Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He doesn’t produce anything of significance. It’s about goals and his forward play doesn’t lead to a significant number of goals vs Davies. But since he’s fast and can do a few flicks you think he’s better.

I would say this isn't the season to judge many of our newer players.

Sergio under a progressive manager would be a fun watch.

Why?

He is better defensively and lightyears better going forward.

There is nothing Davies does better than Reguilon.
Davies is much better defensively at the moment. It isn't even close.

Think they compliment each other: Reggie for games where we expect to be mainly on the front foot and Davies when we wanna keep it tighter.

Think LB is pretty much sorted.

Last edited:
Davies is much better defensively at the moment. It isn't even close.

Think they compliment each other: Reggie for games where we expect to be mainly on the front door and Davies when we wanna keep it tighter.

Think LB is pretty much sorted.

Not a chance Davies is better but you are right it isn't close, Reguilon is much, much better.

Davies doesn't work in the PL. He can't defend in space so has to leave wide open spaces for opposition to run into. He has to try and hide in tight because he can't risk one one on one defensive situations because he is an absolute pylon. Him hiding in tight isn't good defense it is shit play to try and make him look better while leaving us wide open to attacks.

Not a chance Davies is better but you are right it isn't close, Reguilon is much, much better.

Davies doesn't work in the PL. He can't defend in space so has to leave wide open spaces for opposition to run into. He has to try and hide in tight because he can't risk one one on one defensive situations because he is an absolute pylon. Him hiding in tight isn't good defense it is shit play to try and make him look better while leaving us wide open to attacks.
Davies works fine in the Prem. Solid defender. Only thing he lacks is pace but generally he reads the game well enough to cover that.

I've loved Reggie all season but his defending has always been suspect to me and it does seem to have taken a turn for the worse.

Not easy for anyone this season though so won't hold it against him and I would start him over Davies most of the time. Wouldn't even look for a new LB this summer though. Far more pressing positions to improve on.

Davies works fine in the Prem. Solid defender. Only thing he lacks is pace but generally he reads the game well enough to cover that.

I've loved Reggie all season but his defending has always been suspect to me and it does seem to have taken a turn for the worse.

Not easy for anyone this season though so won't hold it against him and I would start him over Davies most of the time. Wouldn't even look for a new LB this summer though. Far more pressing positions to improve on.

People are always going to have different opinions, I honestly do not see this bad defense from Reguilon, he is not as great as he was when he first came in but he still makes more plays than not defensively. I think he is way more involved in the play than Davies so the chance for him to make a mistake is more whereas Davies just lets the defenders have the space thus not giving him self the chance to make the "mistake" by giving up the ground. To me that is much worse.

When Davies has played in the PL this season he has clearly not been good enough, especially for a team with top 4 aspirations. You can't play with a FB that offers zero going forward, even if they are elite defensively and Davies is far from that. He likely could fit in with a team like Burnley that don't care about going forward but he is not near good enough, even as a 2nd choice LB for a team of our supposed aspirations.

People are always going to have different opinions, I honestly do not see this bad defense from Reguilon, he is not as great as he was when he first came in but he still makes more plays than not defensively. I think he is way more involved in the play than Davies so the chance for him to make a mistake is more whereas Davies just lets the defenders have the space thus not giving him self the chance to make the "mistake" by giving up the ground. To me that is much worse.

When Davies has played in the PL this season he has clearly not been good enough, especially for a team with top 4 aspirations. You can't play with a FB that offers zero going forward, even if they are elite defensively and Davies is far from that. He likely could fit in with a team like Burnley that don't care about going forward but he is not near good enough, even as a 2nd choice LB for a team of our supposed aspirations.
Hardly any of the squad have been good enough this season.

Davies fits in fine here. Lots of hate for him I know but, as I've said previously, think LB is a position we don't even need to consider upgrading next season.

Hardly any of the squad have been good enough this season.

Davies fits in fine here. Lots of hate for him I know but, as I've said previously, think LB is a position we don't even need to consider upgrading next season.

I don't disagree that lots of players have been bad and it isn't hate for Davies just acknowledgement of where he is as a player.

He likely survives because we have other areas that need improvement, but I would be more than fine moving him on and having Sessegnon and/or Cirkin be the back-up. We need to move on from guys like Davies that are not good enough and have no more growth in their game. Certainly not a priority move but if someone is willing to pay anything decent and we can use that money to upgrade other areas then I am all for it.

I don't disagree that lots of players have been bad and it isn't hate for Davies just acknowledgement of where he is as a player.

He likely survives because we have other areas that need improvement, but I would be more than fine moving him on and having Sessegnon and/or Cirkin be the back-up. We need to move on from guys like Davies that are not good enough and have no more growth in their game. Certainly not a priority move but if someone is willing to pay anything decent and we can use that money to upgrade other areas then I am all for it.
Now I don't disagree with you, or the Million Dollar Man, there cos everyone has a price. Offers coming in can change all plans.

I think his problem is he tries too hard to impress. He just needs to settle in and find the right footings as to how much is the right amount. There’s a quality player in Reggie!

Would not write him off just yet.

But I kind of agree that we all knew some players were utter wank (Sanchez, Sissoko for example)... but most worrying in past 2-3 months has been that even those who seemed decent players like PEH and Reggie have played like shit.

Carra pointed out in his analysis of our "display" in the final that Reggie was not even closing down City wingers one on one. Just backed off, just let them have the room.

Mental restart needed like pretty much everyone else in the team.

Frustrated Buzz Lightyear GIF

Just not seen enough from him really, suspect defensively and not enough dangerous crossing although he has a more consistent delivery than that fucking clown on the other side who must have wasted the most chances to put dangerous balls in this season.

Think he tries to overcomepensate with some of his challenges when he's beaten etc., especially physically.

Would put him in the top 5 players in the squad who would completely empty someone when needed and take the yellow for the team (Hojbjerg, Dier, Lamela & Lo Celso are the others).

We're probably getting a good deal...

Just not seen enough from him really, suspect defensively and not enough dangerous crossing although he has a more consistent delivery than that fucking clown on the other side who must have wasted the most chances to put dangerous balls in this season.

Think he tries to overcomepensate with some of his challenges when he's beaten etc., especially physically.

Would put him in the top 5 players in the squad who would completely empty someone when needed and take the yellow for the team (Hojbjerg, Dier, Lamela & Lo Celso are the others).

We're probably getting a good deal...
if you keep writing off players in the first season you wouldnt have a good squad. he was the best upcoming rb in la liga and you want to sell him after a disasterous with mourinho. you need to send me some of that weed you are smoking so i can plant some in Jamaica bro.

Half Baked Reaction GIF
Dave Chappelle GIF

Back
Top Bottom