Have we re-signed Christian Eriksen yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's usually difficult to sign top talent in January and we do need some improvement in midfield to make the best of this season.

A 6-months loan should not be too bad of a gamble cos I really don't see a better option out there that can come in and also settle in quickly enough.

By the summer we would know if he has anything to offer and can look to sign better long term options.

If the midfield doesn't improve, we will struggle to make top 4 or win any cup.

During his time with Spurs

- Most goals from direct free kicks
- Most assists from free kicks
- Most key chances created from free kicks

But yeah, he was rubbish right.

That's because he took all our free kicks...
Here's the rules

1. Within budget (50m, 100k a week)
2. Willing to compete with Ndombele and Lo Celso for a starting spot
3. Player is happy to join a club that hasn't won a significant trophy in the lifetime of any player at the club (except LLoris and Hart!!)
4. Willing to live in London in the worst pandemic in living memory
5. Wiling to suffer English weather
6. Willing to suffer English media culture
7. Willing to pay high taxes (compared with Italian, French and Spanish football)
8. Did I mention the weather?

Go!

Who should we get? Messi? De Bryne?

Why 100k? Isn't Ndombele supposedly on close to double that?

You know the stuff I quoted was for the entire league and not just for Spurs? There’s many things to be debated about the effectiveness of Eriksen, but there’s no doubt at all he was a productive player.

Well apparently on they to Woolwich so they can enjoy them stats down Woolwich way

Defoe was better in his second stint here than his first to be fair.
Yep possibly shouldn't have included him although looking at the stats they seem about the same. Second spell boasted by a lot of europa group goals against cannon fodder as well. He always excelled in those types of matches.

At the time I felt that - if any - there was only one of Defoe, Keane, Berbatov that we should have been looking to bring back - and it was the one we didn't of course.

Life is warped and within it lies the possibility, feint that it may be, in Eriksen returning and being the hero whilst on the bench sits Bale, on whom so much was hoped.

Stranger things would have happened.

Last edited:
Is there room for him in the squads? I'm fine with him replacing Gedson, but Gedson isn't in the Europa squad, is he? So who would Eriksen replace in Europe?

Did you find the stat. "Most dead ball kicks that hit the first man" Top of any list!

However, I'd take him back as a squad addition if he no longer takes corners and free kicks(and the money can be sorted out).

After his thousands attempts finally got one .

Eriksen is the player with the most goals from direct free kicks in the past 10 years in the EPL.
Eriksen is the player with the most assists from direct free kicks in the past 10 years in the EPL.

But yeah, crap at free kicks. Maybe we should sign Beckham out of retirement.

Eriksen is the player with the most goals from direct free kicks in the past 10 years in the EPL.
Eriksen is the player with the most assists from direct free kicks in the past 10 years in the EPL.

But yeah, crap at free kicks. Maybe we should sign Beckham out of retirement.
But what is his success ratio? Or are you actually 7 and haven't learned what ratios are yet?

Back
Top Bottom