Would you change anything about how the forum is run?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's a link to it in the header. Not sure it really needs a dedicated section for it on the homepage. I can probably add something though.
ah, I see what you mean! the 3 lines in the top right. missed that (all black browser here). Home page animations look great by the way

Admin Admin
There doesn’t seem to be any shortcuts anymore that enable you to jump from Spurs to off topic or to general football etc on either full or phone versions.
I knew something about how I navigated the forums had changed. Wasn't sure what it was, but I think you're right. You used to be able to single click jump from one section of the forum to another.

Correct. Enjoy!
To be honest, this isn't needed.

caseisaknob.jpg

I mostly use this on my phone and have found that I often accidentally ignore entire threads due to accidentally pressing the 'ignore' option when scrolling down the right-hand side.

Is it possible to add a 'confirm' option?

I mostly use this on my phone and have found that I often accidentally ignore entire threads due to accidentally pressing the 'ignore' option when scrolling down the right-hand side.

Is it possible to add a 'confirm' option?
You're in luck. There is an option to enable confirmation with that button.

i really like the player rating function. is possible to generate a chart to show the ups and sown of player rating over the season

many thanks
Not very easily within the system. It's all a bit of a custom-made hack-job. Should be easy enough to chuck the info in a Google Sheet though. If I find time I'll look into it.

I‘m not sure if it’s possible, but what about some kind of separate account/admin for starting the match threads? More and more lately I’ve seen that people haven’t been able to see threads because they’ve got the thread starter on ignore so a system/admin/account just for starting the match threads would enable everyone to see them. It would also mean the threads could be started with sensible titles that give the information people need like the date, time and tv channel. Some of the threads we’ve seen lately are just moronic.
It’s happened a few times to me in the last couple of months and it’s very frustrating as the match threads are one of the best bits about the forum. The way the current system works I would have to take theat person off my ignore list to be able to see the thread, but then the rest of the forum experience is ruined because all of their posts show up.

I‘m not sure if it’s possible, but what about some kind of separate account/admin for starting the match threads? More and more lately I’ve seen that people haven’t been able to see threads because they’ve got the thread starter on ignore so a system/admin/account just for starting the match threads would enable everyone to see them. It would also mean the threads could be started with sensible titles that give the information people need like the date, time and tv channel. Some of the threads we’ve seen lately are just moronic.
It’s happened a few times to me in the last couple of months and it’s very frustrating as the match threads are one of the best bits about the forum. The way the current system works I would have to take theat person off my ignore list to be able to see the thread, but then the rest of the forum experience is ruined because all of their posts show up.
I have the current match thread starter on ignore.

Went to Spurs part of forum - show ignored content - seen the thread and clicked on it.

While in the thread refresh page, the starter and their subsequent posts go back onto ignore, yet you're still in the thread, and job done.

ArcspacE ArcspacE , she's talking about you.

I'm with you here.
I seem to remember that Admin Admin changed the name of the starter of a fairly recent match thread from ArcspacE ArcspacE to himself, for precisely the reason you're complaining about (people couldn't see it, because he was on ignore). If admin can do it once, he can do it whenever he wants to. Although I don't have ArcspacE ArcspacE on ignore I can see how he/she starting match threads might be a frustration for you and for several others.

The problem with preventing ArcspacE ArcspacE from starting match threads (which is surely possible) may be a philosophical one, or it may be because admin doesn't need the hassle. This place is gloriously anarchic. If admin were to start actively policing the forum it would both diminish the nature of the beast and make work for admin, which I am sure s/he/they don't want.

The only solutions I can think of are:
1. Admin tells ArcspacE ArcspacE not to start match threads, or he/she will be sanctioned. This would be easy to do and easy to implement, but fundamentally alter the forum's 'free' philosophy.
2. You appeal to @rcspace's better nature - ask him/her to refrain from starting match threads. Good luck with that one! He/she will just do it more, as he/she craves attention and gets a strange, childish kick out of pissing people off.

I'm sure there are other solutions - I just can't think of any.

Back
Top Bottom