SPURS v SOUTHAMPTON midweek, Wednsday (is it?) 6'ish

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I did say in the match thread that the second half was better. Also said that Mason had no time with the players to do anything, so in those we are in agreement.

Just pointing out we got many wins like this under Jose and he got battered for it. I’m not suggesting we give Mason similar treatment, just saying I saw nothing different last night to what I’ve seen before. And I didn’t expect anything different. Same players after all.
I think the less rational among us have simply got a bit giddy at seeing the back of Jose.

Not surprising but just own it.

As I said in another thread - Jose would be hung, drawn and quartered for starting Dier, giving Lucas the full game, bring Winks on, taking off Bale and Ndombele

How the hell did you get yellow carded?

You're not exactly Ronnie Pickering. No offence.
None taken!

It usually follows when anyone has a go at Joe Clash especially me but he’s flushed now

But I suppose that I’ve been posting on here for six years roughly now and as the saying goes
‘Friends come and go but enemies accumulate’

I did say in the match thread that the second half was better. Also said that Mason had no time with the players to do anything, so in those we are in agreement.

Just pointing out we got many wins like this under Jose and he got battered for it. I’m not suggesting we give Mason similar treatment, just saying I saw nothing different last night to what I’ve seen before. And I didn’t expect anything different. Same players after all.
When did we last finish a game like that under the cunt? Late goal, executing the win and going for a third (playing to our strengths) rather than full on retreat

Awful first half, better second half.

But if Jose had still been here, the chorus would have been “of course we beat Southampton, they’re shite”. Just as it was recently when we won a few on the bounce.

Of course we should be beating the most out of form team in the league. But whoever is in charge, it should be a lot more comfortable than it was. Not having a dig at Mason, after all he’s been in the job for about an hour, so couldn’t really do anything, but still glaring issues in defence and midfield to sort out.
They did put a graphic up for Southampton being the worst team in the league in this calender year. With Mourinho though, the way things were going, we would have probably turned up as the good doctor.

When did we last finish a game like that under the cunt? Late goal, executing the win and going for a third (playing to our strengths) rather than full on retreat
Probably Palace. About a month ago.

Again - the second half was much better than the first. But it wasn’t exactly ground breaking. And it was only Southampton. Let’s give it a few weeks before we all start noshing one another off.

Probably Palace. About a month ago.

Again - the second half was much better than the first. But it wasn’t exactly ground breaking. And it was only Southampton. Let’s give it a few weeks before we all start noshing one another off.
Won’t be noshing anyone off. Just glad yesterday’s man has been sacked, the horrible little fuck

First half I was chicken little............ “Oh my God, our squad just sucks, its NOT the coaching!“

Second half......... “Wow these guys really CAN play!“ They just needed to sweat out the Portugese.

First half I was chicken little............ “Oh my God, our squad just sucks, its NOT the coaching!“

Second half......... “Wow these guys really CAN play!“ They just needed to sweat out the Portugese.

Or alternatively;
First half Saints were rabid out of the blocks with the brilliant Ings.
Second half Saints were burnt out after their failures at the weekend and their delicate talisman limping off?

Back
Top Bottom