Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m not sure you’re following.
His conversion rate is 17%, it doesn’t fluctuate with what team he plays for

The player puts away 17% of his chances
That won’t be 40% if he joins City

It’s not low because he’s at Spurs, it’s low because that’s how he is as a footballer

debruyne will litteraly be putting it on a plate for him. Harry could/will Score 40 a season in a city shirt

Funny gif
You just said if the team created more, Kane would score more.

I agree. He doesn’t do well on minimal chances because he’s not clinical enough.

All very logical, don’t be Joey from Friends, it’s not difficult
If you think he’s not being clinical, you’re Joey from Friends. I just showed you a graph that assumes we’re the most clinical team in the league. What else do you want lol

Let’s have a TFC singalong

Hit It!
Nah, na na na nah
Here comes the hot stepper, murderer
I'm the lyrical gangster, murderer
Pick up the crew in-a de area, murderer
Still love you like that, murderer
No no we don't die, yes we multiply
Anyone test will hear the fat lady sing
Act like you know, Rico
I know what Bo don't know
Touch them up and go, uh-oh!
Ch-ch-chang chang
Excuse me mister officer, murderer
Extraordinary, juice like a strawberry
Money to burn baby, all of the time
Cut to fade is me, fade to cut is she
Come juggle with me, I say every time
Dial emergency number, murderer
Nah, na na na nah, it's how we do it man
Nah, na na na nah
Start like a jackrabbit, finish in front of it
On the night is jack , that's it, understand?
I'm the daddy of the mack daddy
His are left in gold, maybe
Ain't no homie gonna play me, top celebrity man
Murderer, I'm the lyrical gangster, murderer
Act like you know, G go, I know what Bo don't know
Touch them up and go, uh-oh
Ch-ch-chang chang
Pick up the crew in-a the area, murderer
Nah, na na na nah yeah man
Nah, na na na nah right
Big up all crew bow ya, murderer
I'm the lyrical danger, murderer
Here comes the Hot stepper
I'm the lyrical gangster
I'm a live in-a me danger
Still love you like that
Hey, da da da da

Let’s have a TFC singalong

Hit It!
Nah, na na na nah
Pick up the crew in-a de area, murderer
Act like you know, Rico
I know what Bo don't know
Touch them up and go, uh-oh!
Ch-ch-chang chang
Extraordinary, juice like a strawberry
Money to burn baby, all of the time
Cut to fade is me, fade to cut is she
Come juggle with me, I say every time
Dial emergency number, murderer
Nah, na na na nah, it's how we do it man
Nah, na na na nah
Start like a jackrabbit, finish in front of it
On the night is jack , that's it, understand?
I'm the daddy of the mack daddy
His are left in gold, maybe
Ain't no homie gonna play me, top celebrity man
Murderer, I'm the lyrical gangster, murderer
Act like you know, G go, I know what Bo don't know
Touch them up and go, uh-oh
Ch-ch-chang chang
Nah, na na na nah yeah man
Nah, na na na nah right
Big up all crew bow ya, murderer
I'm the lyrical danger, murderer
Here comes the Hot stepper
I'm the lyrical gangster
I'm a live in-a me danger
Still love you like that
Hey, da da da da

You know what's really annoying? Haaland has been popularly rated world class since almost the first kick of his breakout season while Kane had to replicate his breakout season several times before people afforded him the same recognition.

Last edited:
You seem to be all about how great we are attacking, and shooting while claiming we don’t do that
The reality is that the "great attack" is Kane (and Son). I don't think the attack would be much, if at all, better than the defence if you took away those two players.

The relevance to the point is that it's much harder to score if you're top heavy in a way that depends on one or two players. A great attack in that context means "able to put up great goalscoring numbers in spite of the rest of the team". If you're having to get the ball to one specific player rather than any of several players who can also score, you're going to score a lot less in total.

Also I think you're leaving out the role of the midfield in creating the chances. I don't rate Spurs' midfield anywhere near as highly as some on here seem to, which makes it not at all surprising to me that Kane doesn't get an abundance of chances.

All of the above is how it's possible to have a great attack that still doesn't have too many goalscoring opportunities.

Last edited:
17% is a good conversion rate. Strikers with rates over 20% tend to shoot conservatively and almost always from inside the box. If Kane has a 25% rate with England, he's probably capable of playing in that more conservative style and is doing things differently at Spurs. What the fuck even is this debate?

The fluctuations caused by the varying difficulty of shots is the reason xG exists. Use it. (This is one of the cases where I wholeheartedly endorse its use as a statistically sound metric of comparison.)

Last edited:
So sell Kane and buy all three of them. Kane is the best footballer on the planet.

He is the complete footballer. Attack, midfield and defence.
We aren’t City though. I didn’t say Vardy would score 40 here, just like Kane doesn’t score 40 here.

Don’t you think it’s a bit silly this argument that putting Kane in the best team in the planet will prove he can score lots?

He already scores lots, because he shoots lots. Put Mbappe or Lewandoski at City they could get 60 in a season, so what. All with a fraction of the shots it would take Kane to do that.

They would also, however, infinitely improve this teams attack.
Maybe you can’t see the difference, or don’t want to.

Has any top team ever made a serious enquiry or bid for Kane or shown genuine credible serious interest. He’s 28 soon, why hasn’t anyone seen it?
Yet already there’s vultures circling Haaland

This thread has become AIDS

Our very own sagging off our best player in a generation and possibly the best PL striker of all time.

Shameful scenes

We aren’t City though. I didn’t say Vardy would score 40 here, just like Kane doesn’t score 40 here.

Don’t you think it’s a bit silly this argument that putting Kane in the best team in the planet will prove he can score lots?

He already scores lots, because he shoots lots. Put Mbappe or Lewandoski at City they could get 60 in a season, so what.

They would also, however, infinitely improve this teams attack.
Maybe you can’t see the difference, or don’t want to.
I’ve never before seen the best footballer on the planet play for us. Maybe Jimmy Greaves, but I was mewling in my Mother’s arms at the time.

I don’t need to dissect Kane’s contribution or ability. You only have to watch to see he’s so much better than the other players you mention.

This is my opinion and there’s nothing you can say to change me from that.

I’ve never before seen the best footballer on the planet play for us. Maybe Jimmy Greaves, but I was mewling in my Mother’s arms at the time.

I don’t need to dissect Kane’s contribution or ability. You only have to watch to see he’s so much better than the other players you mention.

Kane is so much better than Mbappe but Mbappe went to PSG and Kane is so much better than Lewandoski who went to Bayern Munich and so much better than Salah who went to Liverpool and won 100 trophies between them.

Kane at 28 was free to stay at a failing Spurs side his whole career and no big club ever showed interest.
You call it loyalty, I call it lack of options.

Kane is so much better than Mbappe but Mbappe went to PSG and Kane is so much better than Lewandoski who went to Bayern Munich and so much better than Salah who went to Liverpool and won 100 trophies between them.

Kane at 28 was free to stay at a failing Spurs side his whole career and no big club ever showed interest.
You call it loyalty, I call it lack of options.
Well I never called it loyalty or anything even close. I said I enjoy watching the best footballer on the planet play for us. The other players you mention aren’t even close in my humble opinion.

Kane is brilliant, he’s Spurs and that’s the end of it for me. I’m not going to get into an argument with you about how Jamie Vardy is the more gifted footballer.

I was pretty good at one on ones when I played, but I won zero awards for my defence splitting passes lol. That’s why I nail cable to walls.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom