Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's elite level management there. Don't score the winner with time to spare, score it in the last minute to create a feel good factor going into the final.

So odd to see him on the touch line as a manager! Looks like something off Football Manager. Very happy for him though, definitely picked the right XI and after a terrible first half must have done something right at half time because it was a different team. This will be great experience for him over the next month at such a young age, really hope that even if he does the impossible and wins us a cup or gets us top 4 people don’t rush him into the job though as regardless it’s far too early.

That's the first press conference I've listened to in ages. How can any one not want him to succeed?
He has overcome immense obstacles just to be walking and talking.
No matter how inexperienced the interim coaching team are, they are a million percent improvement on what has just left.
One of our own!
14 plates in his head with 28 screws, he is certainly an inspiration for all of us.

I am not exaggerating when I say this but today has shown me Mason has a future as a manager (here or somewhere else).

He prioritises keeping possession over everything and that was clear. Lucas playing centrally didn't really work but his dribbling attributes allows us to have more possession. The Winks sub was a brilliant sub that literally nobody would have done in the position we were in imo. Picking him to come on over more attacking players allowed us to recycle the ball quicker and keep hold of the ball. Bergwijn and Lamela over Dele or Vinny ...same thing...hold ball or dribble ball thus keeping hold of the ball.

Will it always work? of course not but I really liked that he had a clear plan and stuck to it. Didn't panic, didn't change things around, just kept it how he wanted us to play.

Bad first half, good second half >>>>>> two dreadful and uninspiring halves.

Subs aside, it's a decent managerial debut given the result.

I am not exaggerating when I say this but today has shown me Mason has a future as a manager (here or somewhere else).

He prioritises keeping possession over everything and that was clear. Lucas playing centrally didn't really work but his dribbling attributes allows us to have more possession. The Winks sub was a brilliant sub that literally nobody would have done in the position we were in imo. Picking him to come on over more attacking players allowed us to recycle the ball quicker and keep hold of the ball. Bergwijn and Lamela over Dele or Vinny ...same thing...hold ball or dribble ball thus keeping hold of the ball.

Will it always work? of course not but I really liked that he had a clear plan and stuck to it. Didn't panic, didn't change things around, just kept it how he wanted us to play.
Agree RE: Winks, he’s the forum scapegoat so won’t get credit but was solid when he came on and did some good tracking back. I still maintain that in a side that keeps possession he’s a good squad player to have.

Agree RE: Winks, he’s the forum scapegoat so won’t get credit but was solid when he came on and did some good tracking back. I still maintain that in a side that keeps possession he’s a good squad player to have.

Winks is a decent passer but lacks in other areas. He is home grown so if we do get a manager long term that is possession based I can see room for him as a squad player. It depends whether he would accept that.

"Listen, Spurs might not thank me but get the contract out, put it on the table. Let him sign it. Let him write whatever numbers he wants on there, given what he's done since he's come in. Mason's at the wheel, man. He's doing it. He's doing his thing. Spurs are BACK"

Former Spurs player

Winks is a decent passer but lacks in other areas. He is home grown so if we do get a manager long term that is possession based I can see room for him as a squad player. It depends whether he would accept that.
He’s a poor passer. Most of his mistakes this season have been due to misplaced passes. His pass completion/90 avg 5yrs is under 81%.

Back
Top Bottom