West Ham Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Sun 21st Feb, 12noon KO - Live on Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

xG isn't designed to predict single match outcomes, it's designed to show the likelihood of scoring each individual shot. In aggregate over several matches, it is one of the most reliable indicators of long-term form available.

If you flip a coin and get heads twice, it doesn't mean that the odds that you'd get tails 1/2 times was wrong - you just happened to get heads twice.
You've convinced me, although the indicators of long term form are not mathematical - we watch it today.

MOTD did a piece on the first goal. Son and Moura were disgraceful, just standing watching instead of busting a gut to pressure or track men.

But this is happening every fucking game. Why aren’t Mourinho and the coaching staff drilling this incessantly every day in training.

Last edited:
The worst (or maybe best) thing to have come out of our shit form during the pandemic, is that with one thing and another, I've started to stop caring... and that's really sad.

From listening to that, I genuinely think he's doing the 'José thing' and ONLY focussing on the EL and League Cup now...
HE KNOWS he's not a good enough manager to win the League any more... and Maybe he's finally realised he's not good enough for Top 4 either....
He's putting all his eggs in the Cup basket... a risk if it doesn't work... but cements his reputation if it does.

....like him or fucking loathe him... one thing he DOES know, is how to win a trophy.... problem is, do WE?

20 shots at goal, 16 off target is fucking diabolical. They had a 100% shots to shots on target rate, we had a 20% success rate. For our quality even away from Kane and Son it simply wasn’t acceptable.

I wonder what the worst success rate of shots on target to shots had in a game is, we won’t the be far off apart from the shit teams that end up having a few shots a match and missing all of them, teams like Swindon and Bradford etc.

20% return on testing the goalkeeper is fucking poxy and I don’t think that even includes blocked shots of which we had a fair few.

20 shots at goal, 16 off target is fucking diabolical. They had a 100% shots to shots on target rate, we had a 20% success rate. For our quality even away from Kane and Son it simply wasn’t acceptable.

I wonder what the worst success rate of shots on target to shots had in a game is, we won’t the be far off apart from the shit teams that end up having a few shots a match and missing all of them, teams like Swindon and Bradford etc.

20% return on testing the goalkeeper is fucking poxy and I don’t think that even includes blocked shots of which we had a fair few.

Just seen this on a random website but haven’t looked into it for accuracy:

After all, in any given match teams are only going to average about 26 shots combined per game, and only 9 of those on average will be on target.

So for our 20 attempts we were 3 less on target or so than the average team(s) in matches combined would have on target. Way, way below average up top and leaky at the back.... with West Ham having a 100% success rate it’s clear to see the gulf in both in terms of ruthlessness and solidness and why possession and ball domination meant absolutely fuck all as it always does when you neglect the importance of making opportunities count.

Back
Top Bottom