Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shame: seems a good guy and acts like he’s won the WC when he scores - obviously wants to do well for the team. I’d like to think he’ll come good, but that will no doubt be a decision for whoever comes in the summer / end of season.

I think he could be good but he will always be a back up, older than I thought when he first came aswell. I think we need to find a young striker to play back up next year and not waste the money.
My big issue is his hold up play is awful
Therefore he cannot be trusted to start against any good team (basically any Premier league team)

If we cannot only start him against crap teams that's not really the idea. Need someone who could actually compete with Kane.

Heskey backing Wolves move for Spurs striker Vinicius

Former Aston Villa striker Emile Heskey has backed Wolves' move for Tottenham striker Carlos Vinicius.
On-loan from Benfica, Vinicius isn't expected to be signed permanently by Spurs this summer. However, he is now being linked with Wolves.
Heskey told HITC: "I agree 100% [that Vinícius goes to the Wolves]. Going there, he will immediately put pressure on the usual starters.
"He is a very good player, he knows how to hold the ball, he appears well in the penalty area and attacks it.
"I think he would fit well with the Wolves, who need to freshen up a bit."

Thanks Emile Heskey, your cheque is in the mail 😌👍

Like Gedson another.....ahem ahem ....Mendes deal. Dodgy as anything.
Oh give me a break, Gedson was obviously a disaster but Vinicius has fulfilled most of what we would want from him. 9 goal involvements in 9 EL matches and 3 goals in 3 FA cup appearances.

Yes he didn't really tear up the EPL but he's a backup striker who got next to no opportunities in the league.

We brought him in to give Kane a break from early EL and Cup matches, he was effective when given those opportunities.

For that return, we paid a minuscule loan fee and have no obligation to buy. Hardly a dodgy deal. Just because we don't want to buy him permanently, doesn't mean it was a bad deal.

Oh give me a break, Gedson was obviously a disaster but Vinicius has fulfilled most of what we would want from him. 9 goal involvements in 9 EL matches and 3 goals in 3 FA cup appearances.

Yes he didn't really tear up the EPL but he's a backup striker who got next to no opportunities in the league.

We brought him in to give Kane a break from early EL and Cup matches, he was effective when given those opportunities.

For that return, we paid a minuscule loan fee and have no obligation to buy. Hardly a dodgy deal. Just because we don't want to buy him permanently, doesn't mean it was a bad deal.
In the more meaningful games when Kane hasn't been fit he's hardly played. Think he started Chelsea at home and he was really poor. The manager that wanted him didn't pick him, Mason didn't on Wednesday. He did ok against cannon fodder but out of all the strikers in world football we just happened to pick one who had the same agent as our recent manager, ditto Gedson. Matt Doherty had that connection. All 3 nowhere near good enough and every chance none will be with us in September, so yes dodgy.

Not Vins fault at all for being in the situation he's in right now but I can't believe we didn't go after someone like Cavani. He's a real game changer and someone that brings in that much needed intensity/winning mentality to a dressing room.

Not Vins fault at all for being in the situation he's in right now but I can't believe we didn't go after someone like Cavani. He's a real game changer and someone that brings in that much needed intensity/winning mentality to a dressing room.

The question I always have when this is brought up is whether he would have wanted to come here.

At United he has started a lot of games for them, not sure he would have done the same for us. Would he have been happy starting in earlier round EL games, because if not then we still would need someone for those games.

But the likeliest reason beyond that is that his agent/brother wanted a big cash payout for himself and I doubt Levy liked the idea of that.

The question I always have when this is brought up is whether he would have wanted to come here.

At United he has started a lot of games for them, not sure he would have done the same for us. Would he have been happy starting in earlier round EL games, because if not then we still would need someone for those games.

But the likeliest reason beyond that is that his agent/brother wanted a big cash payout for himself and I doubt Levy liked the idea of that.
We never pursued him so we'll never know. Given their respective footballing IQs, I don't see we wouldn't be able to find a way to play Cavani and Kane at the same time.

We never pursued him so we'll never know. Given their respective footballing IQs, I don't see we wouldn't be able to find a way to play Cavani and Kane at the same time.

In a 4-4-2 but then where is Son, in the MF on the wing? Not sure that is great.

or in a front 3 with Son?

You are right they are smart enough and skilled enough that it could work, but not sure Jose is the guy likely to have got it right.

In a 4-4-2 but then where is Son, in the MF on the wing? Not sure that is great.

or in a front 3 with Son?

You are right they are smart enough and skilled enough that it could work, but not sure Jose is the guy likely to have got it right.
Yeah maybe a front 3 with Son. I just want Kane to be able to play alongside a high IQ footballer like Cavani whos off the ball movement is also great. They could have done some serious damage together.

I thank him for the goals that helped us progress in the cups.
But Ryan did not put him on the bench v City for a reason.
Not saying it's impossible but slim chance he will be here next season.

Benfica almost signed him last summer (our president lost his mind), but Cavani's blood sucking brother kept asking more and more money, it was an obscene amount, so we gave up. Tottenham paid 3 million euros for Vinicius' loan, it would cost 4-5 times more to get Cavani for 1 season. That's the reason why very few clubs were actually interested. In the middle of an industry-wide economic collapse to spend that much money on a 33-year old, with a few lingering doubts about his fitness, nah...

Benfica almost signed him last summer (our president lost his mind), but Cavani's blood sucking brother kept asking more and more money, it was an obscene amount, so we gave up. Tottenham paid 3 million euros for Vinicius' loan, it would cost 4-5 times more to get Cavani for 1 season. That's the reason why very few clubs were actually interested. In the middle of an industry-wide economic collapse to spend that much money on a 33-year old, with a few lingering doubts about his fitness, nah...
Thanks for that post. Very informative.

And the reason why Vinicius was quickly kicked out of the club when the new manager came in, was because he and the Benfica board were convinced that Cavani would indeed sign for us, so we would have too many strikers. Vinicius had been top scorer in the league the season before, his value was high, so theoretically we could get more money for him (selling right away or after 1 season on loan), instead of selling Seferovic, for example.

Nothing happened like Benfica predicted. Cavani didn't sign, Spurs won't buy Vinicius (Wolves will, though 😄), our season so far is a disaster and now the hated Seferovic is the league's top scorer, after starting the season on the bench 😅

Will be surprised to see him in a Spurs shirt again unless Kane suffered a reaction from Sunday and cannot play.
Now Kane plays deeper I cannot see why any replacement if good enough cannot get more games by playing with Kane more often. Son needs more rest games and I cannot see Bale staying. All depends on the new Manager which needs to be in place early so we get the type of player in that he wants.

Back
Top Bottom