Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think he was a problem until Fulham scored, once that happened, Sissoko became useless because he unlikely to score or create anything.

In a tied or losing match, Sissoko shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch past the 70th minute.

There were plenty of times in that first half where the ball came to him and there was just nothing there. He's an attacking option ffs.

He should have been taken off at HT for one of Lucas, Lamela, Bale, Vinicius or Dele in my opinion.

And he wasnt. I was even more amazed that Winks was taken off ahead of him!

There were plenty of times in that first half where the ball came to him and there was just nothing there. He's an attacking option ffs.

He should have been taken off at HT for one of Lucas, Lamela, Bale, Vinicius or Dele in my opinion.

And he wasnt. I was even more amazed that Winks was taken off ahead of him!
It's a message from José for Levy : "Hé look Sissoko is more useful than Bale or Moura" :mourpointlaugh: :levywtf:

Despite his limitations he has the legs and lungs to work hard for the team for 90 minutes ( 🤔 ). Also the most physical midfielder we have after Hojbjerg.

Finished 90 mins in 11 League games. Jose is clearly aware of his limitations, but he is also a senior, very professional player (Amazon documentary). I'd rather he wasn't in the side and we upgraded him, but he never hides and works his socks off. Can't fault his attitude.

Despite his limitations he has the legs and lungs to work hard for the team for 90 minutes ( 🤔 ). Also the most physical midfielder we have after Hojbjerg.

Finished 90 mins in 11 League games. Jose is clearly aware of his limitations, but he is also a senior, very professional player (Amazon documentary). I'd rather he wasn't in the side and we upgraded him, but he never hides and works his socks off. Can't fault his attitude.
He hides all the time. Rarely does he show for a pass and he can’t wait to get rid of the ball when he gets it.

But yes, he’s fit and he runs a lot and does help take the pressure off the defence at times.

By hiding I mean standing up to be counted, nothing about passing really.

I don't rate him, but looking at the squad available I understand completely why he's in the side more often than not.

Can see him being kept around and playing less when we hopefully sign another midfielder. Wouldn't bother me tbh, the players all seem to really like him.

That’s when we can’t keep possession and keep giving the balk back to Liverpool ? I really don’t see his benefit in CM as he never tackles or presses and is liable to give away cheap free kicks. As for being available to pass to forget it. His never gonna help us keep possesion.

theres been many games against the better sides over the years where he was the most important player on the pitch for us as he stops us getting overrun in midfield. if he was decent on the ball hed be at real madrid..but hes pony so hes at spurs and we have to use him for his strengths. waste of time him playing against inferior sides as youll never dominate a team with him in the lineup. hopefully moruinho has turned a corner today.

theres been many games against the better sides over the years where he was the most important player on the pitch for us as he stops us getting overrun in midfield. if he was decent on the ball hed be at real madrid..but hes pony so hes at spurs and we have to use him for his strengths. waste of time him playing against inferior sides as youll never dominate a team with him in the lineup. hopefully moruinho has turned a corner today.

What game was he ever the most important player for us?

I can't think of one let alone many.

What game was he ever the most important player for us?

I can't think of one let alone many.
ajax first leg when he was forced on thanks to vertonghen injury..thats off the top of my head but hes been a key player in lots of big games for us just due to his presence in midfield when we havent got the ball

that isnt exactly for his guile on the ball, he was immense for us that year in providing us power in the midfield and not having us be walked through

Last edited:
ajax first leg when he was forced on thanks to vertonghen injury..thats off the top of my head but hes been a key player in lots of big games for us just due to his presence in midfield when we havent got the ball

But his presence does nothing for us. He is not good defensively, not good with the ball, doesn't mark guys on set pieces, isn't good at running with the ball unless there is nobody in front of him which you or I could do.

against teams of equal/superior talent, he's needed.

Why?

This is such a myth that seems to have no basis in reality or reason but is repeated enough that people start to believe that it is true.

Why against a team like Liverpool where we struggle as it is to create chances and maintain control do we want Sissoko in there limiting us even more? Why do we want his mistakes on the ball that are likely to happen closer to our net and punished more by a quality team like Liverpool to be more likely to hurt us? Why do we want him out there when he provides us nothing defensively and is a liability when TAA and Robertson are putting balls into our box on crosses and set pieces?

But his presence does nothing for us. He is not good defensively, not good with the ball, doesn't mark guys on set pieces, isn't good at running with the ball unless there is nobody in front of him which you or I could do.
his presence does everything for us thats why we dont get overrun in midfield against the better sides. hes poor technically but you dont see many skip round him and he wins most duals, not to mention the ground he covers, hed be a nightmare to face up against as a footballer. yea hes shit with the ball at his feet, which is why hes detrimental against inferior sides and should never be playing against them unless we are struggling with injuries.

he also doesnt go trying shit hes not capable of, hes happy to win us the ball and give it to someone who can actually use it..you need them dogs in your side sometimes against the better teams.

his presence does everything for us thats why we dont get overrun in midfield against the better sides. hes poor technically but you dont see many skip round him and he wins most duals, not to mention the ground he covers, hed be a nightmare to face up against as a footballer. yea hes shit with the ball at his feet, which is why hes detrimental against inferior sides and should never be playing against them unless we are struggling with injuries.

he also doesnt go trying shit hes not capable of, hes happy to win us the ball and give it to someone who can actually use it..you need them dogs in your side sometimes against the better teams.

We get run over in MF all the time, what the hell are you talking about?

The ground he covers? Just running back and forth doing nothing isn't impressive or helpful.

He would be a dream to play against, weak as hell despite his size, easy to take the ball off of, no threat at all attacking so you can leave him wide open, scared to receive a pass so again you can leave him open when defending, weak as can be on set pieces.

If I were the opposition I would hope every game we played Spurs that Sissoko was in the side because it limits what we can do when he is in the side and as an individual he is super limited in what he can do. Its why there is no comparable player in any other quality side.

Back
Top Bottom