Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ryan Mason blue and white army, He will be let go at end of season but will probably go on to be a assistant coach like john terry / arteta and then come back to us one day as manager , He will probably get offers from other clubs at end of season in lower leagues to be manager depending how it goes until end of season
It can be tricky keeping the interim coach on with the permanent manager, especially if they do well. Worked well with Ferguson and Ancelotti at Everton though.

I’m just happy we can feel like this is Spurs again, it hasn’t felt like “us” in such a long while.

Being honest with myself I don’t think we will quite pull it off against city but I am 100% sure that we will give our all, and that’s because we have one of our own in the dug out.

No chance
Crying Baby GIF by memecandy

Ryan Mason blue and white army, He will be let go at end of season but will probably go on to be a assistant coach like john terry / arteta and then come back to us one day as manager , He will probably get offers from other clubs at end of season in lower leagues to be manager depending how it goes until end of season
I assume he will just go back to his former role as director of player development? Why wouldn't he?

Unless of course he feels he's ready to manage at a lower level club and gets some offers.

I assume he will just go back to his former role as director of player development? Why wouldn't he?

Unless of course he feels he's ready to manage at a lower level club and gets some offers.
It would be lovely for him to return to that role, but at the same time if he does a good job in this interim period and is hanging out behind the scenes managing the u23s, then a lot of managers would feel threatened by that and wouldn't like him maintaining that role.

He cares about the club, wants players to give everything, will be earning peanuts compared with our recent managers, is likeable and makes me feel proud to see him in charge of the club.
If we play some football that's enjoyable to watch - that's enough for me while I get over this Mourinho stain on our history.

Sure his lack of experience will likely catch up with him, but at the same time we have just witnessed an extremely experienced manager doing things that make us wince like bringing on Sissoko when we need a goal.

He has some games coming up we expect to win, but also 2 really big games in City & Leicester. If he can drag us to a successful end of season I would be very happy to give him a fair crack at the job full time.
Sure it might all start coming apart before Christmas - being exposed by more accomplished veterans of the game.. but I would be ok with that. It can't be any worse than the last couple of years.

The issue is the availability of managers during the off season, where Levy will almost certainly bring in Naglesmann or something - who was managing in the Bundesliga at 28. Perhaps this is an exercise in getting the squad used to working under a very young manager.

Levy pulled a fast one setting up one of the most likeable blokes possible up as interim coach, amidst the absolute shitshow this season has been.

It’s almost like a free hit, however Ryan is a clever lad and comes across so well so I can certainly see him succeeding as a manager long term. Godspeed to you Ryan Mason - loved this dude as a player as well.

Are we so set on an expensive boss that we won't give Ryan a go if he gets us into the Champions League ?

Have a look at the players Ryan used to play with and balance that with the overdue requirement for a painful rebuild.

He isn't the man for that job. He needs to cut his teeth in the lower leagues.

If he could get us out of a slump, it will raise the value of team members that desperately need to be sold so that we can buy in fresh legs.

Cheers to Ryan Mason, it was great to watch a match and see us come out to attack with belief in the second half. If nothing else, I appreciated being excited by the prospect of a winning goal, as opposed to dreading the inevitable late goal against that results in yet more dropped points.

It would be lovely for him to return to that role, but at the same time if he does a good job in this interim period and is hanging out behind the scenes managing the u23s, then a lot of managers would feel threatened by that and wouldn't like him maintaining that role.
His role as head of player development is not the role of a coach however. It's more like he is the sporting director of the U23s.

Are we so set on an expensive boss that we won't give Ryan a go if he gets us into the Champions League ?
Apparently, seems daft to rule him out to me, letting him go if we won a Cup and qualified for CL would be like dropping a back up striker for a cup final after he scored a hattrick in the semis to single handedly get you there...

Apparently, seems daft to rule him out to me, letting him go if we won a Cup and qualified for CL would be like dropping a back up striker for a cup final after he scored a hattrick in the semis to single handedly get you there...
Frank Lampard also had a good first season and it didn't end well. I like Ryan too much that I want the same fate for him. But I can imagine him being a Spurs-Coach in the next five years (when the next generation of Spurs Players have grown and Ryan isn't the ex-teammate of every key player anymore).

Back
Top Bottom