Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fact of the matter is though, Kane has three years left on his contract and Daniel Levy as a negotiator in his potential transfer. Look how stubborn Levy was with Eriksen, no way does Levy sell Kane easy. He's the number 1 asset and after the performances of the team this season, if we sold Kane there would be uproar within and around the club, not to mention the damage it would do to the reputation of the club.
Unless someone comes along and offers us "can't say no money" like Bale going the first time around.

Hopefully if we do sell Kane we won't go out and panic sign 7 players at the last minute again.

Fact of the matter is though, Kane has three years left on his contract and Daniel Levy as a negotiator in his potential transfer. Look how stubborn Levy was with Eriksen, no way does Levy sell Kane easy. He's the number 1 asset and after the performances of the team this season, if we sold Kane there would be uproar within and around the club, not to mention the damage it would do to the reputation of the club.

Correct.

It will take a world record bid to tempt Levy because he knows that selling Kane will essentially mean he had to relinquish control.

Forget what some numpties on here are saying.

3 years is infinitely less pressure on Levy and even if Kane sees out his contract, Levy knows he would have had all the best value Kane will ever offer.

Kane would be well served to be careful of taking on Levy and to not assume how our fans could go rogue if he pushes to leave.

And if he talks of ambition that is effectively saying Mourinho has failed to add value, which we already know to be the case.

Argument that we paid the price of that
You know how I know Levy is a cheap bastard?
When him and Eriksen were in the documentary and all Levy could do was "Well...you know we can match whatever anyone else is offering you."
Why did it take until Eriksen had made up his mind about leaving before Levy started talking about wages.

The fans need to back Kane and not support the therory that his ambitions should come before the club. If Kane read this thread then I think he would come to the opinion that the fans do not care if he leaves. He is under contract which he signed to get more money rather than stick to the previous contract and run the time down
We have got to a cup final this season and next season with a new Manager and a couple of new players could be in the mix for winning a trophy with all the other teams. Last summer who expected Leicester and Spammers to be in CL running at this stage of the season. MC might be out on their own but it will not take much improvement to get above the others.
Kane must stay on we will be set back years. The Bale money no way compensated for his loss and nor would any amount of money for Kane.

The fans need to back Kane and not support the therory that his ambitions should come before the club. If Kane read this thread then I think he would come to the opinion that the fans do not care if he leaves. He is under contract which he signed to get more money rather than stick to the previous contract and run the time down
We have got to a cup final this season and next season with a new Manager and a couple of new players could be in the mix for winning a trophy with all the other teams. Last summer who expected Leicester and Spammers to be in CL running at this stage of the season. MC might be out on their own but it will not take much improvement to get above the others.
Kane must stay on we will be set back years. The Bale money no way compensated for his loss and nor would any amount of money for Kane.
I think that nearly all Spurs supporters want him to stay, and care very much, but they understand why he would want to leave.

Pundits and Media “experts” can say or write whatever they like about Kane, all this stuff about he needs this or he needs that blah blah blah, it’s their pathetic journalistic jobs at the end of the day.....
Truth is no one only Kane and maybe his family know what he’s thinking, he has 6 years at best as a top class footballer playing at the highest level, and yes his window of that one “big move” will close this summer or next, but maybe Kane has other goals in life , like becoming his boyhood teams greatest player of all time? And winning just one title, just one with Spurs would mean more to him than 3 or 4 la Liga’s or that French title bollocks one, all with an outside chance of maybe a CL....But those clubs won’t remember Kane amongst their history of legend players, to be a legend at say Madrid you must do the unthinkable over a long period of time, like Ramos or Ronaldo, Jesus Bale won 3 or 4 CL’s with them and they hate him.....
This guy Shearer, holder of the ultimate record Kane hunts, only won one major trophy in his entire career, but is regarded as one of the greats of the game....
Kane deserve a major honour no doubt, it would be unjust for him not to win at least one, but maybe Kane craves that in a Spurs shirt more than anything else......One 30 league goal season from Kane and a decent return from his support cast might be enough to win a league title over the next 3 to 5 years....maybe!!
The problem is, we know what he wants. If that Amazon doc has any validity, we know that he wants to be reach Messi and Ronaldo levels of success. That means individuals accolades, Ballon Dors and trophies. So it’s clear how ambitious he is from a footballing perspective.

