Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bloody enjoyable game, couldn't take my eyes off it!!!

Bayern the better side but what a performance by PSG, weakened by 8 or 9 players out through suspension/illness/injury, away from home against the best team in the world (between them or City) But Poch was brave, kept 4 attacking players on the pitch, that threat had Bayern drop 10yrds more than usual, meaning PSG weren't camped on the edge of their box (but they were obviously deep but it could have been deeper).

I don't understand the need a few have on here to disparage Kane at every single opportunity.

Mbappe is a generational talent, the heir to the original Ronaldo and ready to become the world's best player.

Kane isn't at that level but he's still a great striker and both us and England are lucky to have him.
Could not agree more, it is truly unbelievable. I saw Andy Booth play for us like many on here , cherish Kane he is a true legend of the club

Brilliant game to watch for the neutral. PSG survived the onslaught somehow, and were clinical. Bayern must be tearing their hair out, a couple of the goals conceded you'd say were avoidable and they had what seemed an incredible amount of ball/openings right in front of the PSG goal.

Should be a cracking second leg too. Bayern have to go for it and will think they can turn it around PSG have the scary threat on the counter. Bring it on.

That's the conventional wisdom round these parts but it's not necessarily true is it? As I've stated elsewhere there is another guy on that sideline paid to try win this game too. Flick couldn't be sure how Poch was going to play. He should be credited for acting instead of the stupid custom of waiting for HT for fear of hurting some shitty player's feelings/confidence. There are many other possible explanations before adjudging him to have made a lineup mistake.
Or he could have simply made some personnel changes with the players he already has on the pitch without the need to make two subs!

There are loads of ways to cut this without knowing the facts but to make two subs so early in the game means he got it wrong. Great that he doesn't have the ego not to delay the change.

I'm not too sure what he did tactically by making the change, they appeared to be playing the same way, still creating quality chances before and after the change, so I'd question the wisdom or reason here (unless it was for injury).

I don't like giving Chelsea players credit, but it's still mind blowing to me that there are people around that still don't really rate Mason Mount. The guy is brilliant, and he has the mentality to go with his ability. He may not excel at anything in-particular, but he's very, very good at most things. I'd have him at Spurs in a second. He would walk into our midfield.

Bayern are rotten at the back. If they played City it could be a cricket score either way.

Last edited:
That was a great game. So much quality, so much flowing football. Everybody on the pitch, including CBs, comfortable with the ball at their feet. I don't know if I saw anybody pass back to the keeper, well probably 4-5 times total. These two teams play a different brand of football.

I don't like giving Chelaea players credit, but it's still mind blowing to me that there are people around that still don't really rate Mason Mount. The guy is brilliant, and he has the mentality to go with his ability. He may not excel at anything in-particular, but he's very, very good at most things. I'd have him at Spurs in a second. He would walk into our midfield.

Bayern are rotten at the back. If they played City it could be a cricket score either way.
Bayern’s defense is pretty weak this season. Has cost them several games.

Back
Top Bottom