Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a mess levys left the team in. You can be sure ten hag sounded out former managers on what their experience was with him. Enic and levy would better serve spurs with a new chairman in place and levy as some sort of treasurer type with no input on the football side of things.
No manager worth their salt will want to work under him and who could blame them?

What a mess levys left the team in. You can be sure ten hag sounded out former managers on what their experience was with him. Enic and levy would better serve spurs with a new chairman in place and levy as some sort of treasurer type with no input on the football side of things.
No manager worth their salt will want to work under him and who could blame them?

"Would you like 15m a year and another 30m if I sack you after 18 months?"

NO THANKS ... said almost no manager ever .... at least be realistic, 99% of managers would bite Levy's hand off to sign whether they liked him or not.

NO THANKS ... said almost no manager ever .... at least be realistic, 99% of managers would bite Levy's hand off to sign whether they liked him or not.
*Didn't get £15m a year. Lots of clauses.

*Didn't get £30m, paid a lot less because more clauses, rumours he was sacked when we were outside Top 6 as it would cost significantly less in compensation.

The cynic in me thinks they were already sacking him and also banking on the ESL money too, the timing was too close. Thrifty ENIC, he probably would have gotten even more if we sacked him after lifting a trophy.

The last thing this club needs is a mercenary who only comes for the money. We just had a year and a half of that and look where its got us. We need an ambitious manager looking to make his mark on the game. Who is looking for a club who will properly back him when it comes to team building.
Where he thinks he has the right environment to achieve honours.
Yes money is a massive factor but ten hag just stayed at ajax when we could have tripled his money.
I suppose we're unlucky he's in the one per cent.

Hows the manager search going Daniel?

E0KPOIDXsAM0GDP.jpg

*Insert sad trombone music here*

*Didn't get £15m a year. Lots of clauses.

*Didn't get £30m, paid a lot less because more clauses, rumours he was sacked when we were outside Top 6 as it would cost significantly less in compensation.

The cynic in me thinks they were already sacking him and also banking on the ESL money too, the timing was too close. Thrifty ENIC, he probably would have gotten even more if we sacked him after lifting a trophy.
All true - but looking ahead if the money is high enough then they will all come ...

Frankly why would we want another overpaid reject? you can keep most of the so called "super managers" simply not worth the aggro.

I would rather go with a five year project (like Poch) just not sure our "now-now-now" fans would accept that. Scotty Parker would be my choice, but what do I know.

Very much doubt the club will be sold soon, but I guess you never know

What most important is needledick pinhead steps back from football decisions and employs a CXO for the FC or a DOF who can make decisions ASAP

WE WANT LEVY OUT SAY WE WANT LEVY OUT

The last thing this club needs is a mercenary who only comes for the money. We just had a year and a half of that and look where its got us. We need an ambitious manager looking to make his mark on the game. Who is looking for a club who will properly back him when it comes to team building.
Where he thinks he has the right environment to achieve honours.
Yes money is a massive factor but ten hag just stayed at ajax when we could have tripled his money.
I suppose we're unlucky he's in the one per cent.
I completely agree ... all those crying out for the next "Mourinho" style big huge wages name manager ... no thanks

Levy is the only one of the “6 clubs” owners that seems to be actually hands on at their club.....He’s stuck in the middle of everything, all the fucking time...!!
The man simply needs a hobby or develop a drinking problem or something, anything to keep him away more....

Do we want to win trophies? If the answer if yes, then the best chance we have is if ENIC sell up and stop sapping profits from the club.

I think I'm right in saying that abramovich wanted spurs before he bought Chelsea but ENIC wouldn't sell for a reasonable price. If that is true, then they are the sole reason that we aren't a leading super club by now.

Do we want to win trophies? If the answer if yes, then the best chance we have is if ENIC sell up and stop sapping profits from the club.

I think I'm right in saying that abramovich wanted spurs before he bought Chelsea but ENIC wouldn't sell for a reasonable price. If that is true, then they are the sole reason that we aren't a leading super club by now.
This also doesn't get better. Woolwich may sell (hope not). Newcastle may get bought by Saudi billionaires.

Where does that leave spurs in the long run? 6th to 8th at best?

Not necessarily. You find out you get some hedge fund coming in that want a solid % of the PL revenue every year and don't want to pay for league success, only avoid relegation, then is that really an improvement? I would say no.
Or the other way we get an owner better than levy who will deliver more than 1 trophy in the next 20 years .

Not necessarily. You find out you get some hedge fund coming in that want a solid % of the PL revenue every year and don't want to pay for league success, only avoid relegation, then is that really an improvement? I would say no.

The only thing with that is that as we have seen with Kroenke and Levy is that top 4 and CL money is where the real value is. It is unlikely that a hedge fund will want to come in and just avoid relegation, most likely they will want to do enough to get 4th and that will be the line they attempt to get to with as little money spent to get there.

Especially with the cost it would take to buy us, the stadium we have. Just avoiding relegation likely doesn't provide near enough return on their investment.

If that is all they want they will just buy Newcastle for 300m and do the same thing.

The only thing with that is that as we have seen with Kroenke and Levy is that top 4 and CL money is where the real value is. It is unlikely that a hedge fund will want to come in and just avoid relegation, most likely they will want to do enough to get 4th and that will be the line they attempt to get to with as little money spent to get there.

Especially with the cost it would take to buy us, the stadium we have. Just avoiding relegation likely doesn't provide near enough return on their investment.

If that is all they want they will just buy Newcastle for 300m and do the same thing.
So, essentially, exactly what ENIC's current plan appears to be? Not sure how this is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom