Goalkeepers for next season poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you see our GK situation for next season?

• Lloris - First Choice

Votes: 74 97.4%
  • Lloris - Squad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lloris - Sell

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Friedel - First Choice

• Friedel - Squad

Votes: 58 76.3%
  • Friedel - Sell

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Gomes - First Choice

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Gomes - Squad

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Gomes - Sell

Votes: 63 82.9%
  • Archer - First Choice

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Archer - Squad

Votes: 61 80.3%
  • Archer - Sell

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • We need to buy a new first choice keeper

• We need to buy another squad keeper

Votes: 29 38.2%

• Total voters

zin

Supporter
This shit again, place your votes. I'm only including players who have at least been on the substitutes bench at some point this season. If you want them loaned out just select squad.

Contract Expiry
Heurelho Gomes - 2014
Brad Friedel - 2014
Hugo Lloris - 2016
Jordan Archer - 2015

Other professionals
Jonathan Miles

Last Year's Voting (number of votes - players in red no longer at club)
[1st Choice]
New Keeper - 62
Friedel - 47
Gomes - 7
Cudicini - 3
Alnwick - 2
Button - 2

[Squad]
Button - 67
Cudicini - 39
Friedel - 36
New Keeper - 33
Alnwick - 24
Gomes - 7

[Sell/Release]
Gomes - 73
Alnwick - 52
Cudicini - 34
Button - 9
Friedel - 8

Last season we wanted a new first choice keeeper, which we duly got in Lloris. We also wanted Friedel, Cudicini and Button as backup with Gomes and Alnwick sold. Cudicini and Button went and Gomes stayed (albeit sent out on loan) leaving us with just Jordan Archer as 3rd choice keeper and who was on the bench for the away game vs Swansea.

Who's voting to sell Friedel? What market is there for a 41 year old who's almost certainly retiring at the end of next year?

Yeah, I toyed with the idea of adding Release but ultimately he's contracted until 2014. Sell him for free ;)

No need to waste transfer kitty on anymore keepers. Our u21 squad has been amazing this season time to show them a little more faith and move Archer to 3rd choice while shifting Gomes to free up some wages and add a few mill to the coffers.

Friedel is built from titanium anyway so we'll be fine with 3

Good to see Archer getting so many votes, I back him to be a good keeper in a few years. Just a shame Lloris is the one he's competing with

We can't keep Friedel as he doesn't suit how we play, as much as I love the big American, we can't change our entire style of play just to accommodate him in a few games. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that I'd prefer Gomes over Friedel for the No.2 role. Obviously I'm not suggesting Gomes will or would want to play No.2 next season, my comment was just as a matter of comparison.

For me, we keep Lloris forever and find a number 2 who plays in a similar style, I don't know whether this would be Archer or not, I'm not familiar with him, but we need consistency in our style of play therefore someone who plays as a sweeper/keeper is a must.

Back
Top Bottom