Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

God knows how United leapfrogged us in to third. Crazy fucking year. Starting to be clear that Son and Kane need breaks, both of them are absolute work horses. The amount of games Sonny alone has played in the last few seasons are mind boggling to say the least.

1 point from a possible 9 is how you go from a tightly packed top 4 to looking up and losing sight.

Out of interest where do you think Kane will go to?

My best guess would be RM or PSG. Only other club that could probably afford the package would be City and I’m not sure he’d buy into that idea?

Does PSG really interest him? The French league is seen as weaker than ours, not much kudos winning anything there with a team that are financially doped.

Maybe Madrid, especially if Poch turns up there but I can't think of any others and I think his preference is to win stuff at Spurs. I wonder what Bale has told him about Madrid?

If we got close this season and Jose and Levy could convince him next year is the year he might hang around. Normally I'd say he must be sick of slogging his guts out for fuck all but he seems to enjoy it, his mentality is quite extraordinary after all.

I certainly wouldn't blame him for wanting something new and successful, I just hope if he does go it's not to another club here, like you, I don't think he'd do it either.

Why not? Guaranteed titles and trophies, CL every season, as good a crack at the CL as anyone, guaranteed to bang in plenty of goals, playing with the likes of Neymar, Poch as your gaffer, Lovely city close to London still.
You might be right, would prefer him there than here if he's leaving. Pre Poch I doubt he really considered it, winning the league really isn't worth much there after all. We shall see.

Because it's Ligue 1. Most of the teams in it are rubbish. I only watch it for the new talent coming through.

Do you think it would bother Kane that he’d be scoring hat-tricks every week?

Rubbish is harsh and bit wrong, due to economics, as a league, it’s bereft of superstars and the superstar thrills (and quality) for sure, but tactically, and coaching wise, if you take out a couple of exceptions, it’s no more rubbish than 75% of the PL.

You rarely see ligue 1 teams play hoof ball, even the shit ones.

It provided 2 of last years CL last 4 for example. That doesn’t prove anything meaningful I know, but does suggest it’s not all shite.

Last edited:
Do you think it would bother Kane that he’d be scoring hat-tricks every week?

Rubbish is harsh and bit wrong, due to economics, as a league, it’s bereft of superstars and the superstar thrills (and quality) for sure, but tactically, and coaching wise, if you take out a couple of exceptions, it’s no more rubbish than 75% of the PL.

You rarely see ligue 1 teams play hoof ball, even the shit ones.

It provided 2 of last years CL last 4 for example. That doesn’t prove anything meaningful I know, but does suggest it’s not all shite.
The only place you will generally see people booting the ball up in the air is in Britain.

I watch a lot of Ligue 1. I don't watch it for the quality of the football-it is very dull. I watch it for the fresh talent, and there is lots of it. There is very little money in French football, so they can't keep their best players, I know. It is a shame for them.

Even before this pandemic struck, I was looking at stadia that had so many empty seats, it was incredible. Why, I asked you, were there so many empty seats? You did not know. So.... Harry goes to Paris. He is playing in smaller stadia, there are often swathes and swathes of empty seats, and he is playing against teams he has never heard of, and against much inferior players. Genuinely, I look at Mbappe and Neymar and I ask myself what they are doing.

And I have nothing against France or French people. I am probably very French in my outlook. I like the language, and am considering brushing up on it. I want to visit France. You should invite me. We could bond over snails, and fling merde at each other.

Now, when I watch, say, German football, I say to myself, "Holy Jesus! This is where the innovators of the game are. Why do I watch so much French football? This is so exciting. I gots to get some more bratwurst into me." You feel me?

Last edited:
He does no doubt but does Kane wanna go there? It'd be better than going to City of course.

Why would Kane not want to go there?

It gives him as good a chance as any to win the CL and if he does that, nobody will shit on him for doing it with PSG.

20 years from now if he has 5 Ligue titles as well nobody will shit on that either.

In fact I doubt many would shit on it now. It seems that here is really the only place I see people trying to make out PSG as a bad destination for people. Looking at the talent they get it doesn't seem the players think it is a bad place to play.

It also allows Kane as much rest as needed as he can sit out 90% of the Ligue 1 games if need be and likely any CL group stage game as well if he is injured. I think that will be a huge draw for him not having to be overplayed like he is now, especially under Jose.

Why not? Guaranteed titles and trophies, CL every season, as good a crack at the CL as anyone, guaranteed to bang in plenty of goals, playing with the likes of Neymar, Poch as your gaffer, Lovely city close to London still.

It gives him as good a chance as any to win the CL and if he does that, nobody will shit on him for doing it with PSG.

20 years from now if he has 5 Ligue titles as well nobody will shit on that either.

In fact I doubt many would shit on it now. It seems that here is really the only place I see people trying to make out PSG as a bad destination for people. Looking at the talent they get it doesn't seem the players think it is a bad place to play.

It also allows Kane as much rest as needed as he can sit out 90% of the Ligue 1 games if need be and likely any CL group stage game as well if he is injured. I think that will be a huge draw for him not having to be overplayed like he is now, especially under Jose.
Probably @ £500k a week wouldn't hurt either.

Who said PSG was a bad destination?

I just suggested Kane may not find it as appealing as some of us might. As for people ' shitting on him ' who suggested they would?

Who said PSG was a bad destination?

I just suggested Kane may not find it as appealing as some of us might. As for people ' shitting on him ' who suggested they would?

Peopke who suggest that going there and winning doesn’t mean as much, it’s not just with Kane but with Poch as well. I doubt most people think that way at all.

People who would imply that if he won Liguria 1 with PSG it wouldn’t mean much.

Peopke who suggest that going there and winning doesn’t mean as much, it’s not just with Kane but with Poch as well. I doubt most people think that way at all.

People who would imply that if he won Liguria 1 with PSG it wouldn’t mean much.
I suggest you direct your messages towards them then.

Back
Top Bottom