Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He still needs to distill the right mentality. He couldn’t do it at PSG so unsure if he could do it at the chavz.
Probably not dealing with the same level of ego to be fair. Most of their players are young, hard working and willing to take direction. Not saying he'll definitely win them titles but he's a good coach and they have good players, should be strongly in contention for top 4.

All Franks mates in the media will cry foul but let's be honest! he's been shite and there were no signs he was gonna turn it around. People will dig out Chelsea for changes managers so frequently but it works for them are they the most successful team since 2000?

anyway, Shame about Tuchel, especially considering he's always said how much he likes us and supports us.
I think Chavs unique approach to sacking their managers so frequently has worked for them 10yrs ago but not today.

You've only got to look at how they've struggled since fluking their way to a CL win:

Since Abramovich bought them in '03: CL Semi-Final '04, CL Semi-Final '05, CL R16 '06, CL Semi-Final '07, CL Runners Up '08, CL Semi-Final '09, CL R16 '10, CL Quarter-Final '11, CL Winners '12.

Post win: CL Group Stage '13, CL Semi-Final 14, CL R16 '15, CL R16 '16, CL N/A 17, CL R16 '18, CL N/A '19, CL R16 '20. In other words, apart from 2014 was the only time they have won a game in the knock out stages!!!

IMO they are a shadow of the side they were a decade ago, still a heavily invested squad that will and dose reflect this within their league positions and deep domestic cup runs. But the culture that exists at the club that allows players and other senior figures at the club to hide and point fingers after a couple of losses. They fold regularly now when the pressure is on, there is no fight, they'd rather down tools. What once was a unique brutal culture, that saw the changing of managers to keep the pressure and intensity on the players, it's now the players and the Chief Exec and her palls exerting the pressure on the manager.

Honestly would know how to judge Lampard's ability as a manager, when I've heard him talk he seems to articulate well both as a pundit and manager, he's fallen the same way as all his predecessors (most of whom were significant;y more experienced). Almost certainly I think it was too early for him, a manager/coach needs to define his methods across thousands of training sessions to be sure he can convince players to stick with his chosen philosophy.

But the good news is the error isn't Lampard's, it's the Club (The Board). They choose him, they didn't back him, his salary was only £4m, which for a top 4 club is way down at this level and the splashing the cash wasn't supposed to be his players!! So, the culture and the board that make up this approach are all still intact. They are significantly invested in, which means they will still be sniffing around the top four and what that brings in terms of domestic shiny stuff but every year they erode what was a winning style of management to one that has them a long way off what they once were.

As for Tuchel, he'll go the same way as all the others. I think he's a very good manager but absolutely not a man that's a good culture fit with the Club.

Not convinced by Tuchel. Didn't have much success with Dortmund despite inheriting klopps team. And PSG are no barometer to use when measuring a manager's success. Even Poch can win a trophy there 🤔

He's basically our Ardiles (and to a lesser extent Hoddle whilst mamanager! )
CLUB legend, a lot of love from the fans, but a lousy manager!!

Frank is not a good manager, but reading some of the behind the scenes stuff today, Chelsea are a bit of a shit show. I think they will improve under Tuchel almost by default, but they have a lot of backroom challenges that will impede them in the medium term. Tuchel is probably only there until summer 2022, to be honest.

Frank is not a good manager, but reading some of the behind the scenes stuff today, Chelsea are a bit of a shit show. I think they will improve under Tuchel almost by default, but they have a lot of backroom challenges that will impede them in the medium term. Tuchel is probably only there until summer 2022, to be honest.
It's Chelsea we're talking about, if he makes it to summer 2022 he will probably get a testimonial.

Frank is not a good manager and Chelsea is a terribly run club when it comes to loyalty. Everyone knew it would end this way, just not sure if it would be now or the summer. You can say what you want about Frank needed more time but from the Athletic article, it sounds like he was just getting worse and worse with players. He wasn't even talking to half the players!

I just wish he lasted long enough for us to beat them in a week and then he was sacked.

Tuchel just got another chance to win the CL this season. Would be hilarious if he kicks PSG out :roflmao:
But still, Frank got sacked and Arteta is still at the wheel? Chelsea is still in the FA Cup and Champions League. Woolwich failed in the EFL Cup, FA Cup and they are playing in the EL instead of CL. They are also behind Chelsea in the table. I would not be surprised if Woolwich fires him either.

At least one trainer keeps his job in London!
:mourear:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom