Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I rate Kane

But some people talk about Kane as if he's a god and he doesn't deserve this.

He plays a part in all this too. Recently he hasn't exactly had his shooting boots on and he's meant to be one of the leaders in the squad.

No-one can afford him right now anyway so its in his best interests just to try his best and help the club.

Sure, he is no god.
And sure his performances in few games have not been as perfect as we might have gotten used to.

But he has deserved A LOT of credit for his performances. Both - in previous seasons and in start of this one.

Saying " he hasn't exactly had his shooting boots on" just shows that people are way too spoiled because of his wonderful seasons in the past. I mean how anyone with straight face claim that someone who has scored 21 goals when 1/3 of a season is still to go hasn't had "shooting boots on"?

It just sounds that people don't remember times when our top scorer across all competitions managed to score like 14-18 goals.

Sure, he is no god.
And sure his performances in few games have not been as perfect as we might have gotten used to.

But he has deserved A LOT of credit for his performances. Both - in previous seasons and in start of this one.

Saying " he hasn't exactly had his shooting boots on" just shows that people are way too spoiled because of his wonderful seasons in the past. I mean how anyone with straight face claim that someone who has scored 21 goals when 1/3 of a season is still to go hasn't had "shooting boots on"?

It just sounds that people don't remember times when our top scorer across all competitions managed to score like 14-18 goals.
Nah I'm just saying for the past few games I'd say since he had the big miss since Liverpool he's been a bit hit and miss and it bit less consistent in his shooting

Still having a great season though

People turning on Kane is an example of how far the toxicity has spread. Any team in the world would die to have him, yet (according to some of our supporters) he’s not good enough for us and should be sold. I despair.

People turning on Kane is an example of how far the toxicity has spread. Any team in the world would die to have him, yet (according to some of our supporters) he’s not good enough for us and should be sold. I despair.

Exactly this!!

Every team in the world (literally - with 0 execptions !!) would have him.

Yet, some claim with straight faces about "his decline" and whatnot. I never thought I'd see this day to be honest.

Nah I'm just saying for the past few games I'd say since he had the big miss since Liverpool he's been a bit hit and miss and it bit less consistent in his shooting

Still having a great season though

Yea, sure.
I can agree with that. He has not been in his top form since returning from injury.

But that was my point - he has earned the credit, and we all know he will be back.
Yet some people are talking that we "should stop finding excuses" ffs.

This thread makes it easy to see who should go on ignore.

For years we sold our best players making our rivals stronger. It was bemoaned as a lack of ambition. You do not sell your best players if you want to compete.

But the state of some of you cunts in here criticising him. I suspect you are perfect in your jobs in every way and never have off days, moments, or weeks. Always perform 100%.

This thread makes it easy to see who should go on ignore.

For years we sold our best players making our rivals stronger. It was bemoaned as a lack of ambition. You do not sell your best players if you want to compete.

But the state of some of you cunts in here criticising him. I suspect you are perfect in your jobs in every way and never have off days, moments, or weeks. Always perform 100%.
I'm not criticisng I just hate the notion that some people are saying he deserves to be able to leave or we owe to it to sell him

No they haven't. This 'regressed' bullshit is just folks that don't want to admit they had a player wrong so they can continue the conceit that they know WTF they are talking about. Very few, if any, players ever 'regress' in their ability. It's a silly concept. No one stops being able to pass the ball or control it etc. What happens is their exploits are no longer surprise to supporters and opposition and they become expectations. And expectations are gameplanned for.

Additionally, they may pick up more 'attention' giving them less time and space to do what they did previously. And specific to that team shit play was effort and attitude. Our press went to shit and a team greater than the sum of its parts became a group of unremarkable parts. But those parts were always remarkable individually except for Dembele who was the only player with a skillset that would make opposition manager concerned (see Klopp and how many players he sent Dembele's way...similar to how many he sent Ndombele's way a couple weeks ago). but here we still are a team with zero individual threat and a club full of unremarkable players.
So I won’t see you in the summer transfer thread
🤟

Who’s turning on Harry? The point has been made that Harry hasn’t played well for a long time now after a good start to the season. It’s hard to argue against that proposition.

The rot seemed to set in at Anfield when he failed to seize the moment and score an easy chance that probably would have seen us win and kept us top of the table. Instead we lost in the last minute in true Spursy fashion to send us into a downward spiral ever since.

Anfield was 12 games back, half of our season so far. Harry has started 10 of those 12 games. He’s scored 4, a penalty against Leeds and 1 goal against each of the bottom 3 sides in the league, Sheffield United, West Brom and Fulham. He’s missed a good few chances that may well have turned the tide in a number of those games.

Harry is held up by many here as one of the top strikers in the world. A top striker in the world will be held to higher and more exacting standards than others and you’d expect a few more goals, other than just against the relegation sides.

Who’s turning on Harry? The point has been made that Harry hasn’t played well for a long time now after a good start to the season. It’s hard to argue against that proposition.

The rot seemed to set in at Anfield when he failed to seize the moment and score an easy chance that probably would have seen us win and kept us top of the table. Instead we lost in the last minute in true Spursy fashion to send us into a downward spiral ever since.

Anfield was 12 games back, half of our season so far. Harry has started 10 of those 12 games. He’s scored 4, a penalty against Leeds and 1 goal against each of the bottom 3 sides in the league, Sheffield United, West Brom and Fulham. He’s missed a good few chances that may well have turned the tide in a number of those games.

Harry is held up by many here as one of the top strikers in the world. A top striker in the world will be held to higher and more exacting standards than others and you’d expect a few more goals, other than just against the relegation sides.
Exactly “he’s world class let’s compare him to Davies”

Sammy you know me. I like you, a lot think you are proper spurs but the idea that kane is not a supreme world class talent is for the birds. He might be having a slight fall of in recent weeks but by the season end he will amongst the top scorers in the league. Its frankly embarrassing not to acknowledge Kane as one of our greatest ever players. We are blessed to be able to watch him. I have seen many tottenham strikers since the late 70s and no one, absolutely no one gets near him. A truly generational talent and its churlish to argue otherwise.

Is replying to the wrong person the new thing around here?

'Right Dave'

80s tv GIF

I’m not. He’s still out talisman and I want him around next season and beyond.

I’ve consistently made two general points about Harry of late. I don’t believe he’s the player he was 2015-18 largely because of an accumulation of injuries, getting rushed back from injury and getting flogged to death. The club and both the current and the previous management regime are massively culpable in all of that as well.

Secondly, hapless and all as both Mourinho and our defence are as regards our current slump, I don’t give the free pass to Harry and Son that many are. Our two best and nearly our two most experienced players as well at this stage are not playing well or showing the requisite leadership.

I’m not. He’s still out talisman and I want him around next season and beyond.

I’ve consistently made two general points about Harry of late. I don’t believe he’s the player he was 2015-18 largely because of an accumulation of injuries, getting rushed back from injury and getting flogged to death. The club and both the current and the previous management regime are massively culpable in all of that as well.

Secondly, hapless and all as both Mourinho and our defence are as regards our current slump, I don’t give the free pass to Harry and Son that many are. Our two best and nearly our two most experienced players as well at this stage are not playing well or showing the requisite leadership.
Fair enough. I’m happy to give him a free pass - our second best striker after Greaves, nonetheless he’s torn between three roles at the moment. Dropping deep to assist our impotent midfield, clearing balls off the line in defence and carrying the expectations of being our leading goal scorer.

I don’t think there’s another player in the world who is expected to do that and still be regarded as an potent attacking force, and yet he’s almost pulled it off.

Anyway, he won’t be here next season.

Sammy you know me. I like you, a lot think you are proper spurs but the idea that kane is not a supreme world class talent is for the birds. He might be having a slight fall of in recent weeks but by the season end he will amongst the top scorers in the league. Its frankly embarrassing not to acknowledge Kane as one of our greatest ever players. We are blessed to be able to watch him. I have seen many tottenham strikers since the late 70s and no one, absolutely no one gets near him. A truly generational talent and its churlish to argue otherwise.
That’s Juno

Back
Top Bottom