Tottenham Vs Wolfsberger 24th Feb 17:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho says starting line-up tomorrow will be "very similar" to first leg because Spurs want to qualify and win the match.

First leg lineup

Lloris
Doherty Alderweireld Dier Davies
Winks Sissoko
Bale Dele Moura
Son

Hopefully we see Son and Bale switched for Vinicius and Bergwijn , then I'm happy.
Very similar is fine with me as long as he removes Bale for Bergwijn and Son for Vini. The rest I am happy with.

Mourinho says starting line-up tomorrow will be "very similar" to first leg because Spurs want to qualify and win the match.

First leg lineup

Lloris
Doherty Alderweireld Dier Davies
Winks Sissoko
Bale Dele Moura
Son

Hopefully we see Son and Bale switched for Vinicius and Bergwijn , then I'm happy.

I see no reason to play Son, Bale, Toby or Lloris.

If we can't maintain a 4-1 lead against the 6th place team in Austria with the likes of Vinicius, Tanganga, Lamela and Hart then we are in worst trouble that even I thought and Jose is purposely tanking our season.

I think we should go with something like:

Hart
Doherty-Tanganga-Dier-Davies
Winks-Sissoko
Lamela-Dele-Moura
Vinicius

Then we can have a completely new starting 11 on the weekend. I would even be fine having Cirkin in there instead of Davies.

Dilan Markanday (skillful winger/no 10) aged 19 and Nile John (used to be tricky winger now more of a CM) aged 17 have been added to the EL squad.

I'd still expect the 4 youngsters (Cirkin, Lavinier, Bowden, Scarlett) from last week to get on the field before these two, but interesting that more youngaters being included in the squad, and maybe the bench. A great experience for them

Dilan Markanday (skillful winger/no 10) aged 19 and Nile John (used to be tricky winger now more of a CM) aged 17 have been added to the EL squad.

I'd still expect the 4 youngsters (Cirkin, Lavinier, Bowden, Scarlett) from last week to get on the field before these two, but interesting that more youngaters being included in the squad, and maybe the bench. A great experience for them.

I like Nile John.

I think he's probably our best talent behind Scarlett and Devine.

I like Nile John.

I think he's probably our best talent behind Scarlett and Devine.

Yes, he and Max Robson in that year group.

But although we've lost a few talents (Mandueke being the one that annoys me most) we've actually got a few who could become very good players if they are developed properly.....and have the required fair slice of luck !

He seemed to indicate Bale will play but hopefully only 45 mins. On basis Aurier should be back for Burnley play Doherty.
Hart
Doherty, Tanganga, Dier, Davies
Winks, Sissoko
Bergwijn, Bale, Dele,
Vinny

This might sound odd but i want to see the back 4 that we need for the next few games start this, so they can actually start building some kind of partnership. Its a Weds game at home, theyve got till Sunday this time round to recover.

Aurier - Alderweireld - Rodon - Reguilon

This might sound odd but i want to see the back 4 that we need for the next few games start this, so they can actually start building some kind of partnership. Its a Weds game at home, theyve got till Sunday this time round to recover.

Well if you want us to be kicked out of competition for playing an ineligible player, then maybe, but I would prefer to go further

Rodon hasn’t been registered in the EL squad

I agree with the mix of youth, squad and 1st team tonorrow....

If our wider squad players can't see us through (and basically DO the job of a squad player, by helping out the 1st team) then we don't belong nor deserve to be in the competition...

MY personal hunch is that Jose has already given up on the League, and so will go strong in the Cups that remain...

With that in mind... I expect our under-12's to start on Sunday vs. Burnley!!

Hart
Doherty Sanchez Toby Davies
Winks Sissoko
Bergjwin Dele Lucas
Vini
Jose has already said Toby will play so stick Sanchez the clown next to him.

Rodon and Toby/Dier against Burnley.

Fullbacks and centre mids pick themselves.

Bale will probably do another 45 mins.

Hopefully we can give some youngsters a run out.

Hart
Doherty Sanchez Toby Davies
Winks Sissoko
Bergjwin Dele Lucas
Vini
Jose has already said Toby will play so stick Sanchez the clown next to him.

Rodon and Toby/Dier against Burnley.

Fullbacks and centre mids pick themselves.

Bale will probably do another 45 mins.

Hopefully we can give some youngsters a run out.

Much better to give Tanganga minutes either as CB alongside Toby to gain experience as we want to keep Tanganga or as RB : my preference probably as CB.

Back
Top Bottom