Dulux spurs "jokes"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mate "big Clubs" win Legaue Titles, we've won TWO!!!

We are the 5th, it may be now the 6th, ranked Club for trophies won. I think that's good but it is absolutely miles behind other clubs above us in that list (which doesn't include Man City BTW!). The League is the measure of how good a team is/has been.

To be the first at something is good, but when other teams do it multiple times means they are better at it than us.
6th. We've dropped 2 places since ENIC showed up.

This is just not true mate. It really isn't.

First club to achieve the double post ww2

First English club to win a major European trophy

4th most decorated club in England pre 2000 (ENIC)

Highest ever recorded home attendance in England

Best supported club in the country throughout the 1950s

First club to break the 100k transfer barrier

The list is endless.

Why do our own fans seem so keen to belittle their own football club .
Ah but you forgot, football only came into being in 1992.

You've just given me an assist for what I'm arguing then John!!!
Not really. The point is we have, since the war, been considered one of the big clubs in England. And despite being starved of success, still have one of the biggest fan bases in the country.
It's why we attract so much attention in the media despite continuously winning fuck all.
Our meagre 2 league titles is deplorable for a club of our size.

Look at the some of teams who've won the league since us..

Leicester, Derby, Blackburn, Leeds, Forest, ManCity, Chelsea, Ipswich....

Nobody could say with a straight face that any of those clubs are bigger than Spurs

The list is endless.

And until recently the only club other than United to win a trophy every decade since the 1940s.

Ah but you forgot, football only came into being in 1992.
tenor.gif

Only club, other than Utd, to win a major trophy every decade since the 40's
(Up until recently)

The list is endless.

ENIC have strangled us slowly - the glamour has long go e

Not really. The point is we have, since the war, been considered one of the big clubs in England. And despite being starved of success, still have one of the biggest fan bases in the country.
It's why we attract so much attention in the media despite continuously winning fuck all.
Our meagre 2 league titles is deplorable for a club of our size.

Look at the some of teams who've won the league since us..

Leicester, Derby, Blackburn, Leeds, Forest, ManCity, Chelsea, Ipswich....

Nobody could say with a straight face that any of those clubs are bigger than Spurs
If the fanbase thing is your yardstick (it's not mine) then I suggest you don't go analysing Chelsea, Woolwich, Man U and Liverpool size of fanbases. They all have more fans than us, like fuck loads more, millions more! When I went to Madrid to watch the CL final, we were outnumbered by about 6 to 1!!!

For the 2nd time, we are one of the big clubs but we are miles and miles and miles behind those on the list. Like I was saying earlier in the post we've won TWO league titles!! LFC, Manu almost TWENTY, Woolich THIRTEEN.

Mate, you're sounding a bit like a West Ham fan. Everton are higher up that traditional list than us, so too are Aston Villa. I don't here this kind of shit from either of their fanbases, other than they are rightfully proud of their club for their past achievements.

There I've used that word again, don't tell the Don, he doesn't believe in pride, he thinks it counts for nothing.

I love this club. I don't measure its dick by anything, it's not that important to me. Watching good football is. And if we are doing this then the greater the chance we can win a trophy, which is a lovely thing, a nice bye product of being a decent side.

We are the 5th, it may be now the 6th, ranked Club for trophies won. I think that's good but it is absolutely miles behind other clubs above us in that list (which doesn't include Man City BTW!). The League is the measure of how good a team is/has been.

To be the first at something is good, but when other teams do it multiple times means they are better at it than us.

I'm not belittling it!!! Fucking Hell I'm arguing with someone who wants to slit his writs because we're not Chelsea!!!
Until the 90s we had more European trophies than Manchester United - between that and the FA cups it went some way to making up for the lack of League titles.

If the fanbase thing is your yardstick (it's not mine) then I suggest you don't go analysing Chelsea, Woolwich, Man U and Liverpool size of fanbases. They all have more fans than us, like fuck loads more, millions more! When I went to Madrid to watch the CL final, we were outnumbered by about 6 to 1!!!

