Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The debate was around whether Kane fails to perform in big games and/or better defenses and why he may or may not fail to deliver in those games. I initially made the point that he scores in buckets against 80-90% of defenses/teams but can be marked out of games relatively easily by better defenses.

I attributed that to a lack of elite level athleticism/physical tools (pace/strength/mobility etc) that several top drawer strikers have shown to have. A good defense can outmaneuver players that have quality/high IQ but absolutely no one can stop players that have both quality/high IQ AND elite level athleticism when they are on their game. Think both Ronaldos, Messi, Henry, prime Bale etc etc.
Is there any evidence to show that Kane doesn't score in big games? He has a good record against the big teams in the PL, no?

Is there any evidence to show that Kane doesn't score in big games? He has a good record against the big teams in the PL, no?
I think Totti Totti looked into this a while back and the conclusion was that he scores significantly less against top 4-6 sides. But this is ultimately a subjective debate because there are obviously many variables that play into this.

Some will say he has delivered and some will say he hasn't. The one thing we can definitively say is that we haven't won a trophy with Kane as our talisman but have gotten very close several times.

Again, great player and I think he's been top 3 striker in the world over the past 5 years but I think he just falls short of being among the truly elite and I attribute this due to some of his physical limitations.

I think Totti Totti looked into this a while back and the conclusion was that he scores significantly less against top 4-6 sides. But this is ultimately a subjective debate because there are obviously many variables that play into this.

Some will say he has delivered and some will say he hasn't. The one thing we can definitively say is that we haven't won a trophy with Kane as our talisman but have gotten very close several times.

Again, great player and I think he's been top 3 striker in the world over the past 5 years but I think he just falls short of being among the truly elite and I attribute this due to some of his physical limitations.

Mate, glad you have come into this because your points cannot be seen as anything but objective and independent.

I agree with much of it but also believe Kane could and must do more to take that final step despite any lack of physicality or athleticism.

Part of it is just being relaxed yet as good in the key moments. Hard to explain but when you see the very very best it's like they are playing a friendly.

I think that If Kane were to be The player in the League Cup final and I don't just mean scoring but being the Decisive player on the pitch it would be the start of that small but giant step to the summit.

Last edited:
This kind of criticism is exactly why I'm worried about Kane staying at Spurs for his whole career. But to hear it coming from a Spurs fan is incredible. It's your club he's potentially destroying his legacy to help!

If you don't believe that some of the huge clubs have spoken to Spurs behind the scenes about Kane, I don't know what to tell you. >90% of the real business happens out of our view and >90% of the business that's visible to us is pure theatre.

Spare me the amature dramatics, ffs it’s embarrassing

You like Kane because he scores goals.
If he didn’t, you’d treat him like Winks.
It’s as simple, shallow and self centered as that.

People acting like they are all about Spurs, you don’t give a fuck about 99% of the people at this club. Fuck off preaching to me pal, it’s not about Kane, it’s about you.

I’ve hurt your feelings, not Kane’s. Know the difference sad sack, your just text online, just like me. No one gives a fuck how much you rate Kane in the real world.

Yes, yes, I see how it works....no one has bid for Kane, so you make up an imaginary story where they have

Good one

Last edited:
Sorry mate, I do what I like.

I take no sides and find that if I don't agree with someone and as long as they are not abusive, then I am content with how and what they post.

Ssmmyspurs has his faults like we all do but he also makes some very insightful posts in my opinion.

On Kane it is for others to engage as much as they see fit. I like some of the debate.

On strikers and the perception of what makes some world class and others not, I think it is quite an intellectual debate but only one you can have if you have objectivity and football knowledge.

Some people fall well short of one or both elements and therefore view those who do have some understanding as difficult or worse.
I never said you shouldn't do want you want mate. I just don't understand how anyone can find Sammy a useful use of their life...

We aren’t City though. I didn’t say Vardy would score 40 here, just like Kane doesn’t score 40 here.

Don’t you think it’s a bit silly this argument that putting Kane in the best team in the planet will prove he can score lots?

He already scores lots, because he shoots lots. Put Mbappe or Lewandoski at City they could get 60 in a season, so what. All with a fraction of the shots it would take Kane to do that.

They would also, however, infinitely improve this teams attack.
Maybe you can’t see the difference, or don’t want to.

Has any top team ever made a serious enquiry or bid for Kane or shown genuine credible serious interest. He’s 28 soon, why hasn’t anyone seen it?
Yet already there’s vultures circling Haaland

and why do you think that is? It’s because if they did enquire they would be met with levy dick in hand laughing his fucking head off on a throne made out of a billion pound coins. If your trying to say they are not enquiring because he isn’t good enough then you are more out of reach with reality than I thought.

and why do you think that is? It’s because if they did enquire they would be met with levy dick in hand laughing his fucking head off on a throne made out of a billion pound coins. If your trying to say they are not enquiring because he isn’t good enough then you are more out of reach with reality than I thought.
So everyone can praise Levy then.....let’s hear it people!
Real, Utd, Barca, Bayern, City, Juve all came battering down the door and Levy said no, for the good of the club.

He must be the hero chairman you all wanted.
Suddenly he’s paying Kane more than any of the big clubs could. Proper chairman.

Depends what you mean by good enough. Good enough for his price, well they clearly deemed he isn’t, in your scenario.

He’s on what? 200k here. Aaron Ramsey is on 400k. You think all these clubs would have refused to pay 200M if a prime Maradona was languishing at Spurs?

Because trust me, that’s the level some of you are talking about Harry.

Last edited:
I think that If Kane were to be The player in the League Cup final and I don't just mean scoring but being the Decisive player on the pitch it would be the start of that small but giant step to the summit.
It would mark a first in a key game (some people confuse this with a mid season league game against Woolwich or Chelsea) but others mean a decisive match leading to silverware or a chance to cement ourselves in the table or climb above a team were chasing.

Off the top of my head, he’s played two finals, one he has nothing to do with us getting there, and three semis, losing two and the one we won, we scraped through against Champo opponents.

In the PL, crunch games have been Leicester, Chelsea, Woolwich and West Ham in 2016, we took 2pts
This season was a real chance v Liverpool and Leicester at Christmas and just now Newcastle, we took 1pt
Wolves early 2019, lost

I’ve lost count of the games we’ve bottled. Most with all of Dele Kane and Eriksen supposedly world class

Stop being a racist first.
Who, after all the racist shit, then has a hitler-esque picture? I mean you can see the irony right?
How was your racist awareness course?
Leopard has not changed its spots.
Racist cunt.
If you cant see the joke then you obviously have no sense of humour . It’s Chris Whitty ,you know , the guy who wants us to live like nazi Germany , you pathetic prick . Fuck off .

Martin Samuel click bait article in the mail about Kane to Chelsea making good sense for all parties.

tenor.gif

I would stop watching football after that

Imagine WHL. Jose as our manager and Harry playing for them.

That’s living in an alternate dimension stuff of nightmares!! I expect it would be followed by that season woolwich winning the quadruple and Spurs being bought out by Mike Ashley who turns it into a massive shop and renames the club Spurs Direct.

It would mark a first in a key game (some people confuse this with a mid season league game against Woolwich or Chelsea) but others mean a decisive match leading to silverware or a chance to cement ourselves in the table or climb above a team were chasing.

Off the top of my head, he’s played two finals, one he has nothing to do with us getting there, and three semis, losing two and the one we won, we scraped through against Champo opponents.

In the PL, crunch games have been Leicester, Chelsea, Woolwich and West Ham in 2016, we took 2pts
This season was a real chance v Liverpool and Leicester at Christmas and just now Newcastle, we took 1pt
Wolves early 2019, lost

I’ve lost count of the games we’ve bottled. Most with all of Dele Kane and Eriksen supposedly world class

It's exactly this although I would say not have the required mental strength or force of presence.

It"s not quality because we know that trio at that time were as food as any but it's being able to harness it at the Key moments. As you rightly say when it simply MATTERS MOST.

All that is being done is analysis of the painful facts.

I believe we would both rather be talking of how we would have loved to have kept the players who took us to silverware as opposed to how they have not yet taken us to that point and what morw they need to do.

I would stop watching football after that

Surely your support/love of Spurs goes beyond a player making a decision that effectively would be saying fcuk you and the team you support?

Context and perspective always.

If Kane went to Chelsea or pretty much any English club he becomes a no Mark. Abroad is different.

Shearer won nothing at Newcastle but will ALWAYS be loved by those fans. ALWAYS.

Kane will get the same but not if he went to another English club whilst still a force to be reckoned with. Not from me at least.

Sorry but that is how I see it. All those saying they could understand him leaving for City or United or whoever in this country are demonstrating some warped form of loyalty.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom