Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On Kane he is brilliant but I don't think in any way shape or form that he has in his armoury any of the devastating qualities of Henry, Aguero at his best, Drogba or let's say Klinsmann.

I will also add two more questionable players maybe. Berbatov and Sheringham.

It's really difficult with Kane because he is an outstanding striker but for me he can also be marked out of a game in a way I don't think Henry, Drogba or Aguero (at his best could)

On Berbatov, who I could not stand, he was just impossible to stop if the mood took him. Rarely of course! . Sheringham just had a knack that Kane lacks in the biggest games.

Kane compares to all in terms of all-round game, except Henry for me, so he may be world class (whatever that means) but I think the players above would always instill greater fear in their opponents.
Didn't the Jose worship teach you anything?

On Kane he is brilliant but I don't think in any way shape or form that he has in his armoury any of the devastating qualities of Henry, Aguero at his best, Drogba or let's say Klinsmann.

I will also add two more questionable players maybe. Berbatov and Sheringham.

It's really difficult with Kane because he is an outstanding striker but for me he can also be marked out of a game in a way I don't think Henry, Drogba or Aguero (at his best could)

On Berbatov, who I could not stand, he was just impossible to stop if the mood took him. Rarely of course! . Sheringham just had a knack that Kane lacks in the biggest games.

Kane compares to all in terms of all-round game, except Henry for me, so he may be world class (whatever that means) but I think the players above would always instill greater fear in their opponents.

Nope, he’s as good, if not better than pretty much every player you mentioned. Henry probably the exception, as he was truly outstanding and probably on par with Messi and Ronaldo, but Harry Kane is as good as Aguero in his peak. He’s most definitely better than all of Drogba, Sherringham, Berbatov and Klinsman. Drogba was a superb striker who was a massive big game player, but his goal scoring record is surprisingly not that great. Harry Kane’s scoring record is on another planet. Think you play him down a lot here. He’s up there with the very best the premier league has seen.

Why do people only mention Harry’s goals or assists? How many times in Jose’s system have we seen Harry make a defensive header off the line ? Harry Kane is the most complete player in the Premier league! Imagine how good he would be if he didn’t have to keep tracking back because our defenders are fucking shite!

Personally I think those a slight cut above Kane are Kluivert, Van Nistleroy, Raul, Larsson, Del Piero, Henry, Klinsmann, Drogba and if you can call Bergkamp a striker add him too

Nope, he’s as good, if not better than pretty much every player you mentioned. Henry probably the exception, as he was truly outstanding and probably on par with Messi and Ronaldo, but Harry Kane is as good as Aguero in his peak. He’s most definitely better than all of Drogba, Sherringham, Berbatov and Klinsman. Drogba was a superb striker who was a massive big game player, but his goal scoring record is surprisingly not that great. Harry Kane’s scoring record is on another planet. Think you play him down a lot here. He’s up there with the very best the premier league has seen.
“I’m a Spurs fan so Kane is the best”

Why do people only mention Harry’s goals or assists? How many times in Jose’s system have we seen Harry make a defensive header off the line ? Harry Kane is the most complete player in the Premier league! Imagine how good he would be if he didn’t have to keep tracking back because our defenders are fucking shite!
Same reason no one mentions Tobys goals I guess

I an not going to respond directly to all responses but we are understandably blinkered.

Drogba for example was the best defensive header of the ball I have seen from a non defender.

And Drogba nearly always scored in the biggest games.

Put this way and as unpalatable as it is for many, if Drogba played the semi-finals and finals for us that Kane has, we win more than we lose.

My opinion but the difference on the biggest moments is the crucial metric for me.

Personally I think those a slight cut above Kane are Kluivert, Van Nistleroy, Raul, Larsson, Del Piero, Henry, Klinsmann, Drogba and if you can call Bergkamp a striker add him too
I’m not sure presently it’s a fair comparison , how many times did Henry have to track back and defend? It pains me to say it but can you imagine Harry playing for Man City, not having to worry about defending or creating as he has De Bryne putting it on a plate for him?

I’m not sure presently it’s a fair comparison , how many times did Henry have to track back and defend? It pains me to say it but can you imagine Harry playing for Man City, not having to worry about defending or creating as he has De Bryne putting it on a plate for him?
Personally I think Henry would stand out more often in this team when it comes to creating for himself
I genuinely don’t care for Kane defending

I an not going to respond directly to all responses but we are understandably blinkered.

Drogba for example was the best defensive header of the ball I have seen from a non defender.

And Drogba nearly always scored in the biggest games.

Put this way and as unpalatable as it is for many, if Drogba played the semi-finals and finals for us that Kane has, we win more than we lose.

My opinion but the difference on the biggest moments is the crucial metric for me.
Droga's scoring record is PATHETIC next to Kane's. If we have Droga instead of Kane we don't get into finals or title races.

Use your brain.

Back
Top Bottom