we score. Absolute shambles. That’s players not coaching. But the overall 2nd half performance has culpability with both.
The general consensus is that if a player strays offside, it means the tactics were wrong and we didn’t go forward

Well you should be because it’s the difference between you sitting here moaning and you sitting here celebrating a 4-1 win
You've missed the point either deliberately.
I don't care about the chances son misses when we are discussing mourinhos tactics so , again, I'll ask: why doesn't a 15 million a year coach with his experience know when the game is slipping away?

And serious question, when we miss clear cut chances, do you scream “ffs Son/Harry/Bergwijn” etc etc

Or do you scream “make a sub!!!!”

I don't scream ffs anyone unless its bad mistake that costs us a goal. aurier springs to mind against Leicester. The best players can frustrate us when they should do better. No moment yesterday where Kane or son did anything wrong. Chances can be missed.

It was José i was screaming at yesterday to make changes from half time yesterday throughout most of the half.

The only player to shine was Reggie. More players with motivation please.
Sissoko cannot go forward, Winks doesn't, Ndombelly lasts 80 mins .
Surely anyone can see that we need an athletic and talented midfielder.
I agree. We need a point guard type to drive forward. Currently, it's either a long hoof or an agonizingly slow build up with no end product.

I don't scream ffs anyone unless its bad mistake that costs us a goal. aurier springs to mind against Leicester. The best players can frustrate us when they should do better. No moment yesterday where Kane or son did anything wrong. Chances can be missed.

It was José i was screaming at yesterday to make changes from half time yesterday throughout most of the half.

From what I see on this forum, if Jose hooks someone, he gets sh*t on. If he doesn’t hook someone, he gets sh*t on. Subs early, he’s unreasonable towards that player and not giving the player enough time on the pitch. Subs too late, it’s his fault, he should have subbed the player sooner.

I think we are truly a few players away from a good challenging team.

Our CB options are still really poor for a top challenging side. Midfield wise, we have Sissoko, Winks, PEH to choose from.

Creative midfielder, we have Tanguy that is just now getting to fitness to last the entire game. His contributions are excellent but still not consistent throughout the 90 mins.

Our main front two have been less clinical compared to earlier in the season. Our others have been contributing but not at the level we need them to when it comes to scoring. We’ve had enough chances to put games away.

You've missed the point either deliberately.
I don't care about the chances son misses when we are discussing mourinhos tactics so , again, I'll ask: why doesn't a 15 million a year coach with his experience know when the game is slipping away?
You can’t separate Sons misses.
If Son scores a hat trick then you aren’t here moaning about tactics.

Jose is being stubborn. Time will tell if it’s a mistake or not in the long run, by the end of the season.
He’s on 15M a year because his ways have won 23 major titles.....so while you may feel he doesn’t know what he’s doing, his CV tells a different story.

Why is he getting it wrong? Why is Klopp getting it wrong? Why was Pep 14th in November? Why hasn’t Bielsa ever managed a big club? Why hasn’t Poch won anything?
Why is Ole top? How has Arteta got a trophy to his name?

Get back to me yeah

The best players miss chances. Him and Kane have bailed us out time and again this season. Are they expected to do it every single game? Unless your Messi/Ronaldo level that won't happen.
They do but strikers are normally the difference between a top team and the rest. Average teams play well but convert less chances than say Son & Kane. They give us a huge advantage but do need others to chip in. With Sissoko as the 3rd attacker Fulham could concentrate in stopping Son & Kane and know if they could do that we were unlikely to score from other players. They were not that successful as both Son & Kane had enough chances to win this game but as you say they have bailed us out more than enough this season and have every right to expect others to chip in. I hope Mourinho has learned his lesson and never starts 3 holding players again.

You can’t separate Sons misses.
If Son scores a hat trick then you aren’t here moaning about tactics.

Jose is being stubborn. Time will tell if it’s a mistake or not in the long run, by the end of the season.
He’s on 15M a year because his ways have won 23 major titles.....so while you may feel he doesn’t know what he’s doing, his CV tells a different story.

Why is he getting it wrong? Why is Klopp getting it wrong? Why was Pep 14th in November? Why hasn’t Bielsa ever managed a big club? Why hasn’t Poch won anything?
Why is Ole top? How has Arteta got a trophy to his name?

Get back to me yeah
Sometimes it's the players fault...individual errors etc but I can't comment on klopp or pep etc as you ask as I don't follow them.

If son scored 3, but the rest of the game remains as it did, then I and we have every right to moan about tactics as the game was poor BUT HE DIDN'T so your argument is a moot point.

Yet again, Jose's tactics and match approach were poor and we can all see it so why doesn't he...you follow spurs, you're knowledgeable, answer the question as to why he thinks a one nil and sit back and defend is a valid tactic any more? It's been proven (apart from a couple of examples) to be horseshit, transparent, easily countered tactics that have led to us dropping many points. Answer the question or are you too much of a Jose fanboy to be able to be objective....your reticence to answer and just throw poor counter arguments back at me reeks of evasive tactics because you couldn't possibly be wrong could you? And, more to the point, the mighty poster that is Sammy could never, ever admit to being wrong for fear of self emasculation....

If son scored 3, but the rest of the game remains as it did, then I and we have every right to moan about tactics as the game was poor BUT HE DIDN'T so your argument is a moot point.
It’s not a moot point because the tactics didn’t make him squander numerous opportunities to win the game.

What, 4 clear cut chances aren’t enough for one player? We need tactics that create 10 for Son?

Or maybe be just let me know if you logic is “if Son misses a chance then that means we didn’t create a chance” so we can stop talking.

Answer the question or are you too much of a Jose fanboy to be able to be objective
I’ve already said he got subs wrong. You said that wasn’t a good enough answer.
It’s not for you to decided what I think he’s doing well and what he’s doing wrong.

I don’t have a problem with our tactics....I have a problem with our forwards constantly ruining chances to kill games off.

Your logic is nonsensical. Almost as if had Jose brought on all the subs you wanted and changed to your favoured formation but Son STILL missed those 4 chances, you’d be ok with 1-1.

I wouldn’t, I’d still be blaming the missed chances.
But for you you seem to feel that Son will score or miss the exact same chances depending on the formation. Laughable:

It’s not for you to decided what I think he’s doing well and what he’s doing wrong.

I don’t have a problem with our tactics....I have a problem with our forwards constantly ruining chances to kill games off.

Your logic is nonsensical. Almost as if had Jose brought on all the subs you wanted and changed to your favoured formation but Son STILL missed those 4 chances, you’d be ok with 1-1.

But for you you seem to feel that Son will score or miss the exact same chances depending on the formation. Laughable:
No you're the laughable one with your poorly constructed arguments. His tactics and subs are mostly poor and how can you support a 15 million a year manager who makes errors we can all see as we watch the game... You spend longer procrastinating than putting forward your pov and seem unable to even contemplate that you're wrong about Jose. .

Ps stop banging on about sons chances....decent tactics and subs mean you don't have to worry about those things because you play more offensively against one of the 3 shittest teams in the league at home.... Stop defending his poor decisions.

Back
Top Bottom