Was your first match ever attended on TV?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brilliant game, my first visit to Stamford Bridge. Scary atmosphere, took us over an hour to get back to the tube station after the game.

That’s right. There had been major trouble at Chelsea as they beat Liverpool in the previous round and the same was expected again. The police were very heavy handed I recall.

Mine was 90/1 home v Forest. Two weeks before the FA Cup final of same teams.

Gazza was meant to be injured but ended up playing and I can still remember the roar. When the tannoy was how you found out about the teams. Finished 1-1 Nayim goal.

I found some footage on YouTube years back it seems to have disappeared. Gutted. It was a Saturday 3pm game. Only got a minute on MOTD I think.

Can't remember the first game I went to honestly. Might have been Blackburn about 20 years ago.. Mostly remember walking up the steps of the East stand and catching my first glimpse of the pitch in person. What a moment.

Although one of my brothers sent me this photo which is my first personal appearance on TV at a Spurs game.
As a kid I had imagined being brought on as a late sub to score a winner, rather than clutching my hands together in the front row about 2 minutes after Harry Kane scored his first Premier League goal for Spurs.

IMG-1665.png

Spurs vs Charlton. 18th April 1987.
1-0 (Clive Allen....obviously)
My uncle, a Gooner, took me. Sat in the West Lower and the tickets were £8 each. I remember he went to get us some food just before halftime and missed the only goal.

Haha that was my 2nd ever game. I'm in the Paxton where the junior Spurs used to go. My first game was a couple of weeks earlier vs Norwich. Clive Allen hatrick and we won 3-0.

My first trip to the Lane though was actually a while before that for a reserve game. Back then they used to play those at WHL and you could get in for 50p or something stupid like that. As a kid it was great you had the run of whichever stands they opened. Think one of those games, they opened the shelf and we went up there which was a buzz for a kid as we would never be allowed up there for a league game. Happy days.

Spurs 1-1 Leeds May 1995

Klinsmann last game, Sheringham scored for Spurs. My eldest boys first game was November 2016 at Wembley against Leverkusen, awful game. First game for us both at NWHL was against Southampton in September 2019 2-1 , Kane and Tanguy scored. Just before the Bayern hammering.

Can't wait to get over with my youngest to bring him with us to his first game when this shit is over, saying that we ain't exactly missing much at the moment. :mourfacepalm:

Haha that was my 2nd ever game. I'm in the Paxton where the junior Spurs used to go. My first game was a couple of weeks earlier vs Norwich. Clive Allen hatrick and we won 3-0.

My first trip to the Lane though was actually a while before that for a reserve game. Back then they used to play those at WHL and you could get in for 50p or something stupid like that. As a kid it was great you had the run of whichever stands they opened. Think one of those games, they opened the shelf and we went up there which was a buzz for a kid as we would never be allowed up there for a league game. Happy days.
I used to go to the odd reserve game too, before I started to go to away games. 50p entrance and a programme (single sheet of A4) thrown in. Happy days.

First moment I remember was Johnny Haynes absolutely skinning one of our team down our left wing - such skill! Christ knows what game/year it was. The memory will stay with me forever.

First programme I've got (must've been bought by my Dad, because it's got his writing in it) was 1963 vs someone or other - can't find it currently.

First game I remember being at, was us smashing Man Utd 5-1 in 1965 (I think), unless the Haynes moment preceded that. Glory Glory days.

Since I'm American, I came by Spurs later in life. After the 2006 World Cup, I decided I wanted to starting watching the PL and adopted Spurs as my team, but I wasn't really interested. Then I made my first trip to London in October of 2007 and decided it was time to go to a match. Spurs vs Aston Villa. Went with my friends to a Tottenham pub a few hours before the match started and some local diehards adopted us Americans and made sure we had a great time leading up to the game, teaching us cheers, etc. Our seats were on the shelf side. Villa were up 1-4 at the 60 minute mark and everybody was very down. Then Chimbonda scored, Keane converted a penalty, and in stoppage time Kaboul blasted in the equalizer, took his shirt off and ran to hug Martin Jol who was about to get fired, while everybody in the stands waved the 125th year anniversary pennants they'd given out to all who attended. I'd never seen anything like the atmosphere in WHL in any sporting event I'd ever attended in America. I was well and truly hooked for life.

First game I remember being at, was us smashing Man Utd 5-1 in 1965 (I think), unless the Haynes moment preceded that. Glory Glory days.
Just found the thrashing of Man Utd on YouTube:

Do they allow toilet rolls into the stadium these days?

Back
Top Bottom