What does it take for fans to buy back a club?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I got 200 shares when I was a kid and Spurs were plc. Just nice to have the certificate and then get invited to the AGM.
Then when they delisted I got bombarded with requests to sell but never actioned it.
So I think I still own part of the club?
I'm not sure what I can do with this mighty power!!
Stage an aggresive take over.
For the shit & giggles, if nothing else...

Just a general question and hoping someone could answer my curiosity. Wondering why some countries have different standards for fans in their clubs and other don't.

Also wondering what it would take for Tottenham to have a Dortmund style ownership model.
Heard on a podcast that it isn't 50+1 ownership but voting rights. Can be achieved while leaving ownership as it is, although I can't see any one wanting to own a company and not be able to run it how they wish.

Bring in a change in legislation to match:

'The clause states that, in order to obtain a license to compete in the Bundesliga, a club must hold a majority of its own voting rights.'

Worth remembering Barca /RM are member (fan) owned with none of the governance of the German clubs so it's not a magic cure. (fan ownership has prevented South American clubs achieving potential also imo).

money GIF

I got 200 shares when I was a kid and Spurs were plc. Just nice to have the certificate and then get invited to the AGM.
Then when they delisted I got bombarded with requests to sell but never actioned it.
Behold.

The true king.

Why didn't you buy a CB?

.... Biff out!

Heard on a podcast that it isn't 50+1 ownership but voting rights. Can be achieved while leaving ownership as it is, although I can't see any one wanting to own a company and not be able to run it how they wish.

Bring in a change in legislation to match:

'The clause states that, in order to obtain a license to compete in the Bundesliga, a club must hold a majority of its own voting rights.'

Worth remembering Barca /RM are member (fan) owned with none of the governance of the German clubs so it's not a magic cure. (fan ownership has prevented South American clubs achieving potential also imo).

How happy are companies going to be doing business in the UK if the government just randomly creates legislation that takes 50% of your company away from you?

Obviously many will still have to do business no matter what but I can't imagine it would be a popular political move amongst the elites that fund these politicians.

How happy are companies going to be doing business in the UK if the government just randomly creates legislation that takes 50% of your company away from you?

Obviously many will still have to do business no matter what but I can't imagine it would be a popular political move amongst the elites that fund these politicians.
Football appears to be special, they are happy to get involved (i.e. SuperLeague) compared to other industry when it suits.

Back
Top Bottom