Hope?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The blame simply has to be laid at Enic’s door. We have had a succession of managers who have fallen short. Even Mourinho with all his past glories can’t get a regular tune out of the squad. Poor appointment as it turns out.
The big problem is the shiny new stadium. Fur coat and no knickers. There’s no way people will fork out the best part of £100 a time to watch second rate football being played and managed by uninterested and overpaid oafs. No matter how swanky the stadium is. It’s time for them to sell up to someone who is all about winning things because a 62000 seater stadium will be a very lonely place when there’s only 15-20,000 people turning up.
there's less than that now!

ENIC out!

I'm completely at odds with the club like I've never been in my life to be honest. It's the way it's all happened, to be a team mid table or europa and hoping for a champs league brought a better perspective each week we all knew as fans what we wanted. Levy kept handicapping good managers and made poor transfer decisions so many times but we all had this united end target.

Poch comes along, it all falls in place and we had a starting 11 that was just fantastic in every area of the pitch. We finally as a team got there. It wasn't about winning finals, it's about competing and going into each season believing this could be the one. Poch got us so very close and Levy for the millions we made whilst he was here, keeping the team motivated and playing well against the best in the world, beating the very best teams around, he completely fumbled everything, got greedy and couldn't see how to maintain this fantastic run.

His decision was get rid of our best manager, and bring in a manager that has a proven track record for short term success, no long term stability, after spending a lot of money. He also decided to pay him more money than our most successful manager and hottest property on the market for managers when he left.

Daniel Levy played a massive high stakes game of poker with us and the big teams and he lost.

After the champions league final, there probably wasn't a player available and more we couldn't have brought in. Now, a top player wouldn't consider us and were back to hunting for quality at a low price with a poor transfer team clearly.

No Fernandes although it was ours to take. No grealish. No Dybala. I'm sure there's others.

We talk about Sabitzer and Skrinier but really will they come to us now?
Liverpool will be hunting next season, West ham will probably invest if they finish higher than us, scum, all the teams around us.

We are totally fucked and the end of the Enic reign should now come. If they had any ounce of respect for our club they would sell on to someone looking to invest. Whatever price they sell the club at would be a huge profit but they will still look for the highest possible price available and only ones willing to pay will be a company looking to get a similar profit on investment.
Were we ever going to get dybala, fernandes or grealish. All been hunted by top clubs in europe that can double anything we could offer.
I can see why we went for lo celso over fernandes. Was playing very well in a much bigger league than fernandes.
Not saying we get our transfer decisions right but a lot of people think we should get every top player sone tabloid links us with

Were we ever going to get dybala, fernandes or grealish. All been hunted by top clubs in europe that can double anything we could offer.
I can see why we went for lo celso over fernandes. Was playing very well in a much bigger league than fernandes.
Not saying we get our transfer decisions right but a lot of people think we should get every top player sone tabloid links us with
We had the chance to sign Grealish but wouldn't pay the money... Note he's still at villa so no other club has bought him. He would've come if we paid the money and at the time we were considered big dogs in the market.

Dybala was a surprise deal but again one we could've done. It was too complex a deal for Levy clearly as again he wouldn't pay the money.

Fernandes was ready to come to us before he went united. It may even have been the window before he went united.

Both lo celso and Fernandes are good players, our scouting network thought lo celso was clearly the better pick though and couple years on it clearly wasn't.

There's hope because where there's life there always is. I was told by people I trust that Naggelsmann is very real and interested. However he wants assurance that are difficult because of Covid.
Would anyone with a subscription kindly be able to summarise what was said in The Athletic about why Nagelsmann won't be coming our way? Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom