Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd feel a lot more confident about his future with a different, more progressive manager.
If ever there was a player that isn't suited to Mourinho ball it's Tanguy. Hopefully the dinosaur won't be here next year and we can see a modern coach get the best out of his undoubted ability.
Reminds me of KDB and salah under Mourinho”S charge they went onto flourish under other managers

I'd feel a lot more confident about his future with a different, more progressive manager.
If ever there was a player that isn't suited to Mourinho ball it's Tanguy. Hopefully the dinosaur won't be here next year and we can see a modern coach get the best out of his undoubted ability.
Bullshit.
He will never be hungry enough to be the player he should be given his talent.

Bullshit.
He will never be hungry enough to be the player he should be given his talent.
Some people believe players can just suddenly turn it on. You either truly have that desire, to show all of your natural ability, or you don't. Tanguy is very much in the latter. That's not to say he's isn't already a good player or won't have a very good career.

If he had just half of Kane's desire and mentality he would be a world-beater. I'd water he won't even be at the club in 12 months time.

Lovely to see how we've gone from hating him, to loving him and back to hating him again. And people think football fans are reactionary.

I'm announcing the 4th Wave Loving Him movement. Get on board now before it becomes passé
I do not believe we have gone back to hating him but just believe he is capable of more. Some players simply are not capable of how much he does.

Reminds me of KDB and salah under Mourinho”S charge they went onto flourish under other managers
He doesn’t remind me of players like Lampard, Ozil, Sneijder, Drogba, Terry, Matic, Hazard, Ronaldo, who all absolutely improved and thrived under Mourinho. Just a few off the top of my head. I could probably name a few dozen for my list. You could add Luke Shaw to yours.

Not a right back. Marginally better if at all than sanchez today. That right side cost us today. Both him and sanchez were utter wank.

He was playing so well in the 1st half. Manager changes tactics, we go away from playing through the middle, and he becomes anonymous besides the 2-3 times we were able to get him the ball up the pitch.

I wouldn't say it was his fault, it's more the manager going away from what was (sort of) working for me.

He can't last 90 minutes. That tired "pass" he made in the 90th minute was a disgrace.
Supposed to be playing deep but did not help the defence...trying to be AM he is behind the pace most of the time.
Every single game he goes on the missing list.
The guy has so much talent but he ain't got a football antenna.
But the most damning thing about him is he does not look like he cares.

I think he played quite well, even Mourinho singled him out for praise post-match.

He’s never going to be Dembele, that’s clear, he can’t dominate a game from the centre or defend robustly. But he can produce regular moments of quality that create chances for others and he can recover a few balls here and there.

He can't last 90 minutes. That tired "pass" he made in the 90th minute was a disgrace.
Supposed to be playing deep but did not help the defence...trying to be AM he is behind the pace most of the time.
Every single game he goes on the missing list.
The guy has so much talent but he ain't got a football antenna.
But the most damning thing about him is he does not look like he cares.
100% plays in the engine room of the team and he is not prepared to graft.
He is a luxury player that we as a team are not good enough to carry.
45 minutes and he is fucked he does not have the desire to improve his fitness sell ASAP

Back
Top Bottom