Aston villa vs Spurs Sunday 21st March 19:30 Sky Sports

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

See Moura has come out and says the squad back Jose. I tell you what if we turn this around and Jose does as well this will be Jose's finest hour as a coach in his career. Without a doubt. If he unearth players just there for the money and thats the reasons for our failings I will tip my hat off the Jose. One swallow dont make a summer but if we go on a run now and the metality improves Jose deserves big credit. The nearly men tag has to change and the players must want it.
For top 4 I think we need to win 7 of the last 9. If we can do that then it would show the team is moving in a good direction I reckon.

Most of Africa think that Lineker dived to get two pens vs Cameroon in the World Cup 1990. Quite possibly did but who cares.
And who cares if Harry manufactures a pen vs France in the euro final.
It's particularly bizarre from ex-pros, who have spent their careers trying to gain an advantage over their opponents every time they step onto a football pitch. Whether that's trying to get a player carded, to claiming a throw-in or corner when it came off them last. It doesn't matter if they are defenders or attackers, just as much shit goes on in a tackle as there is when an attacker is looking for a pen, by ensuring when they get to their feet they tread on the oppo accidentally, or when they land they twist their body to make sure they land on top, with a pointed elbow out for good measure.

It's why I love many of our South American friends who are absolutely open about the game and correctly see this side of the game as part of the game, which it absolutely is.

It's up to the ref to not get conned, VAR is as we now know not there to overturn a decision, so I find it even more staggering why a ref before giving a pen doesn't go over to a monitor to be sure of his decision. Everything is there available to him to prevent a player from conning him. No one likes to be conned, it makes you look like a mug, so imagine having a device at your disposal that prevents this from ever happening to you and you don't use it!!!!

All of this of course isn't the case with this Kane pen yesterday, it's a clear pen, nothing cute or clever about it, it's a blatant foul, but here again before awarding it why not have the ref review a monitor, so he can "sell it" to the TV audience (oh and why not have the monitors next to the gaol instead of the fucking halfway line just to speed it up a bit!!)

You know what I meant!
I Didnt Say That Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

Lucas was excellent last night, his best overall game for us. He was been playing really well the last few games. When he goes on his mazy runs it's like Ndombele on crack, somehow manages to get past 2/3 players and looks like he's about to lose the ball but manages to get there before an opposition player does.

Tanganga, brilliant. I'm a huge fan of his and I hope to see him as our starting CB in the future. It's a good idea to give him regular game time at RB at the moment though.

The penalty was 100% a foul. Kane tried a skill, completely messed it up but the defender stupidly swiped him out. The funny thing is when Gundogan tried the same/similar skill against us he fouled PEH and was awarded a penalty but you didn't see people kicking off about that. I know a few pundits did say that the Gundogan shouldn't have been given but look at the difference in the wording and the actual criticism when it's Kane.

Lucas was excellent last night, his best overall game for us. He was been playing really well the last few games. When he goes on his mazy runs it's like Ndombele on crack, somehow manages to get past 2/3 players and looks like he's about to lose the ball but manages to get there before an opposition player does.

Tanganga, brilliant. I'm a huge fan of his and I hope to see him as our starting CB in the future. It's a good idea to give him regular game time at RB at the moment though.

The penalty was 100% a foul. Kane tried a skill, completely messed it up but the defender stupidly swiped him out. The funny thing is when Gundogan tried the same/similar skill against us he fouled PEH and was awarded a penalty but you didn't see people kicking off about that. I know a few pundits did say that the Gundogan shouldn't have been given but look at the difference in the wording and the actual criticism when it's Kane.
Your last sentence should be stuffed down the throat of every commentator, journalist and opposition fan that treats Harry like he's the devil incarnate.

Your last sentence should be stuffed down the throat of every commentator, journalist and opposition fan that treats Harry like he's the devil incarnate.

Looking at the hate and criticism he gets all the time, you wouldn't think that this guy is amongst the top 3 strikers in the world, captain of England, England's best player and based on form, the best player in the league this season. Add to that his goal scoring record since his debut, his charity work and many other things he has achieved.

I know we won but I thought Mourinho made 2 massive tactical errors yesterday

1. The two up front didn't work. It could work if Kane/Vinicius' roles are swapped but in essence Vinicius cannot hold the ball up. So having Vinicius more advanced than Kane and required to hold up the ball doesn't work. Much better if Kane holds the ball up and then Vinicius makes the runs , like Kane/Son. (I suspect we may see Kane/Son front 2 in the league next game perhaps).

2. Lo Celso's position was really bizzare. At times it was 10 , at times it was CM , at times it was RM. The main problem was that Tanganga kept getting 2v1'd and that at times no one was supporting him. Sometimes it was Lo Celso sometimes Hojbjerg other times no -one. So at times in the midfield players wern't there and at times Villa got in down that side too easily.

2 mistakes that Mourinho shouldn't have made. Hopefully he doesn't make the same mistake against Newcastle although I feel he'll go for a more traditional 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 .

Just a little thing I noticed.
Nearly all of them had mud all over their shirt.
I love to see it when the players are tackling and blocking all over the pitch. Putting in full commitment to challenges and the game itself. Good to see.

Saw that abramovich interview in forbes magazine. Spent bllions at chelsea and in that time still hasnt hasnt had a shave. Scruffy bastard. Maybe russian technology is behind the times with shavers. Makes a tramp look tidy imo.

He is a real all round bell end that seems to forget Spurs paid his wages for 3 years the entitled arsehole
And also supported him when his son was ill giving him time off etc when we desperately short up front at a crucial time in the season!

Looking at the hate and criticism he gets all the time, you wouldn't think that this guy is amongst the top 3 strikers in the world, captain of England, England's best player and based on form, the best player in the league this season. Add to that his goal scoring record since his debut, his charity work and many other things he has achieved.
Same thing happened to rooney...
England loves bringing down our best talents

Jasphet was very good on the ball and showed some nice touches. If he gets properly coached he can be RB/CB long term for us and no need to waste money buying someone in. Obviously we still another player especially if we move on dier.
Moura has been excellent last 4/5 games which makes his performance v goons puzzling. Up until then he was really pressing and running at teams. Something he only did in the last 15 mins v goons. Don’t understand why it wasn’t the same v goons all game?

Just a little thing I noticed.
Nearly all of them had mud all over their shirt.
I love to see it when the players are tackling and blocking all over the pitch. Putting in full commitment to challenges and the game itself. Good to see.

Lucas looks like that after warm ups. Never seen a player spend so much time on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom