Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When did “I don’t like your tone” become cunt off vernacular on here? The fuck has happened to this place?

You’ll be lightly slapping one another’s cheeks with lace gloves next.

What gets me is a manager like Solskjaer, a novice and clearly a fairly limited manager is outperforming us with a squad that is certainly no better than ours. You can also add a bog standard journeyman like Moyes with a squad conciderably worse. We really need a good winning run as the top 4 (bar Liverpool) seem to be on a roll and could leave us behind.

Yes but not Klopp or Pep. Thats upto City and Liverpool fans to question. My point is Solakjaer is outperforming us. Why?
Ah, so you are allowed to shoehorn OGS into this but we aren’t allowed to do the same with Klopp or Pep? Not suit your agenda?

We battered them and were above them in the league a couple of weeks ago. Were you on here saying it was a great job by Mourinho to get us there?

Ah, so you are allowed to shoehorn OGS into this but we aren’t allowed to do the same with Klopp or Pep? Not suit your agenda?

We battered them and were above them in the league a couple of weeks ago. Were you on here saying it was a great job by Mourinho to get us there?
I was comparing us to United and our respective managers this season, no agenda. I was delighted with the performance at United and was excited as anyone as thought our approach was changing but it has slipped back since then.

I was comparing us to United and our respective managers this season, no agenda. I was delighted with the performance at United and was excited as anyone as thought our approach was changing but it has slipped back since then.
But you are comparing what has happened in the last fortnight or so. We are just at half way. Man Utd are doing well and yes it’s annoying they are above us, but it’s extreme knee jerking to be upset because they are a few points ahead of us at this stage.

We’ve had a few dodgy results but let’s see where we are at the end of the season, or at least wait until we are the usual 20 odd points off top before having a go at the manager or the players.

What were your expectations at the start of the season? Did you expect us to be this close to the top? I certainly didn’t.

Well they didnt sign anyone first January so in reality 1 extra window. Fair point on spend but that is no marker of quality as outlined by the 2 players you listed. Our squad is at least as good as theirs.
But he still had the opportunity in that one window to move players on & true with the money but whatever player OGS wants they can get they have the money, we have backed Jose but within our budget

Just remember where we were when Mourinho took us over, if anything the fact we get judged by trophies and not wins, as all us Spurs fans have heard over the years "wheres the trophies" from utter idiots, Mourinho has done more since being here than OGS, he's got us to a final

But you are comparing what has happened in the last fortnight or so. We are just at half way. Man Utd are doing well and yes it’s annoying they are above us, but it’s extreme knee jerking to be upset because they are a few points ahead of us at this stage.

We’ve had a few dodgy results but let’s see where we are at the end of the season, or at least wait until we are the usual 20 odd points off top before having a go at the manager or the players.

What were your expectations at the start of the season? Did you expect us to be this close to the top? I certainly didn’t.
Half way point, decent time to take stock but of course things can change. I hope my doubts are proved wrong but we look more unconvincing than quite a few other sides and have done for a couple of months. After the window shut I expected us to finish top 4 without any doubt and be able to put in a title challenge for a decent chunk of the season, although didnt expect to win it.

I think with the approach changing thats down to the players

Mourinho coaches players how to handle certain situations, at the start we were blowing teams away, then we lost a 3 goal advantage to Wet Spam and since then the players drop so deep at times

Half way point, decent time to take stock but of course things can change. I hope my doubts are proved wrong but we look more unconvincing than quite a few other sides and have done for a couple of months. After the window shut I expected us to finish top 4 without any doubt and be able to put in a title challenge for a decent chunk of the season, although didnt expect to win it.
Quite high expectations, considering last season and trying to integrate so many new players, as well as previously signed ones who had hardly played, like Tanguy.

However, even taking those high expectations into account, we are still looking good for top four and are a lot closer to the top of the table than usual, so things are working out like you expected. Not sure why there’s any negativity unless it’s due to style of play. Even then, surely people can see what we are trying to do by building from the back and playing on the counter.

Quite high expectations, considering last season and trying to integrate so many new players, as well as previously signed ones who had hardly played, like Tanguy.

However, even taking those high expectations into account, we are still looking good for top four and are a lot closer to the top of the table than usual, so things are working out like you expected. Not sure why there’s any negativity unless it’s due to style of play. Even then, surely people can see what we are trying to do by building from the back and playing on the counter.
High expectations as i rate our squad. I dont see many better keepers, central midfield partnerships better than Hojbjerg and Ndombele or strikers better than Kane and Son. A lot of my doubts are to do with the style of play and that we look less of a coherent unit than the likes of Leicester and United and i dont think we should.

Back
Top Bottom