Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The problem I have now with Jose is that we are just not improving, we are still the same old Spursy Spurs. The recent succession of lost points and particularly the West Ham game and last night, the Fulham game, clearly demonstrates that whatever Jose is doing, it simply is not working.
He is taking £15 million quid from our club to make a significant difference and it just isn’t happening.
Said it in the match thread ... we have to be the least intelligent cunts in the league

it’s staggering to watch it unfold again and again

Our club is not prepared for the next era (after Kane/Son) . No way to spend 200M as Chelsea but i doubt we will find some true wonderkids as Dortmund / Leipzig / Leicester and others clubs.

The season after we won our last trophy went well didn’t it!!

Good old Juande!! We still sing about him all the time.
That was the season we sold Berbatov on deadline day and got the booby prize of Frazer Campbell on loan, wasn't it?

I expect there were a few on here at the time arguing that we got the better deal

Hitchen gets a lot of stick but players like Grealish and Bruno Fernandes were recommended and the only reason we didn’t sign them is Levy. If Levy doesn’t want to spend the money then you can’t blame the scouting department.
Great-post.jpg

This is definitely a better squad.

Maybe not a better flat starting 11 - but a better squad in my opinion
I agree. The difference is that 2016-2018 we had a better manager.

Maybe not a more decorated manager, but a manager much more able to elevate players above their natural talent and nurture a team on a restricted budget

I'm Jose needs to change back to what we was doing up to the 82nd minute of the west ham game. 433 be ruthless then go defensive when we're under pressure and play on the counter.
Seems like what we been doing - with a lot of mixed finishing denying us the kind of results we had in the beginning of the season.

As for the attack then defend when we are under pressure bit, again, this is what we are seeing. What most seem to not appreciate is that we only went and brought in some tough bastards into the squad - last transfer window. So there are still players within the squad who lack the mental bit to see themselves over the line.

You can say Kane has it in abundance, so does Loris to a lesser extent, and Son seems to be learning.

Seriously, other than that, I am struggling to think of anyone else in the team that will not wilt under the slightest pressure. We lost 10 points to the issue. It is not tactics. It is mentality. Few inches here and there are costing us points IMO. That will continue to be addressed until we get it right, via training or through subsequent transfer windows.

Just my humble opinion anyway.

I just want to know if levy has told jose the priority is a cup or top 4? You'd think top 4 for financial reasons. But then again the theory is levy got jose in to get a trophy hmmm
In the current crisis I don't think the financial carrot of Champions League football is as juicy or lucrative as in normal times.

So I would imagine Levy would like a trophy or 2 to address his record as our most unsuccessful chairman since the war in terms of silverware

I agree. The difference is that 2016-2018 we had a better manager.

Maybe not a more decorated manager, but a manager much more able to elevate players above their natural talent and nurture a team on a restricted budget
So you mean to tell me you have seen absolutely no improvement in this team for you to write this? How can you compare a manager having us at the top of the league for 23 days to a top 4 at best manager?

We are not the finished article and yet we were in the mix for a decent amount of the season. That is progress on any book.

Seems like what we been doing - with a lot of mixed finishing denying us the kind of results we had in the beginning of the season.

As for the attack then defend when we are under pressure bit, again, this is what we are seeing. What most seem to not appreciate is that we only went and brought in some tough bastards into the squad - last transfer window. So there are still players within the squad who lack the mental bit to see themselves over the line.

You can say Kane has it in abundance, so does Loris to a lesser extent, and Son seems to be learning.

Seriously, other than that, I am struggling to think of anyone else in the team that will not wilt under the slightest pressure. We lost 10 points to the issue. It is not tactics. It is mentality. Few inches here and there are costing us points IMO. That will continue to be addressed until we get it right, via training or through subsequent transfer windows.

Just my humble opinion anyway.
I believe we have gone to defensive since that west ham game. I feel like they've been shackled a lot more since that game than before it. The leeds result aside we are rarely scoring more than one and I believe that to be because of what's being drilled into them. We know Jose loves clean sheets but the strengths of this side are more on the attacking side than defensive. We don't have Terry and Carvalho at the back with makelele and essien in front of them.

Back
Top Bottom