The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

French opening an official corruption enquiry, after a lengthy preliminary review, into the awarding of the World Cup to Qatar, with former UEFA chief and FIFA President wanabee Platini, former President of France Sarkozy and several other French people.

This will run for some time, but getting to this stage means the French prosecutors believe they have a very viable case.

Well, his first tweet made reference to Nasser being indicted so felt it should be here. But there are also about 4 other threads it could be posted too, so take your pick. It just emphasises the attitude the Middles East Sovereign State funded teams have.

Gotcha, just wasn't sure if it was meant to be in the City out of UCL thread.

As you point out, the attitude is horrendous.

I hope there are boycotts of the World Cup. The only thing these people understand is wealth - take its generation away from them.

Unfortunately, it's wishful thinking.

I guess I have to boycott this shit even though it makes me sad. The WC has always been the biggest sporting event to me

This is absolutely disgusting, and the worst part...is anyone really surprised?

I remember watching the double draw and when Russia was awarded the World Cup, I had reservations.

As soon as Qatar won and ever since, all I can think of is "Fifa you bunch of corrupt cunts"

Problem with FIFA is that they have almost governmental powers as the most influential group in the most influential sport in the modern age, yet there is no democratic process amongst people like us to oust obviously corrupt officials.
If Fifa was a country we would've hung half the bastards from the goalposts by now.

Sakarzy was up to his neck with the Qataris and it was one of the reasons why he instructed Platini to vote for the Qatar WC. Nice to see one of the dogy wankers responsaible for the travesty get some pay back

But that's not why he was convicted of fraud - did you read the article you posted?

But that's not why he was convicted of fraud - did you read the article you posted?
I know I just posted that "another dodgy bastard falls" I am celebrating that one of the Qatari bag men has fallen. I know its unrelated but it illustrates his character. And is therefore of interest in this thread.

I know I just posted that "another dodgy bastard falls" I am celebrating that one of the Qatari bag men has fallen. I know its unrelated but it illustrates his character. And is therefore of interest in this thread.
Where is the proof he’s a Qatari bag man?

another dodgy bastard falls

Not quite, gets to sit in his big house. There will be more about him in the future. Some of the things he did in relation to Libya are unbelievable (and I am not even talking about the previous investigation). Well unbelievable for here, France is just a corrupt mess. I was speaking to someone who had a case in France and he was convinced the judge was bribed to rule against his client.

Not quite, gets to sit in his big house. There will be more about him in the future. Some of the things he did in relation to Libya are unbelievable (and I am not even talking about the previous investigation). Well unbelievable for here, France is just a corrupt mess. I was speaking to someone who had a case in France and he was convinced the judge was bribed to rule against his client.
There not even unbelievable for here sadly 😔

There not even unbelievable for here sadly 😔
France is on another level for corruption, especially with the judiciary. Btw pretty much everything Sarkozy did was corrupt. I don't think he has done anything in his life without cheating in some way or trying to make money on the side. It is quite comical in a way.

France is on another level for corruption, especially with the judiciary. Btw pretty much everything Sarkozy did was corrupt. I don't think he has done anything in his life without cheating in some way or trying to make money on the side. It is quite comical in a way.
Oh know doubt he is totally bent but, from the garden Bridge to the provision of PPE, to arms sales to Saudis there's plenty of corruption right here.

Back
Top Bottom