Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had a decent game for Ireland on Wednesday. I'll repeat that I feel he's getting a bit of a raw deal (acknowledging he's been quite poor for us). There are elements of his RB play that are embarrassingly bad which weren't exposed because of the system he played in at Wolves, it's not really his fault that we've brought him in and not used him in that role. Opening day against Everton I think he might have been our best player going forward but was subbed because he just can't defend well when on the back foot.

Think he'd be a perfectly decent signing for a team playing with wing backs because he attacks and defends effectively in those systems, while managing neither at the right of a back four.

Awful job by Mr Levy, scouting Dept, Jose and whoever else has blood on their hands.

Had a decent game for Ireland on Wednesday. I'll repeat that I feel he's getting a bit of a raw deal (acknowledging he's been quite poor for us). There are elements of his RB play that are embarrassingly bad which weren't exposed because of the system he played in at Wolves, it's not really his fault that we've brought him in and not used him in that role. Opening day against Everton I think he might have been our best player going forward but was subbed because he just can't defend well when on the back foot.

Think he'd be a perfectly decent signing for a team playing with wing backs because he attacks and defends effectively in those systems, while managing neither at the right of a back four.

Awful job by Mr Levy, scouting Dept, Jose and whoever else has blood on their hands.
Yeah, again, we ain’t building our team around him. If he’s too “special” then he needs to find another team because the special he is ain’t the type that’s positive!

That was a criminal offence. Some form of tax avoidance scam....better players in the Conference than him. Doherty was likely just lazy, no doubt the two Portuguese cunts took some benefit but we should have known better
Agreed - pathetic from Jose and is mate

When Doherty arrived I was pleased as when he played against us which is the only times I saw him, he played well. He is an International player and well respected. Now he has been a disappointment and it has not worked out. Lots of debate about playing him as a WB rather than FB but he should be able to adapt but has not. Hopefully his reputation is still intact and that he is saleable and can leave in the summer. However to talk about it being something underhand in the transfer is not something I can accept. Some players just do not perform at some clubs but do at others.

When Doherty arrived I was pleased as when he played against us which is the only times I saw him, he played well. He is an International player and well respected. Now he has been a disappointment and it has not worked out. Lots of debate about playing him as a WB rather than FB but he should be able to adapt but has not. Hopefully his reputation is still intact and that he is saleable and can leave in the summer. However to talk about it being something underhand in the transfer is not something I can accept. Some players just do not perform at some clubs but do at others.

Exactly. There’s some utter nonsense in this thread. Aurier only has a year left on his contract so if he doesn’t sign another one he’ll be sold. If that’s the case we won’t buy two right backs and Doherty will stay I suspect.

Back
Top Bottom