The Non League Football Thread ⚽

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wealdstone beaten at home by Notts County earlier. A little too close to the relegation spots for comfort.

stones.png
There is no relegation this season.
That was decided in middle of last month when they cancelled the North and South divisions for season.

Wealdstone beaten at home by Notts County earlier. A little too close to the relegation spots for comfort.

stones.png
Used to go to Barnet games when I couldn't get Spurs tickets (before I got a season ticket). It's shocking to see them 2nd bottom.

Relatively new ground (they own), football League quality training ground (also own), just disbanded their football league level academy and have an owner worth over £100m.

Going to speak to a few mates who still go and follow them to see how it's gone so wrong.

Wow just wow!

What an achievement!
I've only been to Hornchurch once. A friend was visiting from the US and I couldn't take him to WHL as we were away. He wanted to go to a game and Hornchurch were at home, so we went there. I remember it being a friendly club, with everyone seeming to start the game in the clubhouse. I can't remember who the opposition was, but that it was pouring down with rain and a 0-0 draw.
i hope they win.

I've only been to Hornchurch once. A friend was visiting from the US and I couldn't take him to WHL as we were away. He wanted to go to a game and Hornchurch were at home, so we went there. I remember it being a friendly club, with everyone seeming to start the game in the clubhouse. I can't remember who the opposition was, but that it was pouring down with rain and a 0-0 draw.
i hope they win.
Lol that's another yank lost to the game

i hope they win.

Great club, I played for them briefly in the early 90,s, but then I discovered house music and alcohol, 10 years later I was playing over Parsloes Park on .sunday mornings lol

Mark Stimson is the manager at the mo, one of our old boys

would be ridiculous if they won, the Trophy is the FA Cup of non league!

Great club, I played for them briefly in the early 90,s, but then I discovered house music and alcohol, 10 years later I was playing over Parsloes Park on .sunday mornings lol

Mark Stimson is the manager at the mo, one of our old boys

would be ridiculous if they won, the Trophy is the FA Cup of non league!
I remember Mark Stimson.
I thought at that time how great it would be to support a small club, as you would really feel part of it. Trouble is, you can't help who you fall in love with, and I can't see me feeling the same about another club.
Gosh, how soppy is that!!!
Fingers crossed for a Hornchurch victory.

I remember Mark Stimson.
I thought at that time how great it would be to support a small club, as you would really feel part of it. Trouble is, you can't help who you fall in love with, and I can't see me feeling the same about another club.
Gosh, how soppy is that!!!
Fingers crossed for a Hornchurch victory.

Hopefully it’s on BT , my old man who was heavily involved in coaching at a non league level is 80 now, so I’m going to fork out for a months subscription so we can have a bit of a knees up watching it!

Three losses on the bounce, not looking good for Wealdstone for the future. Need to be better next season.

:wansum:

Last edited:
Three losses on the bounce, not looking good for Wealdstone for the future. Need to be better next season.

:wansum:

It's been a very odd and difficult season. No way to know what would have happened if it had been a normal season. There are some huge names in there too who will have a much bigger base and budget the the Stones. I'm sure that they would have taken staying up as a minimum at the start of the season.

Today I learned that Dag & Red are owned by the same group that owns my local USL club here in Memphis. So I guess I have to amend where my allegiance will shift when Levy brings this ESL shit up again.

Back
Top Bottom