Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You could almost be forgiven in thinking that the Mexican and Dutch leagues are shit enough to make him look decent.

At least he finally seems to have figured out that the closer he is to the opposition net, the more likely he is to score...that seemed to have escaped him in England when he appeared allergic to the fucking 18 yard box.

You could almost be forgiven in thinking that the Mexican and Dutch leagues are shit enough to make him look decent.

At least he finally seems to have figured out that the closer he is to the opposition net, the more likely he is to score...that seemed to have escaped him in England when he appeared allergic to the fucking 18 yard box.

And then invariably when he did get a chance he fucked it up badly

To be fair to him, I think that's what Pochettino was asking to do.

Obviously there's no way to know, but I still think if he scored the goal that he struck on the volley against West Brom it changes everything. Maybe I'm the only one who remembers that, but it was a good strike that ended up just over the bar. I really think if that one ended up in the net, he has all kinds of confidence, the team and manager have confidence in him and who knows what happens from there.

I'm not ashamed to say I had high hopes for him though. I just felt like he was going to be a great understudy to Kane.

Obviously there's no way to know, but I still think if he scored the goal that he struck on the volley against West Brom it changes everything. Maybe I'm the only one who remembers that, but it was a good strike that ended up just over the bar. I really think if that one ended up in the net, he has all kinds of confidence, the team and manager have confidence in him and who knows what happens from there.

I'm not ashamed to say I had high hopes for him though. I just felt like he was going to be a great understudy to Kane.
You could never question his work ethic. He always worked hard and really tried to make it work whenever he got a chance. He just couldn't score.

Got a few nice assists tho but those obviously don't make up for being unable to find the net as a striker.

Got to be up there with one of our worst ever signings - cant even impress in the Mexican league.
Looking back, it seems Poch was a good manager but a terrible spotter of talent

Most of his signings have turned out to be utter shambles

Last edited:

Most of signings have turned out to be utter shambles
I think this is the case for most managers these days.

Football scouting is such a weird animal these days. I don't think most managers that are active are able to focus enough on it on top of their other duties to be able to actually properly scout players.

Most of his signings have turned out to be utter shambles
If you conveniently ignore the fact that Vinnie was a cheap alternative to Michy Batshuayi that year. Jog your memory? Welp, that was the pattern and I believe this was the xfer that 'final strawed' that transfer dude Mitchell. But, as always, it's better to run with the narrative to get a bit of a foothold in discussions. You know, "Poch no eye for talent" while neglecting that he wanted DeLigt and that Barca dude and all the other ones he wanted but couldn't get like Wijnaldum and Mane but getting Sissoko and N'Koudou. It's like folks choosing their fav posters on here but being denied their first 125 and getting stuck with you. Can't really conclude they have no eye for talent can you?

If you conveniently ignore the fact that Vinnie was a cheap alternative to Michy Batshuayi that year. Jog your memory? Welp, that was the pattern and I believe this was the xfer that 'final strawed' that transfer dude Mitchell. But, as always, it's better to run with the narrative to get a bit of a foothold in discussions. You know, "Poch no eye for talent" while neglecting that he wanted DeLigt and that Barca dude and all the other ones he wanted but couldn't get like Wijnaldum and Mane but getting Sissoko and N'Koudou. It's like folks choosing their fav posters on here but being denied their first 125 and getting stuck with you. Can't really conclude they have no eye for talent can you?
Cheap alternative at 18m?

De Ligt was a defender and years later - you have no idea it seems again. Poch cocked up so many deals - deal with

Cheap alternative at 18m?

De Ligt was a defender and years later - you have no idea it seems again. Poch cocked up so many deals - deal with
Yes, 18M! How is your memory so shit? To busy trolling I guess. When the alternatives dried up because of Levy dithering Vinnie's club did an Ashley and raised the price. Do you really not remember that? We went in at 11 or 12M IIRC...then Batshuayi was gobbled up by Chelsea, (I think) Alario went to Leverkusen and we were stuck with our dicks in our hands and had to scramble. Is this not the pattern?

And what does DeLigt being a defender have anything to do with my point of Poch's first choices being decent (or challenging your point about no eye for talent)? I always have an idea...and to use "again" you would have to at least show proof of 'no idea' a first time legoboy.

Back
Top Bottom