For the 2nd time, we are one of the big clubs but we are miles and miles and miles behind those on the list. Like I was saying earlier in the post we've won TWO league titles!! LFC, Manu almost TWENTY, Woolich THIRTEEN.

Mate, you're sounding a bit like a West Ham fan. Everton are higher up that traditional list than us, so too are Aston Villa. I don't here this kind of shit from either of their fanbases, other than they are rightfully proud of their club for their past achievements.

There I've used that word again, don't tell the Don, he doesn't believe in pride, he thinks it counts for nothing.

I love this club. I don't measure its dick by anything, it's not that important to me. Watching good football is. And if we are doing this then the greater the chance we can win a trophy, which is a lovely thing, a nice bye product of being a decent side.
Are you saying Villa and Everton have bigger fan bases than Spurs?

And as for talking up Chelsea. Do you honesty believe that if they'd won just 1 carling cup in 20 odd years like us they would have anything like the fan base Spurs enjoy today?
Of course they wouldn't. You know that.

Last edited:
We are not a "proper big team" we have NEVER been one!!! WE flirted at being one for about 2yrs under Bill Nic. We've won TWO league titles in our entire history.

This I'll have to end as it's been done on here a million times. If you think wanking off to Chelsea's unprecedented spending is how it's done then you are again waiting for a lottery ticket that will not come. That's more tears and sorrow and a world of misery that you are wallowing in, poor chap, I genuinely pity you, but please don't try and bring me down into your dungeon of doom with you, you stay there, as I said you are set to be in there your entire life.

It's not pointless being proud of your team. It's pointless wanking over other football clubs lottery wins and lusting after them, wishing your team was theirs, being affected by their fans.

Let's end this mate. This convo is going nowhere, we are poles apart and serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever. Your glass is empty, while mines half full.

More excuses from a spurs fan that can’t accept how the club incredibly underachieves every season. My glass might be empty, but I have every reason to have that attitude and so do the vast majority of Spurs fans who are sick to death of the club promising so much, yet delivering so little. Like I say, you keep on waxing lyrical over good football and falling at the last hurdle. I feel sorry for you with that losers attitude. No wonder why this club are such ultimate losers when we have supporters that just accept it. All the other fans of top clubs don’t accept failure, just a shame people like you do.

Are you saying Villa and Everton have bigger fan bases than Spurs?
No. Why are you so interested in who has the most fans? And as I said earlier, if you are then you will notice that we are MILES behind many of the other teams on that front. So what is your argument here, that we're about the 6th highest supported Club in the country, but millions less than some others. Is that what you want to waive on your flag when you watch us play? Shall I get Dan to make some up, do you think they'll sell like hot cakes?

No. Why are you so interested in who has the most fans? And as I said earlier, if you are then you will notice that we are MILES behind many of the other teams on that front. So what is your argument here, that we're about the 6th highest supported Club in the country, but millions less than some others. Is that what you want to waive on your flag when you watch us play? Shall I get Dan to make some up, do you think they'll sell like hot cakes?
So why were you saying we are traditionally a smaller club? Even after 20 years of ENIC we've still won more silverware.
You seem to be tying yourself up in knots here.

I'm not belittling it!!! Fucking Hell I'm arguing with someone who wants to slit his writs because we're not Chelsea!!!

You're talking shit. The FA Cup was arguably more prestigious than the league when we won the bulk of them. And many of our great moments have been truly iconic with iconic teams and players, doing the double, first English team to win any European trophy, first to win the CWC and Uefa Cup. Yes, we are going through a lean spell. But to suggest we're not a big club is just not true. Financially and in terms of support we also have the metrics of a big club.

You're talking shit. The FA Cup was arguably more prestigious than the league when we won the bulk of them. And many of our great moments have been truly iconic with iconic teams and players, doing the double, first English team to win any European trophy, first to win the CWC and Uefa Cup. Yes, we are going through a lean spell. But to suggest we're not a big club is just not true. Financially and in terms of support we also have the metrics of a big club.
And we have a really long name.

:ledley:

Back
Top Bottom