Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Dippers never seem to get mentioned as a potential destination for Harry.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Salah moved on this summer, in which case they’ll be on the lookout for a new striker. He’s been making some noises about Real Madrid and he seems to be a divisive enough figure in the dressing room, not getting on with Mane and Firminio apparently.

Last edited:
We define world class differently though and I’ve explained this 100 pages ago but you snowflakes can’t comprehend anything that doesn’t agree with you.

I judge world class as all time, not just present.

That’s all there is to it. I can name what in my opinion is five better strikers since the year 2000. I don’t have world class levels 1-5.

You’re world class or you’re not.

If the top ten strikers retired tomorrow, that doesn’t make Danny Ings world class
So by your definition of world class, we've never had a world class player at the club because nobody at this club has ever been as good as messi, ronaldo,pele, maradona, zidane for example

Yes of course in the history of football there's 5 better strikers than Harry Kane, I don't think anyone on here would argue that, but that's not what most people define as world class.

But again each to their own, there's no clear definitive right answer to what word class is.

NINTH!!!!!
But he’s the best!!!!

Gooners writing articles everywhere!!!!!

Aubamayang above kane hahaha

Conveniently left out this list

So by your definition of world class, we've never had a world class player at the club because nobody at this club has ever been as good as messi, ronaldo,pele, maradona, zidane for example

Yes of course in the history of football there's 5 better strikers than Harry Kane, I don't think anyone on here would argue that, but that's not what most people define as world class.

But again each to their own, there's no clear definitive right answer to what word class is.
What are you talking about?
In my opinion, Bale competes with all time forwards, and Modric with all time CMs

Probably the only two since Klinsmann, I don’t count Eriksen, Dele and Walker as world class, I think that’s the levels people are hilariously using.

I don’t think Kane competes with the best all time strikers. I said five, I could fairly easily make that 10, just the way it is.

He’s a top bracket player, but not elite imo, and I’ve explained why he falls short

Aubamayang above kane hahaha

Conveniently left out this list
Didn’t see it that’s all, you found one list of about ten that has Kane in a top 5

He’s not even in any of the all time lists

Point being, not everyone that doesn’t think Kane is one of the best strikers that ever lived is a gooner troll, simply rate him differently.

What are you talking about?
In my opinion, Bale competes with all time forwards, and Modric with all time CMs

Probably the only two since Klinsmann, o don’t count Eriksen, Dele and Walker as world class, I think that’s the levels people are hilariously using.

I don’t think Kane competes with the best all time strikers. I said five, I could fairly easily make that 10, just the way it is.

He’s a top bracket player, but not elite imo, and I’ve explained why he falls short
You said you judge world class as all time, Bale does not compete with Ronaldo and messi as all time forwards or wingers or however you want to describe them. The same way Kane doesn't compete with Pele, yet you consider bale world class and kane not.

Didn’t see it that’s all, you found one list of about ten that has Kane in a top 5

He’s not even in any of the all time lists

Point being, not everyone that doesn’t think Kane is one of the best strikers that ever lived is a gooner troll, simply rate him differently.
Was the very first article that popped up when typing top 10 strikers in the world

Again I don't think you have any arguments that Kane is one of the best strikers that ever lived, but he's certainly one of the best in the world right now and has been for the past 5 or so years and will go down as the best in our history, not hard to understand why you have pushback when consistently trying to highlight his flaws.

You said you judge world class as all time, Bale does not compete with Ronaldo and messi as all time forwards or wingers or however you want to describe them. The same way Kane doesn't compete with Pele, yet you consider bale world class and kane not.
But that’s your opinion. I’ve seen Bale do what Ronaldo can do on a regular basis thanks, I rate Ronaldo higher, like some rate Messi over Ronaldo, still both world class though.

I don’t see Kane as I do Van Nistleroy or Kluivert. Fairly sure Barca fans don’t either.
Sorry not sorry.

Was the very first article that popped up when typing top 10 strikers in the world

Again I don't think you have any arguments that Kane is one of the best strikers that ever lived, but he's certainly one of the best in the world right now and has been for the past 5 or so years and will go down as the best in our history, not hard to understand why you have pushback when consistently trying to highlight his flaws.
“Right now” is your measurement though not mine.
Kane is a top bracket player, as I’ve said.....but who’s the competition?
Benteke, Ings, Rashford, Jesus, Aguero, Halland, Mbappé, Lewandoski (who’s 50), Aubameyang, Vardy, Salah........

So what if he’s better than most strikers, it’s hardly brimming with elite talent

“Right now” is your measurement though nkt mine.
Kane is a top bracket player, as I’ve said.....but who’s the competition?
Benteke, Ings, Rashford, Jesus, Aguero, Halland, Mbappé, Lewandoski (who’s 50), Aubameyang, Vardy, Salah........

So what if he’s better than most strikers, it’s hardly brimming with elite talent
"has been for the past 5 or so years"

Take Benteke, Ings, Jesus and rashford out of there, put in benzema, Higuain, Lukaku, and suarez thats pretty elite list hes been at the top or near the top of yeah.

"has been for the past 5 or so years"

Take Benteke, Ings, Jesus and rashford out of there, put in benzema, Higuain, Lukaku, and suarez thats pretty elite list hes been at the top or near the top of yeah.
None of Higuain, Lukaku, Benzema or Suarez make my world class lists. I’d agree Kane competes with them

He’s a PL striker that I guess we are ranking Kane against
That’s my point......we are talking about the PL here. Can you name all the world class strikers in England?

You will say Kane probably and that’s it. That’s my point.
But if that's your point then what was bales competition in 2013...

Wasn't many world class wingers knocking about in the prem at that time, Utd won the league with Valencia, a 41 year old ryan giggs and Ashley Young as their wide players, that doesn't mean Bale wasn't world class.

None of Higuain, Lukaku, Benzema or Suarez make my world class lists. I’d agree Kane competes with them

Hmmmm..... I am not getting into the Kane argument. Said my bits.

On this it's am interesting one and I am going to comment on it.

Just need to consider how long the debate will go on for but it is a good list for comparison.

Before I do respond can you say which strikers in the last 20 years who in terms of strikers you would say is world class?

Back
Top Bottom