West Ham Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Sun 21st Feb, 12noon KO - Live on Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As much as I hate losing to West Ham, I can't fault the team's attacking game yesterday. We couldn't have done much more, and we played some very nice football. The ball just wouldn't go in.

We need 2 new top centre halves and I think we're almost there. Mourinho has a lot to answer for, but the 2 mistakes are down to 2 defenders who are just not good enough. Neither should play again.

If we play the rest of the season like we did the second half yesterday then I'll be happy. All I ask is that we compete and play the football I know this team is capable of.

The worst (or maybe best) thing to have come out of our shit form during the pandemic, is that with one thing and another, I've started to stop caring... and that's really sad.
I agree. Just knew we would lose yesterday. My season has amassed to trying to finish above Woolwich. The top 4 is a million miles away, the Carabao Cup final will most likely end in embarrassment and the Europa Cup will be over once we play a decent side.

Mourinho maybe right when he he says Tottenham have issues he can't fix, but it smacks of passing the buck. It's not what either ENIC or the fans want to hear. Managers are there to fix the problems. Jose has created more problems than he faced when he joined.

As much as I hate losing to West Ham, I can't fault the team's attacking game yesterday. We couldn't have done much more, and we played some very nice football. The ball just wouldn't go in.

We need 2 new top centre halves and I think we're almost there. Mourinho has a lot to answer for, but the 2 mistakes are down to 2 defenders who are just not good enough. Neither should play again.

If we play the rest of the season like we did the second half yesterday then I'll be happy. All I ask is that we compete and play the football I know this team is capable of.
Joe Rodon should be a regular starter. Yes he made an error or two, but he has impressed me with Wales and in the majority of play time with Spurs.

He is a better defender than Dier, Sanchez and Toby.

Joe Rodon should be a regular starter. Yes he made an error or two, but he has impressed me with Wales and in the majority of play time with Spurs.

He is a better defender than Dier, Sanchez and Toby.
A Swans supporting mate of mine said summit along the lines of: HE LIVES AND BRRATHES DEFENDING!

I've heard it elsewhere, but I think the attitude Rodon shows will soon be backed up with his ability.... I think Jose sees something in him akin to Dier (but with obviously more talent!)
It's why he bought Hojbjerg.... Jose likes a leader.... ability doesn't ALWAYS come into it!
It's also probably why he cast Dele and Bale aside for so long....
Attitude is a massive part of the mindset needed to win games.... and Jose should know, he's been playing them for years!

I'm in hospital today having an op and it involves keyhole surgery through the groin. My Mrs asked if I was going to be embarrassed lying there legs akimbo with my bits on show to which I replied 'im more embarrassed about them seeing my Tottenham tattoos'.

Looking at the current squad and even the latest editions, i think we are in for a poor run for the following reasons.

Too many to shift out?

No financial war chest available in the current financial climate

Questionable scouting and poor return on investments, Moura, Berj, Doherty, Sanchez, Lamela.

Wholesale changes needed, but they seldom work buying a job lot.

Do we bring back our players on loan and blood them? (it couldn't be much worse if we do).

I am at a loss but my big fear is that Harry will go and Jose will just buy in more dross.

Levy has a major decision to make in the Summer, until then i think we are what we are, a pretty poor number pf players with an odd good one here and there, and a World class striker.

If Harry does decide to go then i would hate to see Jose given the funds generated to squander.e
I really don't want JM to buy any players , he clearly doesn't know anything about football any more, .imagine him buying a load of dross then leaving and we are left with an even worse bunch than we have now. Some of these players used to be not all that bad

20 shots at goal, 16 off target is fucking diabolical. They had a 100% shots to shots on target rate, we had a 20% success rate. For our quality even away from Kane and Son it simply wasn’t acceptable.

I wonder what the worst success rate of shots on target to shots had in a game is, we won’t the be far off apart from the shit teams that end up having a few shots a match and missing all of them, teams like Swindon and Bradford etc.

20% return on testing the goalkeeper is fucking poxy and I don’t think that even includes blocked shots of which we had a fair few.
To be fair, Kane actually had some decent attempts on goal, which he created from very little. Now our expectations are so high, maybe we would expect one to go in. He should have squared to Son at one point, but apart from that, I can't criticise his shooting; he did the right things, it just didn't come off. Son did have a few wild attempts and a lot of those shots were terrible efforts from Sanchez and Dier. We actually created fuck all for most of the game, the shots on goal flattered us hence why our Xg was lower than West Ham's.

Yes, we played some good attacking football in the second half. That’s because we were behind. We wouldn’t have played like that had we scored first. We’d have been hanging on and probably conceded late on.

Its the morning after and this one hurts
Perhaps its because I maintain we 100% deserved at least a point from that game.
Quite a few big chances missed and we gift West Ham their goals.

Irritating that we lost again but couldn't fault the second half performance. If we play like that for the remainder of the season we won't do too bad.

Bale helped us massively, made us effective from both sides of the pitch and not just one dimensional down the left relying on Sonny & Reguillon. Onwards & upwards. COYS.

Irritating that we lost again but couldn't fault the second half performance. If we play like that for the remainder of the season we won't do too bad.

Bale helped us massively, made us effective from both sides of the pitch and not just one dimensional down the left relying on Sonny & Reguillon. Onwards & upwards. COYS.
Changed the game for us .

The second half gave me a bit of hope yesterday i feel if we should of got the draw. Couple of dummies at the back are the issue. Needs to play Rodon and Tody/Tanganga and leave the other two Muppet's on the bench hopefully not to be used to often.

20 shots at goal, 16 off target is fucking diabolical. They had a 100% shots to shots on target rate, we had a 20% success rate. For our quality even away from Kane and Son it simply wasn’t acceptable.

I wonder what the worst success rate of shots on target to shots had in a game is, we won’t the be far off apart from the shit teams that end up having a few shots a match and missing all of them, teams like Swindon and Bradford etc.

20% return on testing the goalkeeper is fucking poxy and I don’t think that even includes blocked shots of which we had a fair few.

Yeah but you have to look at the context of the game. We played 90% of the match from a losing position against a disciplined West Ham defence. It was always going to be difficult to reach their keeper.

This is what is making it so hard for us, it’s 10x harder to score goals when you’ve given the opponent multiple easy goals and they can sit back and run out the clock. Until we stop gifting goals to the opponent we will keep struggling to score. Our horribly soft defence is making it so much harder for our forwards. We are always chasing games which is a really bad position to be in.

We can shit on our team all we like, but we are not giving the opposition enough credit. If we take their second goal, we can say that West Ham were rewarded for their aggressive pressing. You have one team that is badly coached at playing out from the back and another that is playing with a lot of intensity without the ball. Doherty has just come on, he dithers a little, then he is hounded by two West Ham players.

We have no off-ball movement. There are no attacking patterns. It's remarkable how static our attack is. People shit on Dele but at least he was making runs in behind the defense. Players just have no idea what to do in the final third with or without the ball. We reset the ball with the CBs but there is nothing to reset, it's just pointless recycling at that point.

Its also pointless running at the defensive line that push forward a bit and force you back, then you do it again and again and ultimately go backwards or lose the ball. no width, no one touch passing, get the shot off cross in. nope. Just the same thing agan and again. how many times before they realise its not fucking working. bale and dele on changed everything.

From listening to that, I genuinely think he's doing the 'José thing' and ONLY focussing on the EL and League Cup now...
HE KNOWS he's not a good enough manager to win the League any more... and Maybe he's finally realised he's not good enough for Top 4 either....
He's putting all his eggs in the Cup basket... a risk if it doesn't work... but cements his reputation if it does.

....like him or fucking loathe him... one thing he DOES know, is how to win a trophy.... problem is, do WE?
Don’t kid yourself pep or klopp couldn’t win the league at Spurs don’t spend the money no top player would come here

We need a whole new squad team is rubbish like most of the fans on here SUPPORT your team you bunch of moaning muppets

Back
Top Bottom