Will we ever win a trophy again?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Distaste for scouse

Hates football hipsters. Go cram your XG up your..
This is a serious thread for serious people only.

Will we ever win a trophy again?

Even the Bruce Springsteen patented "glory days" of winning the top 4 trophy regularly and bagging the prestigious Audi cup seem firmly in the rear view mirror.

I'm worried people, curious mixture of apathy, sleepless nights and Spurs induced constipation.

So I invite you to give your opinion.

Indiana Jones Life GIF

Go On Reaction GIF by Black Prez

#Gallows humour only
#We're shit and we know we are
#Let the healing begin

Yes we are going to win the Chanpionship with Scott Parker.

honestly I don’t see it any time soon. We don’t focus on cups only top 4 because that is where the money is and we are built to increase the value of the asset. So if we win a trophy it would be more coincidental than anything else particularly given the mess the club is in.

Given our revenue and average wage spend in relation to other clubs, and assuming less than 10% ranked income deviance in the PL over the next decade....

Calculating Figure It Out GIF

Yes. The 2043 Deliveroo Cup.

Ever? Yes. Probably. Maybe. With a lot of luck.

In my lifetime?
- League Cup 30%
- FA Cup 20%
- Europa 5%
- PL 0%
- CL you having a laugh?

Oh and the ECL or some other newly made up trophy: I couldn’t give a toss.

Last edited:
We would have won them under Redknapp or Poch if their attitude towards the league cup, FA Cup and Europa League hadn't been one of complete distain.

Agreed with the above, we could easily win one coincidentally if stars such as a cup run of bye, penalty win, Championship side, Championship side occur again, with enough finals we would win at least one....

Hard to believe we will at the current time and not because we are poor in terms of players but that we constantly seem to have an insurpassable hurdle every time we try.

In that regard we are peculiar and to find a parallel is quite difficult.

So yes of course but hard to know when.

A part of me did think.the League Cup in a season when we have been so average but again and because it's us not to be.

Whereas Woolwich winning the Europa would just not surprise me despite them just as abject.

Makes me laugh how we lose a final to one of the best and most expensive teams in history and SSN banner says Spurs now go 14 years without a trophy.

Do they say Wet Sham have gone 41 years when they fail to win one?
Do they say Newcastle have gone over 50 years now without one?
Aston Villa and Everton 25+ years
Sheffield United 95 fucking years
Palace Fulham and Brighton have never won a cup at all. Ever.

We would definitely win a trophy if we were the only team in a competition and even then it wouldn’t be guaranteed lol 😂

I live in hope we will win another trophy In my lifetime but who knows?

We have in the past few seasons probably had the best possible chances to do just that.

Champions league final: it was all over in the first minute And it still pisses me off to this day can’t believe Mane could whack the ball at Sissokos arm at point blank range and win a penalty it totally killed the atmosphere in the stadium and the final was one of the worst in champions league history as a result.

This season probably the best chance we could’ve ever had to win Europa league with all the dogshit teams involved in the knockout stages and we go all Spursy once again and from being 2-0 up in the first leg in what was a controlled performance to actually lose 3-0 in the second leg without so much as putting up a fight was disgraceful probably in my lifetime one of the worst if not the worst European result I have ever seen with the club.

Not to mention the league cup finals we have been to and lost because it’s a rubbish competition but silverware nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom