Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, this summer is the only window to make him full HG, as the winter he would be 21 just14 months (max) from Jan 1st 2022 to his 21st birthday on the 21/03/2023.

age of 15 (or the start of the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21),

I think next winter is probably fine as the bit in red takes the deadline to end summer 2023 (I assume 30 June 2023).

Probably half the team enthusiastically on social media !

This kind of shit is so essential to building a club identity and a sense of belonging. A million Ndombeles and KDBs isn't the same as one Harry Kane in that regard.

Imagine Scarlett becomes Kane 2.0

The future is really looking bright for us
Most players who've gone out on loan are having success from hit and our youth teams seem to be doing really well this season

REALLY looking forward to pre season in the summer where we can see some of these players feature

and you never know some of them may solve problems which we have in the squad.

I hear Muir is off to AZ?

Yes shame as he's a decent option as a CB. But I can understand why he's making that decision looking at the competition he has who are a year or three older than him :

Japhet Tanganga - on fringes of first team
TJ Eyoma (CB/RB) - On loan at Lincoln, WC u17 winner, looked good in pre-season 2018 before Poch train, no play' and injuries stalled his development. Will need to see in pre-season if he has returned to 2018 form
Okedina (CB/RB) - Has improved a lot in last 12 months, on first team bench in pre-season game. Now on loan at Cambridge United
Walcott (CB) - Looked excellent before injury. Short cameo v Leipzig last season
Lavinier (CB/RB) - Brought in on one year deal, former E u17, E u18 stalled at Chelsea due to emergence of James and Lamptney
Ferguson (CB/RB) - Brought in on one year deal, but almost immediately injured

There's also some decent CB's younger than Muir

CB is probably the position with most decent prospects coming though. Difficult to understand how many of the above are good enough for PL and how many will be here in 12 months, but no wonder Muir is wondering whether there are easier paths.

Clarke came on after 74 minutes for Stoke last night in a 3-3 draw, following on from previous match a few days ago when he came on after 61 minutes.

Hope he gets a few starts, otherwise he's not going to have got much playing time from this loan

Clarke came on after 74 minutes for Stoke last night in a 3-3 draw, following on from previous match a few days ago when he came on after 61 minutes.

Hope he gets a few starts, otherwise he's not going to have got much playing time from this loan
When I looked at the formation Stoke used from the the start it was 352 (on score app) so that won't help him if that is how they usually line up.

With Spurs u18 match v Wham postponed, Spurs youth next match is Spurs u 23 v Wham next Friday 24rd January. So thought its worth looking at the size of u23 squad :

Squad who played Brighton today : Oluwayemi, Lavinier, Markanday (Fagan-Walcott 83), Marsh, Lyons-Foster (c), Omole, Pochettino (Bowden 71), John, Etete, Thorpe (Scarlett 63), Sterling. Substitute (not used): Kurylowicz. (total 15)

On Loan : Eyoma, Okedina, Skipp Parrott, Tracey, Clarke (Total 6)

Training with First Team : Austin, Whiteman, White, (Total 3)

Others : De Bie, Cirkin, Skinner, Ferguson (injured), Pedder, Roles, Cooper, Bennett, Richards, Mukedini, Asante (Total 11)

So a full X1 who Spurs u23's could supplement today's match squad with - and that ignore a few from Academy Year 2 such as Lusala who probably deserves to step up to u23;s and Devine from Academy Year 1.

Spurs u23's play Wham u23's at 4 pm on Friday

I've listed the u23 player options on the post above, not that Devine still banned after his u23 match v Chelsea and Drinkwater.

Back
Top Bottom