The Rise in Influence of Fan TV

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've just seen on Twitter that Rory Jennings of "the Kick off" fame has now got a gig writing for the Mail Online. He's also on TalkSport 2 apparently a regular amount.

Now as well as being a complete C*nt this guy fucking hates us. Not only that but doesn't even hide his hatred of us or extend us even a modicum of respect. "Tottenham are Fucking Shit, Tottenham are bottlers, Tottenham's history dictates they'll win nothing forever more"

now firstly on the stupidity of his argument that past failures means a team can't be successful in the future is pretty ironic considering his own Chelsea had gone 50 years without a league title before Roman's $$$ came along - moron.

That aside, he has his views doesn't like us, no problem, I fucking hate his club too. My more pressing concern is fan channel personalities breaking into mainstream media is pretty dangerous. We know all pundits have their own teams - Neville/Rio - United, Souness/Carragher - Liverpool, Hoddle Spurs, Ian Wright Aresnal etc etc

No problem with this, these pundits when speaking about us or other rival teams do so with relative objectivity and respect. we know that Ina Wright wants Woolwich to beat us but it won't stop him pointing out beautiful Spurs passages of play etc.

Robbie Lyle, in fairness does seem a nice guy and does talk about us/United with respect *prob a hat tip to his relatively savvy tv brain, he wants to make this his life - start with respect and let the clowns be the circus.

however guys like Rory Jennings and Troopz etc have no restraint when talking about opponents us in particular and these twats getting a national platform is dangerous cause there's no censor or watchdog to tell them "you can't and shouldn't say that"

how long will it before before Troopz is the host of Match of the Dubz and his opening gambit is "Fuck Tottenham, Y'understand FAM"

I dunno, it's sad to see.

Last edited:
I've just seen on Twitter that Rory Jennings of "the Kick off" fame has now got a gig writing for the Mail Online. He's also on TalkSport 2 apparently a regular amount.

Now as well as being a complete C*nt this guy fucking hates us. Not only that but doesn't even hide his hatred of us or extend us even a modicum of respect. "Tottenham are Fucking Shit, Tottenham are bottlers, Tottenham's history dictates they'll win nothing forever more"

now firstly on the stupidity of his argument that past failures means a team can't be successful in the future is pretty ironic considering his own Chelsea had gone 50 years without a league title before Roman's $$$ came along - moron.

That aside, he has his views doesn't like us, no problem, I fucking hate his club too. My more pressing concern is fan channel personalities breaking into mainstream media is pretty dangerous. We know all pundits have their own teams - Neville/Rio - United, Souness/Carragher - Liverpool, Hoddle Spurs, Ian Wright Aresnal etc etc

No problem with this, these pundits when speaking about us or other rival teams do so with relative objectivity and respect. we know that Ina Wright wants Woolwich to beat us but it won't stop him pointing out beautiful Spurs passages of play etc.

Robbie Lyle, in fairness does seem a nice guy and does talk about us/United with respect *prob a hat tip to his relatively savvy tv brain, he wants to make this his life - start with respect and let the clowns be the circus.

however guys like Rory Jennings and Troopz etc have no restraint when talking about opponents us in particular and these twats getting a national platform is dangerous cause there's no censor or watchdog to tell them "you can't and shouldn't say that"

how long will it before before Troopz is the host of Match of the Dubz and his opening gambit is "Fuck Tottenham, Y'understand FAM"

No idea who he is.

Last edited:
He's a 4' 2" public school boy with Girls hair..

The day I worry about being hated by such a wanky little prick, will be the day I jack it all in.

See it's not that I give a fuck what he thinks it's that he's getting a platform on national radio and now a national newspaper to spout his shit and put us down.

you can say that doesn't matter and who cares but it does matter. The more people like Durham etc to stick the knife in the more it becomes part of the narrative, the national conversation. Young footballers see us as a less attractive proposition. etc etc

He's a 4' 2" public school boy with Girls hair..

The day I worry about being hated by such a wanky little prick, will be the day I jack it all in.
Schitts Creek Thank You GIF by CBC

When I first saw one of his videos I knew I recognised his face

Came back to me later that he was in an episode of dr who once

See it's not that I give a fuck what he thinks it's that he's getting a platform on national radio and now a national newspaper to spout his shit and put us down.

you can say that doesn't matter and who cares but it does matter. The more people like Durham etc to stick the knife in the more it becomes part of the narrative, the national conversation. Young footballers see us as a less attractive proposition. etc etc
But to me, it shows how much we get up other fans noses. It means we are relevant and at the forefront of their every thought..

We are the most relevant club in the league..

Woolwich's biggest game = v Spurs
Chelsea's biggest gane = v Spurs
West ham's biggest game = v Spurs
Leicesters biggest game = v Spurs

Woolwich, Chelsea and West ham all claim we are their closest rival.

Being hated makes it all worth while as far as I am concerned.

All you have sadly identified is a wider problem that is way bigger than football and incredibly dangerous. We have seen the bleed over from social media driven personalities without any kind of balance to their passionately held belifes utterly souring public discourse on any number of subjects. They have zero balance and are fanatics in the truest most dangerous use of the word. The characters you identify are charting a course mapped out by the likes of Kate Hopkins. It always ends well....

There should be though. It's one thing to spout bile about other clubs when it's on your own fan channel. But in the mainstream media that isn't going to work. We know Gary Neville despises everything about Liverpool but you wouldn't know it watching him on Sky.

The press have standards/watchdogs etc to conform to. Fan channels don't so i don't really see why the opinions of people on them should have any credibility outside of their own medium. If you want to engage with the wider footballing world then you should be held to the same standards as the rest of the media which would mean the likes of Troopz would disappear back to YouTube rapidly.

Back
Top Bottom