Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Call me mad, but I still got a funny feeling Brendan Rodgers will be the Spurs manager next season. I got a feeling he will get Leicester in the CL and feel maybe that’s as far as he can take them. He’s had 2 interviews now asking him about the Spurs links and not once has he said he’s not interested. If anything, he was very complimentary on spurs as a club last week. If he was 100% not leaving Leicester you would simply say “Spurs are a great Club but I’m not interested in the job” he is interested no doubt about it
You're mad!

Even though we may not be in Europe next season we have got to look for a new Manager to last longer than Mourinho and get us into Europe the following year. I would then want someone with European experience which rules out Potter and Parker. Ted Hag does fit the requirements and I do not know a lot about other European Managers with experience. I do think we need to go back to a DOF which is just as important and for Levy to take a more back seat as Chairman.
When Bale left we made 7 signings which did not work out. We made a lot of signings last summer which again has not worked out. Whilst many are calling for wholesale changes I would prefer what money is available being used for a couple of top quality signings rather than a lot of average signings or ones for the future. We do have Skipp coming back and maybe Sess & Clarke although neither impressed me last season.

Sweet Lord in heaven take me now. Let the rapture wash over me and may physical disintegration embrace my corporeal form.

I have sinned and verily recognise your punishment. I beg for forgiveness.

Amen.

I said it earlier but if it happens then I’m done with football.

Anyone who looks at Southgate’s brand of football and says “Yep. I want that at my club” is a total fucking moron. Now I know that Levy knows very little about football but if even he can’t figure that one out then there really is no hope.

If the shiny headed Scrooge cunt brings Southgate to Spurs then that’s me done. I’d rather have Jimmy Savile’s reanimated noncey corpse give me a daily prostate exam with a dildo wrapped in AIDS-riddled, cum soaked barbed wire than watch the shower of shite Southgate will have us playing.

Anyone who looks at Southgate’s brand of football and says “Yep. I want that at my club” is a total fucking moron. Now I know that Levy knows very little about football but if even he can’t figure that one out then there really is no hope.

If the shiny headed Scrooge cunt brings Southgate to Spurs then that’s me done. I’d rather have Jimmy Savile’s reanimated noncey corpse give me a daily prostate exam with a dildo wrapped in AIDS-riddled, cum soaked barbed wire than watch the shower of shite Southgate will have us playing.
Cbs What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

I dont think its going to be Southgate, but just to make sure, Im going to start praying every night he is far away from being appointed at our club.

His does seem very qualified for our circus though:

2006 - 2009 | Middlesbrough | Achievements GARETH SOUTHGATE
  • 2007: 13th Premier League
  • 2008: 12th Premier League
  • 2009: 19th Premier League - Relegation
  • October 2009: Sacked
151 Games: 47 wins, 41 draws, 63 losses

For what it’s worth Ten Hag would be my choice for no other reason than Ajax is a name that though not now so much but has history and their past achievements the guy will have the necessary knowledge in getting us at least playing an attacking style of football which is a start.

I dont think its going to be Southgate, but just to make sure, Im going to start praying every night he is far away from being appointed at our club.

His does seem very qualified for our circus though:

2006 - 2009 | Middlesbrough | Achievements GARETH SOUTHGATE
  • 2007: 13th Premier League
  • 2008: 12th Premier League
  • 2009: 19th Premier League - Relegation
  • October 2009: Sacked
151 Games: 47 wins, 41 draws, 63 losses
How did he get the England job?

Surely even Levy can see that Southgate's club management highlights consist of:

1. Getting Boro' relegated;
2. Failing to get Boro' promoted.

Steve Gibson is probably the most loyal chairman in the country; he even got El Tel in to help Bryan Robson out rather than firing him on the spot for being a complete no-hoper. If Gibbo fired Southgate, that says it all.

Southgate at Spurs? This'll be like Christian Gross all over again but with a waistcoat and beard this time.

Back
Top Bottom