Tottenham vs City - EFL Cup Final - Ref Fucks Up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have no objection if our allocation goes to NHS staff who are Spurs supporters. I have no idea why anyone else would want to go to a game unless they support a club, TBH.

I’m quietly confident that our 8-2-0 formation will take the game to City and world class talents like Sanchez, Aurier and Holjberg will dominate the game and not make twenty poor decisions like normal

Yes. About 1.2m.
So.....the chances of me getting in....and seeing a Spurs win.....

Feeling+lucky.png

I think we've definitely got a chance. I'm sure he'll revert to the double pivot so PEH/Sissoko sat in front of a back 4, low block, then hit them with Son/Kane Lucas on the counter. Tanguy drifting around as a 10 before he gets subbed for GLC after 60 mins. Bale on after about 75. Dele for the last 5 minutes..

It's easy this management lark..

:mourweird:

Let's be honest, that system and style was the only one that delivered consistent performances and results. It was not always pleasant to watch but it was football that matched with Mourinho's principles.

Since we lost at Anfield and the noise about our turgid football got louder, Mourinho has contorted himself into playing more expansive football that he clearly doesn't really believe in. Every time he is asked about us being too open he answers "normally you say we are too defensive", he should just stop trying to appease the critics now. He has 9 matches to save his job and his reputation and he shouldn't waste them trying to be something he's not.

The only way we win this final is to go back to turtle-ball and it's the only way to stabilise our defence until we can make changes in the summer. If we try to play expansively with a knackered Hojbjerg and Ndombele against City's midfield, we may as well forfeit the match.

Back
Top Bottom