Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was discussed in here, but one takeaway I had from our match vs. Fulham is I would like us to make a run at Andersen, guy looked great at CB imo.

I know he's on loan from Lyon, so not sure what the deal is there. But with him being on loan and the finances of French football, he'd hopefully be a cheapish pickup. He may not be elite yet but he's got a lot of tools and has been effective.

Him and Rodon would make an interesting long term CB pairing.

Maybe it was discussed in here, but one takeaway I had from our match vs. Fulham is I would like us to make a run at Andersen, guy looked great at CB imo.

I know he's on loan from Lyon, so not sure what the deal is there. But with him being on loan and the finances of French football, he'd hopefully be a cheapish pickup. He may not be elite yet but he's got a lot of tools and has been effective.

There seems to be a lot of love for Fulham players, for their midfielders, CB, and goalkeeper. Could it be bias because they have looked impressive against that?
They're in the relegation zone for a reason surely

I would hope we could do a lot better than Rodon but Andersen certainly looks good for Fulham this year.

I know last year he was not great in Lyon but that is looking more like a poor season than him being a poor player. Seems like a guy that we can afford and would make us better.

At Fulham he played both, but aside from speed his chief attribute playing as a LW seemed to be being in the right place right time as most of his goals seemed to be tap ins, and he didn't score much in P, just didn't have the creative skills.

Looks much better as a LB, so looks like Reguilon back up sorted next season. But we definitely over paid on current form.....although that's irrelevant now but doubt we'd ever get our money back if sold.

I think his reading/timing, as you say, and composure (he also created chances) when he got there were his strengths.

I remain to be convinced about him as a LB, but hope he can convince me, because good LB’s aren’t easy to find.

In the summer, assuming Sessegnon comes back from loan to be the alternate LB/LWB to Reguilon, we'll have 6 CB's available :

Alderweireld
Sanchez
Dier,
Rodon
Tanganga (CB can cover FB's)
Davies (as LCB/3rd LB)

I had expected Sanchez to be the first to leave until a few weeks ago (and maybe keep Davies until Christmas, dount if we get big fee) and Milenkovic to come in - plan being that Alderweireld to be the 'senior' CB next season and leave summer 2022..

But recently looks more like Sanchez staying and Dier leaving ?

Assuming we can only bring one CB in - who do you expect to be the :
- first CB to leave
- second CB to leave (maybe)

and which one CB comes in - needs to be good defender and capable at organising defence after Toby leaves ?

I wouldn't be adverse to a bid for Alfredo Morelos. He'd be cheap as chips IMO.

He has an eye for goal (yes I know it's only the SPL) however, the minimal outlay would cover the risk.

I've looked it up, and he only has one year left on his contract, and a reported released clause of 30 million euros.
I reckon it would be around £25 million. Let's go for it.
We won’t have 2.5m until players are sold. Players like Winks etc should be frozen out now and told to do one

According to a report from Tuttomercatoweb, Spurs are keen on signing Torino midfielder, Sasa Lukic, as an alternative to Marcel Sabitzer.

The 17-cap star is wanted by a host of Italian clubs.

However, Spurs and Palace may hold the advantage, with it claimed Lukic prefers a move to London if possible. That, of course, could very much put the ball in Daniel Levy’s court if Jose Mourinho wants the deal.

Lukic has played 21 times for Torino this season, scoring three goals. Very much an all-action midfielder, he can play through from a number six to a number ten if required.
This guy is the definition of average.
Luckily the source is Tier 1000 but still if we even try and pull a stunt like this...

Sander Berge?
When I've seen him, and he hasnt had his injury, he's looked promising.
The Blades look dull and are doomed for relegation. He should be someone we look at, shirley?

We and every other good club turned him down despite a low fee which is why he joined Sheffield United.

Were we and all other 'bigger' clubs wrong and we'll be back if Sheffield go down ?

Doubt if Spurs get involved with Hojbjerg and Skipp next season ?

Some adjustments based on feedback from others re contract running out, release clauses, HG:

GK: Lloris & Gazza (15M) → Pope (40M)

CB: Dier (27M) → Milenkovic (25M)

CB: Sanchez & Foyth (27M) → P. Torres (50M)

LB: Davies (5M) → Sessegnon

CM: Sissoko & Lamela (12M) → Skipp

CM: Alli (30M) → Sabitzer (30M)

CF: Vinicius → Toney (27M)

Net Spend: £57M

Additionally I think we need to address the RB position with Aurier (one year left on his contract and whilst not bad this season always has a costly error every half dozen games plus has been trying to leave for 2 summers ) and Doherty (what more can I say other than he's not lived up to his Wolves performances) - can we get our money back ?

I can't see us bringing in another player, so think we adjust your list to one RB and one CB rather than 2 CB's in.......and still stick with a low or even nil net spend given covid..... not easy I know.

Additionally I think we need to address the RB position with Aurier (one year left on his contract and whilst not bad this season always has a costly error every half dozen games plus has been trying to leave for 2 summers ) and Doherty (what more can I say other than he's not lived up to his Wolves performances) - can we get our money back ?

I can't see us bringing in another player, so think we adjust your list to one RB and one CB rather than 2 CB's in.......and still stick with a low or even nil net spend given covid..... not easy I know.
Fair point with Aurier. I thought he's playing well enough to earn a one year contract extension; and with my plan in the summer of 2022 we would replace Aurier and Bale with a new RB & RW.

The reason I'd prefer 2 CBs, although it's very unlikely given Levy's history, is that none of our current CBs fill me with confidence.
Toby is our best CB but declining with age, and that trajectory could continue into 2022. Dier and Sanchez are both very error prone, and have terrible ball distribution. Rodon and Tanganga appear too inexperienced.

As for the net spend... Levy has to take some risks in this transfer window if he wants to see us take the next step. I'll keep my eye out for bargains to try and get that net spend £30M or below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom