SPURS v SOUTHAMPTON midweek, Wednsday (is it?) 6'ish

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Imagine the scenes in the Home dressing room after the match... the Witch is dead!
:moursad:
Well Levy does look like somebody from the Lollipop Guild

shoudn't be.. it was actually the perfect time, a la we won from what we did... maybe those few minutes will help him on Sunday?
In a footballer’ mentality, unless he is injured, being subbed is a blow to the self confidence. Under Jose, Bale suffered some of that and now we have the opportunity to really drive Bale to produce his best.
Should have left him on.

I saw this and spat out my tea. You know I'm going to be honest. Absolutely hate Mourinho so find it hard to be objective. Was that actually better? Because I think it was. Just a bit. Simply because we had a go and actually played a little pass and move. Mostly through N'dombele Son Bale and the hugely erratic Moura. Locelso is a bit of a riddle and Hoijberge side ways back wards kills too much of our momentum. Lots to work on but there was also a bit of bottle after going behind. Its clear a few had stopped trying for Jose
Second half was really good. Overall it wasn't that different to, say, the recent 4-1 over Crystal Palace. But the key thing is the players didn't give up after going behind, didn't give up after the disallowed goal, and didn't sit back after going ahead - all of which have been recent traits under Mourinho.

He starts one game every month. He's scored when as a team we attacked. You're hung up on what he nearly did and not looking at what he actually did. Think you need to follow jose
Firstly, He should never have been on loan at Spurs. With his huge salary we could've payed a CB plus a decent RB.

Secondly, He performed reasonably well against Southampton. If anyone thinks we really uped our game to Great levels, they fooling themselves. It was only because Southampton lost steam with Ings (Their version of Harry Kane) going off.

VAR is shit.

Bale's goal was magical.

We missed Harry.

Massive ❤️ to Son.

LoCelso is a ****. He feigns injury at least 4 times per game - but he's our **** and his through ball to Reguilon for the disallowed goal was divine.

I love Hojbjerg.

Lloris had a good game and Dier didn't put a foot wrong. Nor did Aurier.

Harry's grown a moustache - not a good look Harry - shave it off ffs.

Levy looked suitably chastened throughout the game. Does he think that looking shamefaced will save him, or does that look say, "I'm going"? I think it's the former.

Last edited:
I saw this and spat out my tea. You know I'm going to be honest. Absolutely hate Mourinho so find it hard to be objective. Was that actually better? Because I think it was. Just a bit. Simply because we had a go and actually played a little pass and move. Mostly through N'dombele Son Bale and the hugely erratic Moura. Locelso is a bit of a riddle and Hoijberge side ways back wards kills too much of our momentum. Lots to work on but there was also a bit of bottle after going behind. Its clear a few had stopped trying for Jose

Let's be honest, we still have a LOT of issues. The best thing about that game was that we didn't see the total capitulation after they scored. That is what was the biggest difference for me today.

That and it actually looked like the players were starting to enjoy themselves near the end. That has been missing for a long time.

First game in how many where our defence didn’t look shaky? My guess is because we’re not sitting back like a bunch of cunts and putting more pressure on an already weak defence.

Back
Top Bottom