Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The bit of respect i was gaining for wright was thrown straight out the window when i seen that. Would the prick have done it if it was the dippers liverpool were playing? Not a hope bbc wouldnt have allowed it and the cult that is dipper fc would have caused uproar
In fairness, I noticed the hat and just assumed he'd rocked up without one and/or joined in with the fundraising that they were doing. Weren't they selling hats and scarves?

Don't think there was any maliciousness imo

In fairness, I noticed the hat and just assumed he'd rocked up without one and/or joined in with the fundraising that they were doing. Weren't they selling hats and scarves?

Don't think there was any maliciousness imo
Im all for the fundraising and a bit of craic but if it was a spurs ex player with it on playing Woolwich would it be allowed??
We'll never know i suppose because we never have spurs pundits on

Im all for the fundraising and a bit of craic but if it was a spurs ex player with it on playing Woolwich would it be allowed??
We'll never know i suppose because we never have spurs pundits on
Of all current and past Gooners Ian Wright is actually not the worst. He actually gives us (although reluctantly) cred when we deserve it.

Of all current and past Gooners Ian Wright is actually not the worst. He actually gives us (although reluctantly) cred when we deserve it.

Maybe he realises tribalism is pathetic and that you can actually be complimentary towards a team whilst also maintaining that dislike and banter when we are shit.

Never had problems with Wright

Wright was still playing Sunday league football at 21. He is one of us made good. My older brother knew him when he was at palarse, and by all accounts in person he is exactly what we see on screen.

Could be quite nasty as a player, but Ive got a lot of time for him.

Maybe he realises tribalism is pathetic and that you can actually be complimentary towards a team whilst also maintaining that dislike and banter when we are shit.

Maybe you're too young to see him play for them?
To make it clear, I had a problem with him when he was playing. He was very good indeed, hated Spurs and was quite a nasty character on field. Ian Wank was one name he was given.
The turnaround is quite remarkable.

Maybe you're too young to see him play for them?
To make it clear, I had a problem with him when he was playing. He was very good indeed, hated Spurs and was quite a nasty character on field. Ian Wank was one name he was given.
The turnaround is quite remarkable.
I watched him loads and just like Gooners Hate Harry Kane I hated Wright deep inside I as jealous as fuck, whilst Docherty blundered about up front for us. . They'd are exactly what they are supposed to be top class tough centre forwards and both of them are ordinary men that had nothing given them.

Agree with the sentiments about Ian Wright being a decent bloke, disagree with your assertion on tribalism, without getting into it too much and disrupting this entire thread tribalism is still an intrinsic part of the fabric of the human condition, it's born out of evolutionary necessity.
And despite a few pseudo intellectuals claiming its defunct it really isn't.

I'm not saying go out and kick the shit out a gooner because tribalism or anything like that.

But your assertion is wrong.

Agree with the sentiments about Ian Wright being a decent bloke, disagree with your assertion on tribalism, without getting into it too much and disrupting this entire thread tribalism is still an intrinsic part of the fabric of the human condition, it's born out of evolutionary necessity.
And despite a few pseudo intellectuals claiming its defunct it really isn't.

I'm not saying go out and kick the shit out a gooner because tribalism or anything like that.

But your assertion is wrong.

Tribalism in the sense that you should HATE someone because of the team they support or played for is pathetic. Was what I was getting at.

And I stand by it.

Tribalism in the sense that you should HATE someone because of the team they support or played for is pathetic. Was what I was getting at.

And I stand by it.
And you should. There's also nothing pseudo about evolutionary biologist who believe it is over stated. Evolutionary imperatives can by there very nature become recessive like vestigial tails. That's what evolution is. All kinds of of comptitionary behaviours become less useful and get filtered. People sitting around on computers talking in such fixed terms is actually deeply ironic 😒

Dippers could only score one goal in the last 4 matches. (shout-outs to some Spurs/Mou haters in here, nice non stop attacking football btw, really efficient)

11 days until we face them. Jose will have enough time to prepare us for this game.
Looking forward to it!

COYS

:mourear:

Wright was still playing Sunday league football at 21. He is one of us made good. My older brother knew him when he was at palarse, and by all accounts in person he is exactly what we see on screen.

Could be quite nasty as a player, but Ive got a lot of time for him.
My brother played with him at westham. Really decent guy, had plenty of time for the youth team which was unusual for seasoned pros.

Back
Top Bottom