If you’re Kane, you 99.99% know that Spurs as a club are fcked for the next 2-3 years which by that time, his prime will have likely passed.

The problem is, we know what he wants. If that Amazon doc has any validity, we know that he wants to be reach Messi and Ronaldo levels of success. That means individuals accolades, Ballon Dors and trophies. So it’s clear how ambitious he is from a footballing perspective.

If you’re Kane, you 99.99% know that Spurs as a club are fcked for the next 2-3 years which by that time, his prime will have likely passed.

But it's not as easy as you think - this time last year the team to join would have been Liverpool, just walked the title and strong favourites for top two, a year later and CL qualification is not yet certain for them and zero trophies.

So now who do you join - City? Chelsea? Utd? Liverpool? - chances are three of them will win nothing next year. If you could guarantee trophies then fair enough so PSG or Bayern but neither of them will sign him.

Kane could move to almost any club in the world, but there's simply no guarantee he wins anything.

But it's not as easy as you think - this time last year the team to join would have been Liverpool, just walked the title and strong favourites for top two, a year later and CL qualification is not yet certain for them and zero trophies.

So now who do you join - City? Chelsea? Utd? Liverpool? - chances are three of them will win nothing next year. If you could guarantee trophies then fair enough so PSG or Bayern but neither of them will sign him.

Kane could move to almost any club in the world, but there's simply no guarantee he wins anything.
I agree but why not Leicester or West Ham if they qualify for CL. The fact remains that joining any team but MC in this Country is no guarantee to win trophies. Both Spammers and Leicester have surprised everyone this season and if Kane stays and we improve our defence and change Manager there is no reason why we will not have a better season next year. If Kane goes to MC he will play less and have less influence.
How important are foreign domestic trophies? Will anyone care that Bale won so many Spanish titles? All his success is being tainted by his demise at Madrid in the last couple of years and his failures this season.

I think that nearly all Spurs supporters want him to stay, and care very much, but they understand why he would want to leave.

Hmmm.m.... not sure.

No guarantees in football and that means you have to go through the other end at times.

1st abject season as a club for a long time and yet we still have a Cup final in 7 days.

You can't just bail like that and if you take Messi as an example what you do is respect your contract and the fans and show professionalism.

Levy simply has to say nope. We come before any single player.

Hmmm.m.... not sure.

No guarantees in football and that means you have to go through the other end at times.

1st abject season as a club for a long time and yet we still have a Cup final in 7 days.

You can't just bail like that and if you take Messi as an example what you do is respect your contract and the fans and show professionalism.

Levy simply has to say nope. We come before any single player.
I'd like to think that H will be the model professional, however this pans out. I was answering the comment re if he read this forum, he might feel that a lot of us weren't bothered if he stayed. Personally, I want him to stay and if he does go, the way he goes will determine how I feel about him.

There are no end of top quality players that have moved from their clubs and hoped that the grass will be greener on the other side and it hasn't quite worked out.

Also, look at someone like Steven Gerrard. He didn't win the Premier League with Liverpool, but he did with the Champs League and various other domestic cup competitions. We can't say Kane hasn't had the same opportunities because he has played in cup finals. Gerrard is a legend for staying at Liverpool. He was also England captain. I don't see massive differences to be honest.

I think he'll stay, if only for the fact that no club is going to pay £150mil for a 28 year old with his ankles. That's a sad fact for his career but I really hope he stays and gets silverware and the record. He deserves it.

I'd like to think that H will be the model professional, however this pans out. I was answering the comment re if he read this forum, he might feel that a lot of us weren't bothered if he stayed. Personally, I want him to stay and if he does go, the way he goes will determine how I feel about him.

Yep 100%.

Levy knows this is the single biggest decision re: a player in his time with us.

This is Bale times however much because so much is linked to it.

I actually believe Levy would rather walk than be the person who sold Kane.

We will see.

Back
Top Bottom