Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Seen as Ten Haag is now gone gonna say it again...MARCELO GALLARDO

Please people stop saying Potter would be better for spurs than Gallardo I'm telling you he's the risk worth taking!

The thing about top level managers is that they all want control of how to shape their squad. With Levy here our only hope is mid-low level coaches like Martinez or Southgate who will be willing to bend over backwards to get back into club football.

All top level coaches like Klopp, Pep, ten Hag, Rodgers and Nagelsmann will want control of their squad. We really are run like shit on the footballing side of things.
Whoever comes in TODAY will have almost certainly more control of their squad than every one of those names you've just listed, they all have DoF's in place doing just that. We don't (we should have one).

Reckon its either Rodgers and Levy doing a little dance off over control and possible funds and he was always first choice. Or its someone unexpected like Gerrard or even Hansi Flick who i don't think has been confirmed as Germany manager yet. Levy loves a big name and he'll be aware of his reputation at the moment.

Ten Hag clearly knew of interest and thought "fuck that" speaks volumes he would rather stay at Ajax than join us and work under Levy and ENIC.

I mean who would want to work under them? A club that supports the ESL, a club that doesn't back their managers, a club with a terrible transfer policy and scouting network and that has a reputation for bottling it on the big stage, carrying that tag around our neck thanks to these fucking owners.

But you know, Levy thinks his stadium (emphasis on HIS because that's how he views it) is enough to get any player or manager we want.

He's a joke, ENIC are a joke, this club has been dragged through the dirt because of these cunts and I want them OUT!

That's absolute bollocks. From the Ajax posters on here, the impression I get is Ten Hag is something of a provincial character, some kind of farmer's son with quite narrow horizons. Big clubs outside of the Netherlands have obviously picked this up and he's not seen as a big candidate for any top jobs. Not convinced we were genuinely interested but I am convinced it would have been a disastrous move for both parties.

it’s gonna be one of these 5:

potter
Parker
Howe
Southgate
Martinez

:avbshit:

Sad Arrested Development GIF

Reckon its either Rodgers and Levy doing a little dance off over control and possible funds and he was always first choice. Or its someone unexpected like Gerrard or even Hansi Flick who i don't think has been confirmed as Germany manager yet. Levy loves a big name and he'll be aware of his reputation at the moment.

Gerard is scum. He would alienate our fanbase way more than Jose and he constantly flirts with Liverpool in the media. An absolute no go.

Please people don't put all your chips on the names that get reported in the press, at this stage which is EARLY (the dinosaur was only sacked 10 days ago).

Right now The Sun have us ditching Rodgers because it will cost us too much to get him. This morning stories are saying we are now prepared to TRIPPLE his wages to get him!!! He's on £10m a year!!

So what happens is those that want Rodgers will go all in and pin their hope son us paying him £30m per year and buying out his contract at Leicester, when this doesn't happen everyone starts yelling that we are shit.

Or

Those that are not interested in Rodgers start yelling that we are shit because they don't think Rodgers is the right profile. So when a story comes out its Ten Hag those that don't favour Rodgers pin their hats to him, failing to acknowledge that he has no doubt done what all "in demand or admired" coaches do have their people run with the stories in the press to improve their negotiations with their current clubs (Poch even did this with Real Madrid, Simeone has done this for years), now those that pinned it all on Ten Hag are screaming, EVERYONE IS SCREAMING!

Mate, Rodgers said yesterday he has no plans to leave Leicester and that he is happy there and wants to work on the project for the next few years, he has absolutely no interest in coming to us.

The only reason the dinosaur came to us was because he was desperate to reignite his failing career.

The game is up mate, nobody worth a shit wants to come here and work under Levy or our owners, all we have is a stadium and Harry Kane (possibly Son as well) those are the biggest pulls for working at Tottenham right now, nothing else.

And for a top tier manager, that's not enough, hence why we will end up with someone that Levy can control and it will end just like it did with Poch, him being miserable and getting the sack because these absolute cunts didn't back the best manager we have had since Jol.

They make me sick, they have nowhere to hide, just the ESL agreement is a sackable offence by itself imo but when you add on all the other shit I find it hard to believe anybody can defend them.

"But they are good at business and built us a world class stadium" isn't good enough for me, them being good at turning us into a fucking entertainment venue and getting us on the rich list doesn't mean fuck all when we are going to be right back where we were when they first took us over on the football side of things.

They disgust me, greedy snakes.

That's absolute bollocks. From the Ajax posters on here, the impression I get is Ten Hag is something of a provincial character, some kind of farmer's son with quite narrow horizons. Big clubs outside of the Netherlands have obviously picked this up and he's not seen as a big candidate for any top jobs. Not convinced we were genuinely interested but I am convinced it would have been a disastrous move for both parties.
It's not bollocks at all, you think Ten Hag would turn down the Man City job?

I applaud Ten Hag for his intelligence in not wanting to work for Levy. I suspect Rangnick will be the same. These types of real football people have no time for idiots like Levy

Where does that leave us? I guess Eddie Howe is free

Time to log off, mate

Back
Top Bottom