Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't think so, it'd all fall apart through lack of experience and respect from the players by Christmas. No reason he can't come back after 5+ years in a lower league though.
I think ideally he sticks around on the staff of the next manager and manages the U23s. That ought to do him 5 years until about 34. Then maybe move up to a spell with a club like QPR or Fulham...4-5 years of that and maybe he's ready for the gig full time. You get the timing right and Mason could manage Spurs for 25 years.

I'd hate to appoint him just to sack him, hard to go back from that. Chavs probably pretty disappointed they appointed Lampard way too soon.

Nah it’s too much at this stage in his career. Needs to get experience managing elsewhere first, imo, but he looks promising, and if all goes ok, I’d happily have him back after a few years
Agreed. If he does well the remaining 6 matches this season, I think he will be able to get a good opportunity lower down the pyramid soon. He's not even 30 yet. He's one for the future, though.

I think ideally he sticks around on the staff of the next manager and manages the U23s. That ought to do him 5 years until about 34. Then maybe move up to a spell with a club like QPR or Fulham...4-5 years of that and maybe he's ready for the gig full time. You get the timing right and Mason could manage Spurs for 25 years.

I'd hate to appoint him just to sack him, hard to go back from that. Chavs probably pretty disappointed they appointed Lampard way too soon.
Chavs hired Lampard to distract their dumb fan base because of the transfer ban and it worked but then he got good players and had no fucking clue.

Gerrard actually did something at Rangers. Even though he got appointed because of who he was as a player, he certainly showed he was more than capable.

Even OGS, the most average manager out there, had a good amount of experience prior to United.

What was dodgy about them. Winks played well, involved in the build-up out from the back that got ruled out for offside. Winks is actually better than Ndombele and PEH when he drops between the CB's (loads he can't do that they can but when we are pushed up, in possession on the ball this element he's better).

Lo Celso wasn't having a great game, still looks to be struggling for match fitness, something that Lamela absolutely doesn't lack, always a dynamo when selected. Bergwijn again will keep the press going up top with fresh legs.

In no way whatsoever did the subs have a negative impact on the game.
Agreed. Subs were not bad because of tactics and purpose behind them.

Even average players can be good if setup to succeed.

Don't care if we win every match for rest of the season, do not get sucked into Mason as manager. If he does well put him back on the u23s and let him bring his new experience to our younger players.

You never know we could have a sacked manager in 5 years time and he is almost groomed for the role the whole time.

Just realized he kind of looks like one of the goth kids on South Park
MV5BMTQ3MjY1MDUzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTM5MTg0MDE@._V1_UY268_CR147,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Last edited:
Nagelsmann was also 29 when he coached Hoffenheim
At this time they played in the european league

But I think it would be better to bring him back to the U23 after season
And if the next manager not works we can try with him

Look, I'm not saying give him the job in any sense, it's been one match and 72 hours BUT the way he has handled this situation so far has been exceptional. The second half today was the most it's looked like a spurs team in far too long and the way he has handled the media and his demeanor has been very reminiscent of a not so far in the distance former manager.

It's not likely his time now, but in a few years when Levy's next former Chelsea manager fails he'll be sitting waiting. Or we're all shocked and we've got a Nagelsmann on our hands. No losing with this right now at all.

Ryan Mason blue and white army, He will be let go at end of season but will probably go on to be a assistant coach like john terry / arteta and then come back to us one day as manager , He will probably get offers from other clubs at end of season in lower leagues to be manager depending how it goes until end of season

Back
Top Bottom